Author Topic: BTNH Resurrection  (Read 3568 times)

Sikotic™

BTNH Resurrection
« on: April 14, 2001, 06:16:42 AM »
BTNHResurrection[/u][/color]

This is the latest album from the Rap quartet, bone thugs-N-Harmony. It was good to hear from them after a two year absence but the album was a huge dissapointment. It is as if the group has grown apart and changed. Hopefully their next album which is rumored to be called Thug World Order[/b] will be a 180 degree turn from this most recent record.

1. Show 'Em - This is a nice intro where Bizzy answers the question about Bone Thugs breaking up. This song has a nice beat that goes well with Bone's flow. Although there is nothing special that stands out with this song.
Rating: 3.5 out of 5

2. The Righteous Ones - This song starts off with the female R&B group David's Daughters singing the hook. There angelic voices blend in perfectly with the dark party beat. To me this is a great song that brings back the memories of Bone in the past.
Rating: 4 out of 5

3. 2 Glocks - This song is one of the downfalls in the album. The beat is weak which already dooms the song from the start. Then the Bones flow just sound tired and lazy. They should of came off ruff with this song. Flesh livens up the song but it isn't enough.
Rating: 2.5 out of 5

4. Battlezone - Right off the bat I must say this song is incredible. Bone come correct with their flow and delivery. Every member puts down a tight verse. This track definitely dsaves the entire first half of the album from disaster.
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

5. Ecstasy - This song slows things down a bit. The beat is nice and Bone raps/sings well. On this track each Bone member tells their story of how Exstasy affected them. Overall this is one of the rare decent tracks.

6. Murder One - One this song Bizzy does the hook with precision. This is a track I can bare listening through but not a high point in the album.
Rating: 3 out of 5

7. Souljahs Marching - This song starts off slow but blows up to a great, fast paced with a millitary feel to it.

8. Servin' tha Fiends - Every member comes correct on this one but Bizzy outshines the other members with his great verse in the beginning of this track. I was really feeling the beat to this song also. Flesh makes once again another apearence on this track but makes no impact.

9. Resurrection (Paper, Paper) - This song has a nice peaceful tune. This has a touch of R&B in it. A very relaxing song which you can enjoy.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

Re: BTNH Resurrection
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2001, 06:17:03 AM »
10. Can't Give It Up - This maybe one of the best tracks on this album. Krayzie's verse had a impact on the whole song in general. As usual Bizzy sings the chorus beautifully along with Layzie. Wish brings a rough edge to the track with his verse which fits in.
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

11. Weed Song - Now this song should anger Bone Fans. It is, without a shadow of a doubt the sorriest Bone Thugs song ever. It is way too slow and does not fit there style. This should have not been released on this album. The whole album was getting better with each song but then this messed up the whole albums flow.
Rating: 2 out of 5 (and I'm being generous)

12. Change the World - This track is something I don't think Bone tried before. Fortunately, it was successful. Big B, who is signed to Bizzy's 7th Sign label, really makes this song special with the way he sings the hook. Wish's verse stands out on this track too.

13. Don't Worry - All I can say is "What were they thinking?" Although this is much better than "Weed Song" it is another experimental song that went wrong. One good point about this track is the positive message. Other than that it does nothing but spoil the already tarnished record.
Rating: 2.5 out of 5

14. Mind On Our Money - This is a decent track. Much better than the previous song. Krayzie and Layzie do a great job with their verses.

15. No Way Out - Things are looking up with this track. This is another one of the few highlight songs on this album. The R&B feel to it makes Bizzy vocals sound that much better. All of Bone have nice verses and hooks. This song builds up for this album to go out with a bang.

16. One Night Stand **BONUS TRACK**- This song from the first second you hear it you know its gonna be something special beat-wise. Bizzy definitely makes the save for this album by making this extra song. The hook, the verses are unbelievable. The sad thing is that it is a strictly Bizzy Bone song with no other Bone members. I personally think this track is what saved this entire album.
Rating: 5 out of 5

I don't know what happened on this album. It was a big letdown. I was anticipating a comback with this album. Wasn't that the entire theme of the record, "Bone Thug didn't break up, They are better than ever". I am sorry to say that the theme was not backed up to the proper extent. You are able to listen to this album and enjoy it for a little while. Then it quickly gets boring and you will move on to the next album. And if that ain't the truth then you can PROVE ME WRONG!

Overall Rating: 5.5 out of 10
----------------------------------------------------
Please tell me if I made any mistakes or if you disagree on a point I made. Comments would be apreciated.
Thankyou

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2001, 02:33:43 AM »
i dont know about ya'all , but i liked that album, i thought it was hot, well of course there are the bad songs but the good ones make up for the bad ones
GOOD ONES
1. Can't give it up (great one)
2.battlezone ( grat bone track ,, bizzy goes CrayZie)
3.servin' the fiends
4.one night stand
5.mind on our money
6.paper paper
7.rightueos ones
8.no way out

BAD ONES
1.Weed song (horrible)
2.Change the world (wasnt feellin it)
3.dont worry  
4.murder one
5.souljas marching

[glow=color,strength,width]Atention[/glow] + can anyone tell me why bone has 2pac wriiten on the cover on the sand??[

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2001, 04:00:36 AM »
Yeah I know that is kind of strange. Either they put it there or someone was so damn bored that they looked for it.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Joachim

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2001, 05:51:15 PM »
Damn i was feelin Battlezone, crazy beat and the first verse is hella tight, Bizzy rips it on this album, he really shines.

Peace

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2001, 10:46:05 PM »
If it wasn't for Bizzy that album would be complete shit.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2001, 10:59:43 PM »
Damn!! >:( were the only ones postin in this forum.... we need to get more peeps up in here Assassin...,

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2001, 11:22:22 PM »
Yeah we should get more people to post reviews too.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

R-CEE

• 'G'
  • dirty south affiliate
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2001, 04:55:33 PM »
this albulm really sucks,,,the only ones i kind of like(tolerate)
WEED SONG
dont worry-best on the albulm
change the world
mind on money,,,,beat from their first albulm
ecstasy-horrible lyrics,,,catchy harmony an music
poor albulm,,,,they should all jus work as studio singers,,like backup vocals for other people.
dont make me pop a slug in this bitch
u fuckin with some dirty south affiliates

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2001, 08:35:46 PM »
I don't think they should be back up singers, they just need to stop trying all that new and slow shit cause it ain't working. They need to stick to those hardcore or R&B beats that made them so famous. All this experimantal stuff isn't gonna work.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

R-CEE

• 'G'
  • dirty south affiliate
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2001, 01:40:48 PM »
i was joking about that,,,but i likied the slow songs on that albulm better than their others,,face it,,they r living the good life,,behind gates,,chillin,,plus they smokin that shit :o

Smooth

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2001, 01:52:13 AM »
i think this CD was aight... nothing special... maybe a 6.5 outta 10

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

R-CEE

• 'G'
  • dirty south affiliate
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2001, 05:14:40 PM »
it was thier fault,,,,it gets washed away,,,away?where
pac should have never been cool with them,,,think about it

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2001, 03:29:28 PM »
I dont think this album is as bad as yall are making it out to be. True, it wasnt as good as their mastepieces E.1999 Eternal or Art Of War, but his is still a solid effort. Flesh DOMINATED this album. I think he outshined the rest of Bone here. The main problem with the album is the chemistry. It feels like they didnt make all the songs together, and harmony was lost. But 5.5/10 is a little harsh. I give it a 7/10.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2001, 09:46:22 PM »
Yeah you can tell they aren't in "harmony" as much as they used too. I still listen to this album often. Nuthin compared to their older albums for sure.

THA SAUCE HOUSE