Author Topic: To All The Linkin Park Haters...  (Read 484 times)

Don Breezio

To All The Linkin Park Haters...
« on: April 08, 2004, 08:42:05 PM »
im tired of hearing that linkin park is just pop music...so heres a few lines from them just to prove you guys wrong.

"with your lack of skill and versility your killin me/
and a DJ in the group just for credibility/"

"so you pick up the pen and wright yourself a new identity/
but mentally you don't have the hip hop energy/
with a tendency to make up stories/
soundin' like the only hip hop you've heard is top 40"

"so when i battle you can't hack it/
react with wack shit and get smacked with verbal backflips"

"nobody in the world is safe when we melt down the wax in your empty crate"

"everybody on board as we blend the sword with the pen/
the mightiest of weapons swingin right for the chin"

"so you can try on/
leave you without a shoulder to cry on/
from now until infinity let icons be bygones/"

"sing-song karaoke copy bullshit! break bones verbally with sticks and stone tactics!"

thats just from 3 songs...just a few lines from each that i felt were dope as fuck...if you consider that type of shit pop...you need to check your music judgement.

GoodLuvn169

Re:To All The Linkin Park Haters...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 09:01:23 PM »
im tired of hearing that linkin park is just pop music...so heres a few lines from them just to prove you guys wrong.

"so you pick up the pen and wright yourself a new identity/
but mentally you don't have the hip hop energy/
with a tendency to make up stories/
soundin' like the only hip hop you've heard is top 40"

"so when i battle you can't hack it/
react with wack shit and get smacked with verbal backflips"

"nobody in the world is safe when we melt down the wax in your empty crate"

"everybody on board as we blend the sword with the pen/
the mightiest of weapons swingin right for the chin"

"so you can try on/
leave you without a shoulder to cry on/
from now until infinity let icons be bygones/"

"sing-song karaoke copy bullshit! break bones verbally with sticks and stone tactics!"

thats just from 3 songs...just a few lines from each that i felt were dope as fuck...if you consider that type of shit pop...you need to check your music judgement.
Why does it matter so much to you what other people think?  If you like the music listen to it.  Who cares what category other people put them into. ::) ::)

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 09:06:30 PM »
i care because people are so damn close minded they hear a single on the radio and don't even think that the album may be better.

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 09:39:08 PM »
i always considered linkin park dope

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Cant spell the West wit out the ES
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 09:39:39 PM »
luke we NEVER agree but i have to agree with you
my niggas here in my hood would kill me if all of them knew
but only a few do but i like some rock too and i like linkin park  they nice on the mic people should expand there mind sometimes it makes no sense to be stuck on just one taste of music when theres so many

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 10:11:50 PM »

-KIDRENEGADE-

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 10:43:04 PM »
luke we NEVER agree but i have to agree with you
my niggas here in my hood would kill me if all of them knew
but only a few do but i like some rock too and i like linkin park  they nice on the mic people should expand there mind sometimes it makes no sense to be stuck on just one taste of music when theres so many

exactly...theres tons of different types out there...why stick to just one? i consider linkin park to be rock when i hear them on the radio...but more than half of their albums is straight up hip hop...real hip hop. and i love it...i could name hundereds of lines like the ones i named before and they would all be killer just like those.

Suga Foot

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2004, 10:43:29 PM »
Linkin park is aight.  Those quotes aren't really anything special tho.

Don Breezio

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2004, 10:45:13 PM »
and just as one more little thing touching on LP being pop...how many pop artists can say they've worked with artists like Motion Man, Chali 2na, Kutmaster Kurt, Black Thought, Aceyalone, Rasco, Planet Asia, Pharoahe Monch, DJ Babu, Jonathon Davis, Aaron Lewis, Jay Gordon....we're talkin the dopest underground acts as well as a few dope rock acts.

EDIT: add the X-Ecutioners to that list too
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 10:58:58 PM by Luke »

Suga Foot

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 10:48:24 PM »
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2004, 12:09:05 AM »
i really like LInkin Park. Their lyrics are average, but their sound is great, and i love the work of their DJ. Those quotes, Luke, are from "high voltage" and "dedicated" i believe. They don't have many more hip hop songs. You probably listed the only hip hop shit that they have
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2004, 10:18:13 AM »
I liked the song with Chali 2Na for his verse, but other than that I absolutely hate Linkin Park. One of the guys can't sing at all, he just screams. And just so you know, I have heard them lots of times.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2004, 04:28:58 PM »

Talk about contradicting yourself.

I had their first album and it was complete shit, their were a couple of tight tracks on the remix album, but that was only because of the guest mcs. Didn't like the first single of their second album so haven't checked it, the blonde dudes voice is just way too annoying and the rapper is pretty average.

DeaDSouLjaH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2004, 10:03:10 PM »
linkin park's good ...and i dont see them as a rock/metal band.. i mean their music is different you know .... well one reason for that is that most of the bang members have a lot of creative control over the music that is being made.. mike shinoda IMO is an amazing emcee which can be very clearly seen from the lines Luke posted ... DJ Hahn is a good DJ and chester bennington IMO is one of the greatest vocalists of our generation .. i know there are a lotta linkin park haters out there saying that they turned pop after their first album .. i beg to differ... lets jus say that their music's evolving you know .. REANIMATION was a masterpiece...  newayz thats all i have to say .. i jus think Linkin Park are really really good .. (which was pretty evident from wat i jus posted.. i'm bored neway) ..
 8)

Awards:
Most Improved (January)
Emcee of the Month(February)
Battle Emcee of the Month(February)
Rhyme of the Month(February)

Record:17-8-1
[/color]

Don Breezio

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2004, 10:38:14 PM »
i really like LInkin Park. Their lyrics are average, but their sound is great, and i love the work of their DJ. Those quotes, Luke, are from "high voltage" and "dedicated" i believe. They don't have many more hip hop songs. You probably listed the only hip hop shit that they have

those were from "High Voltage", "Step Up", and "It's Goin Down"

and i beg to differ with that last statement...did you read the list of artists they've worked with i posted?