Author Topic: William Hung's Sales Figures Are Nothing To Laugh At  (Read 290 times)

JTSimon

William Hung's Sales Figures Are Nothing To Laugh At
« on: April 13, 2004, 08:48:23 AM »
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1486330/20040412/index.jhtml?headlines=true

Code: [Select]
Not Usher numbers — more in line with recent releases from Courtney Love, Drag-On and Hoobastank — but impressive considering that Hung, by most accounts, can't sing.
 ;D

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-Unit
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 08:50:42 AM by Poppadopalis »

West C. Connected

Re:William Hung's Sales Figures Are Nothing To Laugh At
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 09:38:07 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 10:19:30 AM »
LMAO, they said the Dodgers are 4-0 when they play it before their games, and they are 4-2 when they don't play it. They said "She bangs" is their victory song.

I listened to this shit, and it's funny sometimes but sometimes it's just like damn, this shit is impossible to listen to.

hector

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 02:39:04 PM »
wow, this is a perfect example of how dumb people in america are.

bez

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 02:58:22 PM »
lool

JTSimon

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 08:28:51 PM »

Click on the link and read the article smartguy  ;)

Just in
39. William Hung- Inspiration- 39,581

;)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 08:34:29 PM by Poppadopalis »

hector

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 10:26:49 PM »

Just in

;)

OH is that what that link was for?  I thought I'd just guess how many copies he sold.  You probably were one of them and just got offended that I called you dumb.

JTSimon

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 06:01:51 AM »

Just in

;)

OH is that what that link was for?  I thought I'd just guess how many copies he sold.  You probably were one of them and just got offended that I called you dumb.

^I know Americans are dumb but not for buying a William Hung CD. It took me 3 minutes to download his album but I have bought 2 of his shirts  ;)

So who in their right mind would buy this album?

People looking for a laugh, according to Sharon Vitro, operations manager at the Tower on Sunset. "We had a couple of girls come in Tuesday morning right when we opened to buy it, and they looked like they might think he's cute or something, but other than that it's been mostly, 'I can't believe this guy has an album out,' and they pick it up and buy it," Vitro said. "I can't really see people playing it more than once."

Fox said he feels people are drawn to Hung's personality and are willing to overlook his tuneless singing. "Compared to some of the other crap on the radio, it's no better or no worse, and they like what he stands for," he explained. "It really comes down to people cheering on the little guy. There's no doubt this is someone who's doing it for the love of music, unencumbered by expectation."

Perhaps telling of Hung's appeal are the many T-shirts selling online, which quote tation."inspirational lines from his infamous "American Idol" audition — including "I already gave my best" and "I have no regrets at all."
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 06:04:20 AM by Poppadopalis »