Author Topic: How come this board doesn't get much traffic?  (Read 171 times)

Trauma-san

How come this board doesn't get much traffic?
« on: April 09, 2004, 08:22:15 PM »
You'd think since it's such a serious board, there'd be all kinds of new posts.  I sign on, after not being on all day, and just see like 1 reply and no new posts on here.  Oh well, I'll post something up to see if it gets any convo. sparked!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worker struck, killed by roller coaster
Friday, April 9, 2004 Posted: 9:47 PM EDT (0147 GMT)

SANTA CLARITA, California (AP) -- An employee at Six Flags Magic Mountain was struck and killed by a roller coaster Friday, authorities said.

The employee, who was not immediately identified, walked onto the Scream roller coaster's tracks in a restricted area shortly before the park opened, said park spokeswoman Sue Carpenter. The worker died at a hospital.

"We do not know why this employee was in this area," Carpenter said. No one was on the ride at the time.

Sheriff's investigators along with officials from the state's Division of Occupational Safety and Health were called to the park.

Scream, a floorless roller coaster, opened in April 2003. Riders are strapped into chairs with their feet dangling as the ride goes through a series of twists and turns, reaching speeds up to 65 mph.

Magic Mountain has 18 other roller coasters on its 260-acre playground of rides and attractions.

A 28-year-old woman died of a ruptured aneurysm in 2001 on the Goliath Roller Coaster at the park. A coroner's report stated the ride may have been a factor in her death.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do yall strive for excitement like this? I heard once that there's like different types of people who need exciting near-death experiences to fuel their dopamine receptors in their brains.... normal people (or, people I guess that don't have this problem) experience pleasure in many aspects of their life, but some people need a severe rush to get the same feeling.  

I'll ride coasters, but I don't like the REAL crazy ones.  Loops and shit I can do, but the newer styles where you fly and stand up and all that shit I'm not really into.  

JB_Bboy

Re:How come this board doesn't get much traffic?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 08:36:12 PM »
Trauma, if I had 500 posts, I'd give you a prop. You're funny; narrow-minded, but funny.

infinite59

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 08:37:34 PM »
I like rollercoasters.

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 08:39:36 PM »
^ Ha, I was wondering if anybody was gonna reply.  Yeah, I mean, I LIKE them, but I don't like the crazy ones.  There's a pretty big Paramount park here in Charlotte, I used to have season passes, and there's a huge wooden coaster I like (or actually 3)... and there's a big Metal coaster with a double loop and a double corkscrew that I like, but the new ones they've put in since (3 new coasters) are too crazy for me.  I just don't even look forward to riding them.  There's a couple other rides like the boat that goes upside down, too, that I don't ride.  I really like the wooden coasters, though.  

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 09:24:45 AM »
You'd think since it's such a serious board, there'd be all kinds of new posts.  I sign on, after not being on all day, and just see like 1 reply and no new posts on here.  Oh well, I'll post something up to see if it gets any convo. sparked!

for the simple fact most young people arn't concerned about politics and what is going on in the world

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2004, 09:51:32 AM »
or because of the past most people consider it a warzone

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2004, 09:54:22 AM »
This section used to move really fast...

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2004, 10:11:12 AM »
Crazy! I was just on that ride like 2 weeks ago... It's a really fun one! I don't think I need excitment like that to feel pleasure, but it sure is fun!

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2004, 02:04:10 PM »
I personnally get a satisfaction riding rollercoasters.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 02:06:50 PM by GoodLuvn169 »

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2004, 02:21:18 PM »

lol hell yea....gotten hella quiet tho, a lil too quiet perhaps....may explode any day now....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Doggystylin

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2004, 09:31:20 PM »

lol hell yea....gotten hella quiet tho, a lil too quiet perhaps....may explode any day now....

naw....people are worn out....like fuck it, let those idiots in there battle amongst themselves and ill take a look every once in a while.

hector

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2004, 02:25:44 AM »
damn sucks for that lady.  I like rollercoasters, I think they are a lot of fun, the crazier the better, its a good rush.  Its been awhile since I been on one.

as for the part about people not posting on here:

I just ain't really into politcs or world events too much.  its not like its really boring to me, and I'm not ignorant, I just don't feel they affect me.  There is a lot of other things I'd rather learn about or do with my time.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2004, 01:00:18 PM »