Author Topic: howard stern off the air?!!?  (Read 306 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
howard stern off the air?!!?
« on: April 12, 2004, 01:33:55 PM »
yea im pretty pissed, i dont exactly know the whole storry if anyone can tell me, but i fuckin love that show, i dont listenin to radio, (no time), but i watched it every night on E

Montana00

Re:howard stern off the air?!!?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 02:54:51 PM »
i dont feel like explaining it, actually i just found out too

here read for yourself

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/News/02/25/stern.suspension/

Loganism

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 02:59:04 PM »
yea im pretty pissed, i dont exactly know the whole storry if anyone can tell me, but i fuckin love that show, i dont listenin to radio, (no time), but i watched it every night on E

well basically its conservative republicans taking away our rights, freedom of speech, etc one at a time.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 03:29:27 PM »
its been off the air for weeks I didnt know the E show was done too :'(

-KIDRENEGADE-

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 04:36:21 PM »
Old news...Only some of the stations he was aired on (those owned by clear channel) took his show off the air...His show still airs on a lot of radio stations all around America...He was talking about moving his show to XM Radio and Silus...That shit would be dope, but I doubt if it'll ever happen...PeACe

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 04:40:16 PM »
this is fuckin bullshit, how they say we got freedom of speech and do this bullshit... weres traumas bitch ass at to defend this BS country...his shit was edited left and right, and still faggets wana contol the media

Montana00

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 04:58:53 PM »
he wont move to satellite radio.

satellite radio isnt popular enough.

JTSimon

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 09:05:08 PM »
Old news...basically its backlash from the Janet Jackson incident.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 09:05:33 PM by H-Unit »

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 09:44:07 PM »
I really, REALLY get tired of explaining shit to you fucking children.  Keep my name the fuck out of your mouth.  

Maybe, in your immoral don't give a fuck because I'm only 12 and just discovered my pee pee feels good when I touch it world, it's alright for every thought of every moment to have something to do with sex, but in ADULT america, where people are actually MATURE and complicated individuals; Howard Stern doesn't really bring much to the table.  His show airs during the day, and for years, he's allowed whatever the fuck he wants to air, on live radio, with the show fully available to children, whom, in an ADULT world, in a MORAL family situation, don't need to hear that shit.  

YOU SIMPLY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE CONSTITUTION.  It does not guarantee the right to say whatever you want with no responsibility to your actions.  

YOU ALSO DONT UNDERSTAND A FREE MARKET CAPITALIST SOCIETY.  If i'm clearchannel communications, I can ban Howard Stern from my show IF I DONT LIKE THE WAY HE LOOKS.  Fuck what he says, they can drop him for ANY FUCKING REASON.  You're too fucking ignorant to know that.  

1st ammendment rights? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  GROW THE FUCK UP.  Study the shit.  Then come back when you have a third of the knowledge a normal adult has.  Maybe we'll argue.  Until then, this is just another example of me having to teach the children, because your parents did such a shitty job of it.  

smerlus

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2004, 09:50:10 PM »
this is fuckin bullshit, how they say we got freedom of speech and do this bullshit... weres traumas bitch ass at to defend this BS country...his shit was edited left and right, and still faggets wana contol the media

my friend and i debated this the other day...he said that this is the beginning of the government taking away our freedoms... I say it's just radio catching up with the times...look at every other media outlet we have; TV, CD's, DVD's, VHS, Magazines, Videogames, Movie theaters and the internet. each one of these mediums has measures to keep children from being exposed to negative images/messages... TV has ratings and parental locks, CD's have parental advisories, DVD's and VHS have ratings, Magazines are placed higher and are usually encased in bags, Videogames have ratings, movie theater have ratings and internet has parental locks...whether or not it actually prevents kids from buying/watching isn't the arguement. now what's to stop a 12 year old from turning on the radio and hearin any of the stuff that goes on? absolutely nothing. that's why you have 11 year old girls saying they want to be a dirty girl or whatever that gay ass song is...i'm sure if radio finds away to lock/control who can listen to it, everything will go back to normal, until then radio has to catch up with the times

smerlus

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2004, 10:04:34 PM »
and you're right, we're slowly losing our freedom of speech....two years ago i remember hearing the word bitch and pussy all the time on basic cable  ::)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 10:05:37 PM by smerlus »

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2004, 05:50:56 AM »
^ Yup.  And I wanna have the freedom to go around and tell children drugs are good; and I wanna have the freedom to yell Fire in a crowded theatre.  I want to go to hospital wards and talk families into unplugging their premature infant's life support.  I want the freedom, DAMN IT! to tell elderly people I'm a credit card company on the phone, and ask them to send me money to pay past bills they don't own.  I want the freedom to lie to a judge.  I want the freedom to testify against people I've never met, and I want the freedom to have my words influence criminal trials and sentence individuals to a lifetime in prison, or worse yet, the death penalty.  I want the freedom, you SON OF A BITCHES,  to cuss you out to your fucking face, without a single hope of retaliation.  I want to be able to tell you your wife cheated on you, with me, and not have to worry about what's going to happen.  I want the Freedom, last and in closure, to listen to Rush Limbaugh, say I'm a conservative, and support conservative ideals, without being considered a Nazi.  We're talking about Freedom, right?  Freedom of speech is all encompassing, correct?  You have no responsibilities for what you say, isn't that what you're saying?  

After all, it's only words.