Poll

who was the worst president of the 20th century?

Carter
1 (7.1%)
JFK
0 (0%)
Clinton
0 (0%)
Hoover
5 (35.7%)
Nixon
8 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Worst President of the 20th century  (Read 235 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Worst President of the 20th century
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2004, 10:46:13 AM »
Come on M_Dogg LBJ was the greatest domestic President of the century after FDR.  He was responsible for Civil Rights and Medicare/aid.

Exactly.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2004, 06:41:50 PM »
Come on M_Dogg LBJ was the greatest domestic President of the century after FDR.  He was responsible for Civil Rights and Medicare/aid.

You are forgetting College Aid, programs like Upward Bound in intercity schools to help out poor high school students get ready for college, and government housing for homeless. I know. LBJ was by far on of the greatest domestic presidents of our time. But I think it would hypocritical of me to over look Vietnam, and at the sametime bash Bush for Iraq. I love LBJ. I am very lucky to benefit off of what he has done, but at the sametime, he did not take us out of Vietnam, a conflict started by Eisenhower, continued slightly by JFK, and taken further by LBJ. Johnson was not a military mind to say the least, and the way Vietnam was handled caused the death of 700,000 solders, look at U.S. lose in Iraq right now, it's no where close. Also, 1.7 million Vietnamese people died as a result of the war. That's over 2 million people, which is WAY more than the resent Iraq war, and Afganistan put together. LBJ was a great domestic president, yes, but he should not have lead a "conflict". Also, LBJ is the reason the old Democratic party split like it did, as the southern vote left the Democrats. The south was a strong Democrat region for over 100 years, and after 1968, the south became Republican, and the older Democrats also left. Like in 1912, when the Republican party split, and the liberals left the Republicans to first go Bull Moose, and then go FDR and New Deal, the old school Democrats left to first go American Independent, then later to go Republican waving the stars and bars. Not saying we miss those types of Democrats, but it's been harder to win an election since. And the funny thing is that no one complained about the Civil Rights that were given, everyone complained about Vietnam. Inside the Convention, the liberal Democrats were singing "We Shall Over Come" when Hurbert Humphery took the nomination. That does not look good on television. Funny fact, even though the Democrats feel apart in 1968, they still lost by a very small margin... lol. That's how strong the Democrat party was back then. You could not begin to imagion how strong they were. And Johnson's lack of a good foreign policy ended the Democrat's hold in Washington that they have had since 1932 when Roosevelt swept the United States into a New Deal. We still are living in FDR, and LBJ's legacy, but we liberals forget that the war we protested, was one of our presidents wars. Next time you protest about Iraq, think about that.

dexter

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2004, 09:26:16 AM »
G W Bush

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2004, 10:21:41 PM »