Author Topic: The borrower is slave to the Lender  (Read 389 times)

Trauma-san

Re:The borrower is slave to the Lender
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2004, 07:49:55 PM »
Very true.. Have said this before, but I never borrow money.

I have one credit card and one debit card.   I pay my credit card bill off in full every month. I use it for convenience rather than as 'credit'.. I have the money..  See.. I pay for little things on either, coz it really doesn't matter.. depending how money is going i use the credit or the debit.. all a credit card is to me is a debit card with a 1 month time delay :)

an example.. a few weeks ago my car broke.. i had to pay out roughly two payments of $400 each for that.
1 went on debit, so it came right out, the other went on credit, i'll pay that in a month..
it ends up that my monthly bill is always about the same anyways because I spread the load as best as possible.

or maybe i'll wait to buy something until it would come out of the next months credit..

I figure the 'real' credit is there for if I * really * need it then.. but i've never had to yet.

I also have a chunk of 'security' cash saved... I get a bonus.. where does it go? right on that pile..  unless i've been saving for something.. i want something?.. i just go get it :)

i look at some of my friends and i think its stupid how all they do every month is piss their money up the wall (basically spend it all on drink..)  run out of money 2 weeks into the month, end up borrowing, and eventually end up with nothing.. then moan about being broke for the last 2 weeks.. the debts they ran up they have to pay when they get paid, and they're back to square one... round and round they go and they dont learn.. lifes about progression right? how u gonna progress if you aint moving forwards?

the thing about being 'free' is so true... i have minimal bills each month, because all i have is running living costs. and you know whats crazy, being 'free' means you can save faster..

if it came to it if i lost or quit my job, and live my life as is with just my minimal bills and cut back to virtually no extras i could manage easily for over 6 months while looking for something else, or just chilling.. thats pretty free..

they keep freaking about consumer debt being at an all time high here too.

plus... how stupid is it to borrow.. you end up paying a lot more for the same thing!.. Duh!!

"the borrower is slave to the lender" (Proverbs 22:7)

:)

btw.. haven't you heard.. the rich people are the ones careful with their money ;)

Exactly, 100%.  You're farther ahead than most people are financially.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2004, 07:52:20 PM »
build up credit for what?   i dont need it..  

i have 5k ($10k) credit on that one card...  so... ?

yes i know your credit rating is better the more in debt you are (as longs you dont fall behind) but thats the trap!

if i *need* to borrow, then i will.. i dont, so i wont..

?

Exactly.  Your credit is great.  Don't listen to him, you don't need to incur a shitload of debt to buy a house.  As a matter of fact, you don't need to incur much debt at all, actually purchasing it.  You don't NEED a credit record with you owing people all kinds of fucking money.  That's bullshit.  Of course, I oughta watch what I say, it may be different over there, but money's pretty universal.  You can easily buy a house in America with no credit, and you don't have any bad credit, so you're in great shape.  I'd save at least 20% downpayment, though, because then you don't have to pay Private Mortgage Insurance, which can run about 70 bucks a month per hundred thousand.  

smerlus

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2004, 09:15:14 PM »
build up credit for what?   i dont need it..  

i have 5k ($10k) credit on that one card...  so... ?

yes i know your credit rating is better the more in debt you are (as longs you dont fall behind) but thats the trap!

if i *need* to borrow, then i will.. i dont, so i wont..

?

No credit/bad credit good luck buying a house  ;)

another god thing about the Navy, i'm gauranteed to qualifu for a $150,000 loan
 ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2004, 09:16:48 PM »
^ there are MANNNNNY good things about the Navy.  Sounds like you have a nice little setup there, that's cool.  

JTSimon

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2004, 06:23:35 AM »
lol Trauma  ;D your house probably cost you $50,000 in Carolina.

;)

Don Seer

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2004, 07:09:13 AM »
lol..  man i wish houses were that price here.. haha

right now where i live you can expect to pay over $200,000 for a small 2 bed room house (1 double room, 1 single room)... shits nuts..

JTSimon

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2004, 09:03:23 AM »
March 13, 2004

The median housing price in San Diego County set another record last month at $406,000, as resale houses shot up 23 percent from a year earlier, locally based DataQuick Information Systems reported yesterday.

Overall prices were up 13.7 percent from February 2003, when the median home in the county cost $357,000. Sales totaled 3,927, up 5.4 percent from February 2003, and the highest February on record.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/business/20040313-9999-news_1b13housing.html

Shoot me  :P

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2004, 09:12:52 AM »
nuts.. what kind of property is a 'median house' ?

i live in a lil country town... not a city..

« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 09:13:18 AM by Overseer »

JTSimon

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2004, 09:43:24 AM »
nuts.. what kind of property is a 'median house' ?

i live in a lil country town... not a city..

Overseer you don't know the defnition of median? Remember median, mean, mode?

The property they are talking about are single family homes 3-5 Bedrooms/2 story home in most cases.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 09:44:13 AM by Poppadopalis »

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2004, 10:12:16 AM »
yea i guessed that, i figured it meant kinda average...

whats the base entry price for property there?e

the 'average' here is up around $320,000 right now... its stupid...

houses used to be worth half what they are now 10 years ago.

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2004, 01:48:26 PM »
Things are much different here.  Idiots like the bitch that posted above don't know shit about North Carolina, but it has a great mix of rural and urban areas (like any state).  I live in Charlotte, one of the largest cities in America, so of course land prices are much more expensive there... if you get out a few miles from the city, though, the prices drop dramatically.  You can't go by 'average home price' because in Charlotte, you can get a decent 3 bedroom ranch style home on a third of an acre in a nice neighborhood for about 120,000.  You can also buy a 1 bedroom loft downtown for 3 million dollars.  So averages don't help much in real estate.  

Don Seer

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2004, 02:42:51 PM »
only $120k? jeez...  i wish!!

i would have trouble getting a flat (ya'll call em apartments right?) for that here.. anywheres...

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2004, 07:13:38 PM »
Good post & quote Trauma. In my opinion, Proverbs is the best part of the Bible to read besides The Psalms Of David. Those are the most applicable lessons throughout all times in the Bible.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

JTSimon

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2004, 07:16:33 PM »
http://www.dqnews.com/ZIPSDUT.shtm

The farther you are from water(east)...the cheaper it gets.

lol Head Trauma/Overseer don't know what a median is ;D

MAX TEACHES MATH

$100,000
$50,000
$50,000
$15,000
[[[[$15,000]]]] Median
$15,000
$15,000
$9,000
$9,000

Ok that 9 house prices in descending order.
So the one halfway down the list, the fifth value, is $15,000. That's the median. If the median is between two numbers calculate the average. So its not really the average its the most occurrence.

Class dismissed
 ;D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 07:41:56 PM by Poppadopalis »

Trauma-san

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2004, 10:32:29 PM »
I know full well what a median is, dumbass.  O stated the 'average' around him, and I said the average doesn't really mean much, and gave some figures locally.  There will NEVER, EVER be a day when a piece of shit like you can teach me anything.  

the 'average' here is up around $320,000 right now... its stupid...