Author Topic: Atheists please read.....Islam's compliance with Science  (Read 429 times)

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
Re:Atheists please read.....Islam's compliance with Science
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2004, 06:27:20 AM »
Well I read this thing and I don't feel uncomfortable in any way by this bullshit.

'It is written in the Bible/Qu'ran that...'

Well that's why I allways take a piece of paper with me that reads 'God does not exist.'
Whenever a believer says it's the way it's described in the Bible or whatever holy book because that's how it's written, I say 'well,that's curious.....look what's written here...'

You'd say you religious people are somehow obsessed by 'proving' how 'true' your views are. Can't just accept other people don't neccesarily believe the same things as you or do you have to prove it to yourself time and time again?

'You reject thousands of Gods and I only one...and you call me the blasphemist?'

What would make your God any different from those gods you call fictional?

Think about those things when you're praying.

Have a good time. :-*

Because my God (Allah) is the highest power, most high (Al-Ali), the creator (Al-Khaliq) and sustainer of the Universe and everything in it.  As decreed in Al-Qu'ran Surah (Chapter) Ihklas:

"Say, He is Allah
The One and Only
Allah the Eternal Absolute
He begeteth not
Nor is He Begotten
And there is no like unto him"

Do I have to be impressed by that?

'You know who I find such an asshole too? ALLAH!', to quote one of my favorite comedians.

Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2004, 06:29:18 AM »
Oh and you still haven't answered why your God is different from the ones you reject. What makes him the only one truly existing?(In your view of course)

infinite59

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2004, 11:12:25 AM »
Oh and you still haven't answered why your God is different from the ones you reject. What makes him the only one truly existing?(In your view of course)

I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought I had explained that Muslims worship the creator of the universe, and what is more deserving of our worship and praise than the Creator and Sustainer of all things?  

The reason that Allah is unique and different is that Allah is Al-Muhyi, the giver of life, the creator of all things.  

The false god's that Muslims, Jews and Christians reject are idols.  Some people worship the sun, the moon, the stars (horoscopes).   What you live for is what you worship.  Some people live for money and make money their God.  Some live for women, they will do anything to get women, women become their God.  Muslims, Christians, and Jews reject these false gods and idols.  In the days before Muhammad there was an idol in the Kabahh for almost every day of the year.  Muhammad destroyed all the idols and by the time of his death nearly all of Arabia congregated (Hajj at the Kabahh) saying "La Illaha Illah La" There is no diety worthy of worship but God, and God is one.  

Also, some Christians, who go against their own ten commandments, ascribe partners to God.  They call Jesus the son of God.  Some even call Jesus a God.  This is a lie, Jesus was a prophet who taught his followers to worship the One Supreme Creator.  Muslims reject the concept of any man being God, or an associate to God.  

« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 11:18:57 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

Woodrow

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2004, 06:48:49 PM »
Can't just accept other people don't neccesarily believe the same things as you or do you have to prove it to yourself time and time again?

Because my God (Allah) is the highest power, most high (Al-Ali), the creator (Al-Khaliq) and sustainer of the Universe and everything in it.  As decreed in Al-Qu'ran Surah (Chapter) Ihklas:

"Say, He is Allah
The One and Only
Allah the Eternal Absolute
He begeteth not
Nor is He Begotten
And there is no like unto him"

Guess not...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 10:15:54 PM by Krayze-Eyez Killah »

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2004, 09:26:45 PM »
The problem with arguing religion is that eventually there is a leap of faith.  You can't prove it, it's that way by design.  The thing that always gets me though, is that others don't even believe in *ANY* God.  It just amazes me that they don't see an explanation for the millions of things I attribute to god each day.  I had a friend like that one time.  I wasn't even raised religiously, and in high school, I went through a time where I questioned god's existance.  After tons of pondering, I came to the same conclusion that your average faithful person takes for granted: God exists.  

I see thousands, THOUSANDS of things a day that remind me God exists.  In my front yard, I have a Japanese Pear tree, and a few weeks ago, it rained really hard one weekend.  I walked outside the next morning, and the pear tree was in full bloom, tons of little flowers in it, that happened overnight.  To me, that's a beautiful, beautiful thing that's obviously touched by God.  Yall say "It's in the D.N.A. of the plant"... but a religious person says "Of Course! And God provided the D.N.A."    You guys say "The World Began with a Big Bang", and us religous folks say "Yeah, probably... isn't that amazing how God could make all of this out of an explosion?"

It's just 2 different mindsets.  People think differently.  Personally, I truly, truly think those that have a faithful, spiritual sense in life have a FAR better experience than those that don't.  In other words, you're the one missing out, not me!  

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2004, 03:30:14 AM »
Seeing the hand of God in everything seems more like an inability to find a provable explanation.
Do you think I'm never amazed by beautiful things in the world? Of course I am. But I don't see the hand of God,I see the power of nature,the resilience of human beings and the quirks of chance and coincedence.

To me God is a way for people to find an explanation for such things because they can't believe (perhaps not the right word here) that such things could happen on their own,without being directed by an invisible power.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2004, 06:59:46 AM »
Personally, I truly, truly think those that have a faithful, spiritual sense in life have a FAR better experience than those that don't.  In other words, you're the one missing out, not me!  

Somehow you remind me of the guy in momento you know that movie, if you dont, rent it...
you just |need| something like god to make youre life better, to not miss out. And you already know that subconsciously.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2004, 12:15:08 PM »
god didnt write the book, a man did. its an encylopedia of knowledge and forthright views.  you cant dispute the fact that islam was 'invented' and written -by a man- in the middle of known history.

in the same way the bible is a merger of the old testament the jews also hold dear, and the new testment, that only christians follow.

its well documented that advanced medical techiques have been in the midde (and far) east for a long time before 'western' medicine.

islam and christianity and judaism ALL have roots in the vedic texts.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 02:35:40 AM by Overseer »