Author Topic: Anybody here a Libertarian?  (Read 173 times)

GoodLuvn169

Anybody here a Libertarian?
« on: April 03, 2004, 06:05:36 PM »
Anybody here a Libertarian or hold Libertarian ideals?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Anybody here a Libertarian?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 09:48:13 PM »
Definition?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

kickz_deluxe

• 'G'
  • Wurzeln&Flügel
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 10:41:45 AM »
even a long way gon end once
---------------*----------------
I see no changes, all I see is racist faces
misplaced hate makes disgrace to races
~~~~~~~~~~°~~~~~~~~~~
YA CAN'T STOP THA WAVES BUT LEARN TO SURF
~~~~~~~~~~°~~~~~~~~~~              
                 C  R  U  X
              ==========

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 11:54:20 AM »
Definition?

Libertarian's are the true Republicans.  What they teach you in school about Republican's being for smaller government is false.  Every four years the government gets bigger, no matter who is in office.  Bush has expanded the role and size of the government to yet another unprecedented level.

Liberatarian's want to limit the government strictly to it's role as defined by the founding fathers in the United States Constitution.

They justifiably feel that the founding fathers of this country, as detailed in the Constitution, did not intend for the government to have such a dominated presence in our lives.

Here are just some example's of their ideas...

Get rid of all the unnecessary government programs.  For example.  

Why have the United States Postal Service when Federal Express and UPS can do it faster and more efficiently anyway?  

Why have public (government) schools when private institutions have always surpassed public schools in every category of learning and recreation?  

Why take my tax money and decide for me, that I have to support Isreal's oppression of the Palestinians or America's invasion and occupation of Iraq?- If a person feels strongly that all the land in Isreal belongs to the Jews then they can raise money in their synogogues and fly over there and join the Isreali military.  But don't take my money and decide for me.

And the list goes on and on... after you hear all the governnment programs they plan on reducing in size or getting rid of alltogether.. what it boils down to is a government that runs without having to place any taxes on it's citizens, and a government that can do it's limited functions simply on money earned in trade with other Nations.

..... if you want to read more.. go to www.HarryBrowne.org.. he was their presidential candidate last election.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 12:01:26 PM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 12:43:07 PM »
Definition?

Libertarian's are the true Republicans.  What they teach you in school about Republican's being for smaller government is false.  Every four years the government gets bigger, no matter who is in office.  Bush has expanded the role and size of the government to yet another unprecedented level.

Liberatarian's want to limit the government strictly to it's role as defined by the founding fathers in the United States Constitution.

They justifiably feel that the founding fathers of this country, as detailed in the Constitution, did not intend for the government to have such a dominated presence in our lives.

Here are just some example's of their ideas...

Get rid of all the unnecessary government programs.  For example.  

Why have the United States Postal Service when Federal Express and UPS can do it faster and more efficiently anyway?  

Why have public (government) schools when private institutions have always surpassed public schools in every category of learning and recreation?  

Why take my tax money and decide for me, that I have to support Isreal's oppression of the Palestinians or America's invasion and occupation of Iraq?- If a person feels strongly that all the land in Isreal belongs to the Jews then they can raise money in their synogogues and fly over there and join the Isreali military.  But don't take my money and decide for me.

And the list goes on and on... after you hear all the governnment programs they plan on reducing in size or getting rid of alltogether.. what it boils down to is a government that runs without having to place any taxes on it's citizens, and a government that can do it's limited functions simply on money earned in trade with other Nations.

..... if you want to read more.. go to www.HarryBrowne.org.. he was their presidential candidate last election.

Exactly, a country based on these ideals would be a free country, the way it was, and still is supposed to be. ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 12:44:00 PM by GoodLuvn169 »