Poll

The Greatest Rap Group Ever In Your Opinion?

Wu-Tang Clan
6 (12.8%)
N.W.A.
19 (40.4%)
A Tribe Called Quest
6 (12.8%)
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
7 (14.9%)
Cypress Hill
2 (4.3%)
Guerilla Maab
0 (0%)
The Fugees
1 (2.1%)
Outkast
6 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Greatest Rap Group of All-Time Who Would It Be?...  (Read 800 times)

PhantomChild

• 'G'
Re:Greatest Rap Group of All-Time Who Would It Be?...
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2004, 06:40:08 PM »
Hey that song taught me what a bell was! >:( :(

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2004, 05:32:56 AM »
look at the south......no look at  hip hop and popular culture after each and every kast album and tell me outkast hasn't had a grand impact

run dmc is not the best rap group, they're just the most respected because they were the first credible hip hop group to explode. when you compare the overall skill it's plain and simple that big boi and andre are more talented and make better music than run and darrell

It really doesn't matter the skill. 2Pac is the greatest rapper of all time even though most don't consider him a lyrist. In reality, Run DMC is the great group because they have had more hits, more impact, they have influinced more people, and no matter what, there affect on hip-hop will be felt for a very long time. They have more classic albums. for Outkast, as I said, they have Southern.... and Aquemini, and Run DMC has many albums. Outkast has changed with every album, but that doesn't make each album great. Run DMC was the first to expand into rock, and they did it very well. No group has had the commercal success of Run DMC. No group. Name one that's was play as much on MTV than Run DMC in the 80's, maybe Outkast now, but that's it. I'll agree, Outkast is the only group that comes close. N.W.A. had potential, but they never had an album that took full advantage of everyone in their group, Wu Tang has 7 lyrist that are all better than either 3000 or Big Boi, and 2 classics, but honestly, Iron Flag and The W were just hard to listen to, for me at least. It comes down to me, Outkast and Run DMC because they were the ones that stayed consistant over the years, and in the end, I think Run DMC is the only choice.

Penny 2K4

• Lil Geezy
  • I show naked ass like a llama!!
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2004, 09:00:05 AM »
Mobb Deep are a bunch of hoe ass niggas that got wrecked by Pac...

Neji Huga

• 'G'
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2004, 09:43:23 AM »
look at the south......no look at  hip hop and popular culture after each and every kast album and tell me outkast hasn't had a grand impact

run dmc is not the best rap group, they're just the most respected because they were the first credible hip hop group to explode. when you compare the overall skill it's plain and simple that big boi and andre are more talented and make better music than run and darrell

It really doesn't matter the skill. 2Pac is the greatest rapper of all time even though most don't consider him a lyrist. In reality, Run DMC is the great group because they have had more hits, more impact, they have influinced more people, and no matter what, there affect on hip-hop will be felt for a very long time. They have more classic albums. for Outkast, as I said, they have Southern.... and Aquemini, and Run DMC has many albums. Outkast has changed with every album, but that doesn't make each album great. Run DMC was the first to expand into rock, and they did it very well. No group has had the commercal success of Run DMC. No group. Name one that's was play as much on MTV than Run DMC in the 80's, maybe Outkast now, but that's it. I'll agree, Outkast is the only group that comes close. N.W.A. had potential, but they never had an album that took full advantage of everyone in their group, Wu Tang has 7 lyrist that are all better than either 3000 or Big Boi, and 2 classics, but honestly, Iron Flag and The W were just hard to listen to, for me at least. It comes down to me, Outkast and Run DMC because they were the ones that stayed consistant over the years, and in the end, I think Run DMC is the only choice.
LMAO... 7 Lyrist?... What 7?.... Didn't LL Cool J write some songs for Run DMC? Also DMC had a huge gap were they fell off the Planet for a while before coming back with down with the king. I heard it was because LL stopped writing for them.... But no matter what they are still a great group!.... Outkast is Surperb as well... I'm undecided :-\
My Train of Thought

"I Got 99 Problems. But, a Bitch ain't one...."

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2004, 04:03:14 AM »
Is no-one gonna mention Tribe in this? Outkast have 2 classics, Tribe have three (Peoples Instinctive Travels, Low End Theory, Midnight Marauders), they are easily above Outkast in my reckoning.

The reason Outkast getting a lot of radio/video play, is because 1) Ms Jackson was a straight pop song, 2)They wear stupid clothes and 3) Hey Ya sounded like a crap Foo Fighters song so appealed to a large audience.