Author Topic: Tech N9ne - Anghellic  (Read 925 times)

That_Cracka_J

Tech N9ne - Anghellic
« on: June 06, 2002, 03:27:16 PM »
Tech N9ne – Anghellic

1. Hellevator…intro
2. Tormented…A very unique song.  Hardcore beat with a touch of metal in it.  Tech N9ne rhymes the first AND last word of each line.  The way he pronounces the first word of each sentence is a perfect match for the song.  5/5
3. Stamina…interlude
4. Sinister Tech…The beat sounds like it’s being played backwards.  Amazing flow.  Tight hook.  4/5
5. Psycho messages…interlude
6. Psycho bitch…Nice production mixed with the “Halloween” theme song.  Rapid fire lyrics about scandalous women.  3.5/5
7. Real killer…A song about abortion.  Sick flow and lyrics.  4/5
8. Cursed…Song starts out with a piano and a soft flowing N9ne, then the bass comes in and he sets it off yet again with a dope flow.  4/5
9. Suicide letters…A deep emotional song.  Not a dark feel to the track like most of the album has, however the beat fits the content of the song perfectly.  4.5/5
10.   Purgatory…interlude
11.   It’s alive…Several different beats and flows were used here, including an interpolation of “It’s funky enough” by D.O.C.  Nice display of Tech’s ability to speed up and slow down his delivery, depending on the production.  4/5
12.   Einstein…Head noddin’ beat.  Tech flows his ass off.  4.5/5
13.   P.R. 2K1…I liked the first Planet Rock better.  The beat has a down south party feel to it.  He still puts down a nice flow.  3/5
14.   Here I come…I love the beginning to this song and the way the classical beat fades right into the hard hitting bassline.  Tight lyrics.  3.5/5
15.   Who you came to see…Laidback beat.  Tech slows his flow up a bit and puts down a tight flow over A+ production.  Nice chorus.  4.5/5
16.   Wake up call…interlude
17.   This ring…An outstanding track about family and fortune.  Amazing flow and content.  5/5
18.   God complex…Unique beat.  Tight ass flow.  Dope chorus.  4/5
19.   This life (Anghellic)…Softer production.  Nice hook.  Guest artists appear on this song, so Tech only has one verse.  Solid track.  3.5/5
20.   Going bad…Dope flow and quality production.  Catchy hook.  4.5/5
21.   Heaven…interlude
22.   Twisted…Features Roger Troutman.  Totally different production from the rest of the album.  It doesn’t really fit into the album, but it is a nice addition.  Flowin’ ass Tech N9ne verses.  4/5

OVERALL…9/10

This is an amazing album from Tech N9ne.  Highly under-rated and slept on.  Tech’s flow is so different.  He speeds up his lyrics, slows them down, changes pitch and changes the sound of his voice all in the same line.  The A+ Production fits his flow perfectly.  Very consistent CD with high replay value.  A personal album for Tech.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

That_Cracka_J

Re: Tech N9ne - Anghellic
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2002, 07:08:29 PM »
Has anybody heard this album?

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2002, 07:55:34 PM »
;D Hell yeah homie, I got this album.

I've liked Tecca Nina ever since I heard "Questions" on the Gang Related Soundtrack. I went out and bought his two previous albums.

The Calm Before the Storm
The Worst

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
those 2 albums are worth getting if u can find them. I heard that they are hella rare now.

Anghellic was good too. Don Juan production is smooth and perfect for Tech but I recently heard that they both got beef now.

Look out for Tech's new album "Absolute Power" later this year.

But yeah Techn9ne is way tight

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2002, 08:31:42 AM »
Hell yeah...I was wondering if anybody else in here listened to him....I heard he came out with another CD recentley with his group called Dog Villians or somethin' like that.  I haven't been able to find it though.

Dope Money Clean

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2002, 11:37:23 PM »

"ITS ALIVE"   .............  that song is my  shit.  

Bananas!

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2002, 05:43:10 PM »
8)

GrewSum

• 'G'
  • 70 Mile Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2002, 10:52:27 AM »
57th street rogue dog villians is the group your referring to, from what i heard on that album its nice as hell, but tech's not on every track, only on a few.......

if yall are interested, sum of those tracks featuring Tech are:

Give Us What We Need:
tech rips the shit outa the first verse on this track tellin a lil story about robbin sum people...The RDV's come hot as hell the rest of this track, definatly better than most of their lyrics......

HOT SHYT  - Tech N9ne - "so imma be the first mothafucka, to dispurse mothafuckas, and hurt mothers, bringin that rukus, to the suckas, that tech rappin done played out, warner brothers aint payed out, bout to go the gun and blade route, leavin mothafuckas layed out"

HOOK - "give us what we need nigga, came ta get that cheeze nigga, fuck wit theze rdv's nigga, now you juz can't leave nigga"

RATING - 4/5

-----------------------------------------------------

Praise The Lord and Pass The Ammunition:
Short Nitty comes in second on this song, this guy has got skills, too bad that he had to go and fondle his 9 yr. old daughters friend (he is currently in prison for a very long time, and considered dead by the RDV's and Tech). This song is about 4 minutes long, no hook, but when u listen to it it seems like no time has passed, very well done....

HOT SHYT - Nitty - "my metamorphisis is more than juz me trasformin this into sum ungodly source i yell out war for this"
HOT SHYT - Tech - "in the name of the father, my saga, continues to bother, mothafuckas so i bomb on em cuz their hands were at pearl harbor"

HOOK - this song doesnt have one, but it doesnt take much away from the flow of it......

RATING - 4/5

----------------------------------------------------------

Let's Get Fucked Up:
this song is really unique due to the fact that everybody is using the same kind of flow throughout the song, even on the hook.......perfect party song, i've been high and drunk to this more times than i can count......

HOT SHYT - Tech N9ne - "give me one five one, with that pineapple i'm straight, plus that malibu rum, got these hoes and i can't wait, biancs make me cum, and they know what i do, get yall straight stuck, get em all off caribu lu, so i can fuck"

HOOK - "let's get fucked up, let's get high let's get drunk, let's get fucked up, we got that weed that aint no punk, let's get fucked up, lets get high lets get drunk, lets get fucked up, pumpin highlandaz in the trunk, lets get fucked up"

RATING - 3.5/5

-------------------------------------------------------

6souls

• Lil Geezy
  • High Priest of BD
Re:Tech N9ne - Anghellic
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2002, 01:58:56 AM »
I love that shit, but JCOR really fucked him over.