Author Topic: To All The Linkin Park Haters...  (Read 462 times)

West C. Connected

Re:To All The Linkin Park Haters...
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2004, 11:11:14 AM »
That DJ is the dopest, he's funny as fuck. ;D

...Plus he's Asian. :-X (*Is going to get insulted again just for saying that)

Don Breezio

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2004, 11:27:53 AM »
"with your lack of skill and versility your killin me/
and a DJ in the group just for credibility/"

Talk about contradicting yourself.

dude like half of linkin parks shit is the work of their dj...if you listen to their stuff theres always scratching or sampling or something in the background...on every album they have atleast 1 track just by him...at every concert they give him like a 5 minute solo...the guy is probably the 2nd best part of the group behind mike shinoda.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2004, 03:11:43 PM »
i really didn't like them at first but when i went to see metallica in concert last summer , they opened for them and they were fucking tight....so now, i really like them

and chester CAN sing...you got to be an idiot to say he can't , just listen to numb or live in TX dude has pipes

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Breezio

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2004, 03:20:56 PM »
i really didn't like them at first but when i went to see metallica in concert last summer , they opened for them and they were fucking tight....so now, i really like them

and chester CAN sing...you got to be an idiot to say he can't , just listen to numb or live in TX dude has pipes

yep...i went to the meteora tour a couple months ago and they were there w/ p.o.d., hoobastank, & story of the year...i always thought chester could sing really well but you don't get even close to as much of an idea till you've seen him do it live...Live In TX is a dope ass cd too...i listen to that more than any of my other LP cds probably.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2004, 11:07:42 AM »

dude like half of linkin parks shit is the work of their dj...if you listen to their stuff theres always scratching or sampling or something in the background...on every album they have atleast 1 track just by him...at every concert they give him like a 5 minute solo...the guy is probably the 2nd best part of the group behind mike shinoda.

Yeah exactly. The only reason they have a DJ is to try and get some hiphop credibility by having all that stuff in there songs.

chronic01

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • StR8 Westcoast
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2004, 12:03:21 PM »
i cant stand them because i hate the screaming type of shit. i'd give them a chance but its just not my music because of the screaming and shit

Don Breezio

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2004, 12:48:04 PM »

Yeah exactly. The only reason they have a DJ is to try and get some hiphop credibility by having all that stuff in there songs.

lol you need to listen to more linkin park man...the main reason that (I) consider them partly hip hop is because of mike shinoda

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2004, 03:16:12 PM »
Like I said in my first post, I had their first album and it was horrible, One Step Closer was the only decent track on the whole album. Mike Shinoda is ok, but he's just a rapper in a rock group, not the leader of some brilliant rock/hiphop hybrid. The blonde dude who sings is awful, I can't stand his voice at all, and he for me ruins any chance of the group making a consistantly dope album. The DJ is pretty tight, I'm not saying that he isn't, but I feel the whole group is trying to pretend to be something they really aren't to make themselves appeal to a larger audience. They have been very cleverly marketed, which I think gives the perception that they put more thought into their output they most other similar bands. When I hear them talking in interviews they do say some thoughful and cleaver stuff, but when you listen to their actual songs you wonder if its the same people that you heard speaking in the interview.

I only hold them in slightly higher esteem than the group i'm guessing that DJ line was aimed at (Limp Bizkit), and that is not very high at all.

Don Breezio

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2004, 10:12:32 PM »
see if you've only heard their first album then you havent heard any of what i would consider hip hop...mr. hahn didn't have nearly as much to do on their first album as he did on reanimation & meteora...i can gauruntee you'd like reanimation...its nothing but hip hop...all those guests i mentioned earlier...came from that 1 album...those lines i mentioned earlier were all from straight hip hop songs that dropped before hybrid theory (it was from the hybrid theory EP) and also the song w/ the x-ecutioners.

i dont think they have anything to do with marketing...yeah one step closer came out and it blew but they've had fans since long before that (including myself)...i'd say 90% of their fanbase is people who don't give a flying fuck how popular they are or how well marketed they are...its people who enjoy their music straight up...i hate most things that are popular...i'll admit it im a hater. but i love linkin park and unless they start making wack ass tracks and becoming the snoop dogg of rock then i'll still love them until i die.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2004, 10:31:59 PM »
Like I said in my first post, I had their first album and it was horrible, One Step Closer was the only decent track on the whole album. Mike Shinoda is ok, but he's just a rapper in a rock group, not the leader of some brilliant rock/hiphop hybrid. The blonde dude who sings is awful, I can't stand his voice at all, and he for me ruins any chance of the group making a consistantly dope album. The DJ is pretty tight, I'm not saying that he isn't, but I feel the whole group is trying to pretend to be something they really aren't to make themselves appeal to a larger audience. They have been very cleverly marketed, which I think gives the perception that they put more thought into their output they most other similar bands. When I hear them talking in interviews they do say some thoughful and cleaver stuff, but when you listen to their actual songs you wonder if its the same people that you heard speaking in the interview.

I only hold them in slightly higher esteem than the group i'm guessing that DJ line was aimed at (Limp Bizkit), and that is not very high at all.

i love how you insist on saying chester can't sing, yet have a picture of Pharoe Monch in your avatar....LMAO dude is an octave away from being biz Marky

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2004, 01:16:31 PM »
I don't think Pharoahe is dope cause of his singing voice man, thankfully he doesn't use it too often.

Oh, and I still think Chester can't sing.

And Luke I've heard most of reanimation, I like I said before I'm only really feeling some tracks from that cause of the guest emcees, it doesn't really have anything to do with Linkin Park themselves. I'll admit that I haven't checked their latest album, but the first single sounded like stuff from their first album, so I don't really see the point of following it up, when I could be buying/downloading some dope hiphop with the same money/time.

Don Breezio

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2004, 07:00:37 PM »
i think you're blinded by the amount of units they move  ;)