Author Topic: Ras Kass - Rasassination  (Read 1405 times)

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
Ras Kass - Rasassination
« on: August 31, 2002, 05:49:11 PM »
Seeing that many peeps on this board have gotten into Ras Kass more I will do a review of his second album "Rassasination" which is not as good as "Soul On Ice" but it is aight and worth having.

Ras Kass - Rassasination

1. Endtro - A futuristic intro to this album, pretty meaningless.

2. Rassasination. Produced by Stu B Doo. An upbeat bangin Dre-like beat ripped up by Ras Kass. Lyrically Ras Kass is amazing and this one of the better tracks on the album.
4/5

3. Ghetto Fabolous feat. Dr.Dre and Mack 10. Produced by Stu B Doo.
At first it was thought that this beat was produced by Dr.Dre but it was his protege at the time(Stu B Doo) that produced it. It sounds much like a Dre beat with an opera like chorus on the hook. Dr.Dre and Mack 10 come off aight but this track doesn't really fit Ras and his flow but he rips it anyway.
3/5

4. Lapdance feat. RC. Produced by Stu B Doo.
You can call this Ras's attempt for commercial success and it comes off weak. The beat is boring but RC does a descent job on the hook. Ras is just not commercial y'all.
1/5

5. Skit

6. Conceited Bastard. Produced by Klev.
An odd but bangin beat provided by Klev. I like the guitar in it. Ras rips up this track fo sure. The hook is weak though but Ras makes up for it by ripping it throughout the song.
4/5

7. Ice Age feat. Kurupt and El-Drex. Produced by Twelve.
You would of thought that this song had classic written all over it. Kurupt and Ras Kass come off dope but the beat is just to slow for them and it is weak. With a better beat it could have been classic.
2/5

8. In a Coogi Sweatsuit(Skit)

9. H2O Proof feat. Saafir. Produced by Big Jaz.
An Eastcoast like beat that Ras rips up. It's aight but nothing special. Saafir does some talking,he doesn't really appear on this song.
3/5

10. It is What it is feat. Jazze Pha. Produced by Klev.
Weak ass RnB like track for Ras. Definitely a track to skip. Not even his lyrics can make up for it. Another weak ass attempt to go commercial for Ras.
0.5/5 >:(

11. Interview with a Vampire. Produced by Klev.
You guys just gotta listen to this track, it is undescribable. This is the "Nature of the Threat" of this album. Classic Ras Kass. Download this track, buy the album just get this track.
5/5 :o

12. Wild Pitch feat. Xzibit and Jah Skillz. Produced by Stu B Doo.
This beat sounds like King T's "2 G's from Compton". Jah Skillz comes first and rips it up. Ras comes off second and blesses his skills and last but not least Xzibit rips it as well. A descent track.
3.5/5

13. OohWee!. Produced by Klev.
No it is nothing like Master P's wack ass song. The beat is straight westcoast and Iam diggin it. Ras rips it up and it fits him good. This could have been a great radio hit if promoted.
4.5/5

14. All or Nuthin feat. Twista. Produced by Toxic.
This is definitely a MidWest like track. Toxic does production for Do or Die. It is odd how Twista and Ras would hook up. Twista rips it up and then Ras comes off and does the same. This song sounds out place cause these two rappers have totally different flows. It's aight I guess.
3/5

15. Grindin feat. Bad Azz. Produced by Easy Mo Bee.
Sounds a little like a Neptunes beat but back in 98. Ras comes off dope over the beat. Bad Azz only does the hook so thats dissapointing.
3/5

16. I Ain't Fucking With You. Produced by Rip.
A heavy bassline for this track and the beat is raw. Ras sounds dope over this beat. The hook however is extremely weak by some annoying bitch.
4/5

17. Get At Me. Produced by Rip.
I don't like the beat much but Ras makes it sound aight.
It's kind of RnB like with a guitar in the background and some chick singing the chorus.
2/5

18. The End feat. RZA. Produced by Easy Mo Bee.
A Wu Tang like beat not provided(surprisingly) by the RZA. Ras should work with the Wu more if you ask me. RZA rips it and so does Ras. One of my favorite tracks on this album and a pretty good way to end this album.
4/5

Rassasination was a dissapointing follow up to "Soul On Ice" but the beats were a little better. Ras tried to hard to go for commercial on certain tracks and they failed miserably. This is album is pretty dope and it will take a few listens to like it or maybe you just won't like it. Ras Kass though rips it lyrically but once again the beats he gets are his downfall.

Overall 3.5/5   Not a must have but a dope album for Ras fans.

ILL-Logic-AL

Re: Ras Kass - Rasassination
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2002, 09:25:36 AM »
Dont Really agree with your review that much. Rasassination, the song, was 5 Mics. H20Proof was also 5 Mics. You rated some songs way too low aswell.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Raphael

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 06:14:27 AM »
Bullshiiiiit! this album is Rass Kass best album

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 02:10:22 PM »
some of the tracks are ranked pretty low. This is Ras's best album. 4/5
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 04:25:42 PM »
Dont Really agree with your review that much. Rasassination, the song, was 5 Mics. H20Proof was also 5 Mics. You rated some songs way too low aswell.
Yo he's speakin the truth. Rasassination the track was FIRREE. Classic in my book.

HEC

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 09:00:00 AM »
I agree about that Kurupt track "Ice Age", that had classic written all over it I don't know what happened there :-\

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 09:10:44 AM »
1 of the greatest west coast rap albums of all time

you readed that jazze pha produced track way too low... listen to the lyrics , kinda like you did with interview with a vampire and dont tell me that beat was crazy bangin u had to sit there and listen 2 it and get a feel for it didnt jump out at u at first

HEC

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 09:24:39 AM »
Ras is on a whole other planet when it comes to lyrics

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 09:54:21 AM »
ima say b ack then yes, now not so much so

he doesnt seem as hungry to me anymore hopefully he proves me wrong

Jaydc555

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 05:08:03 AM »
I have to agree with most of the review.soul on ice was way beyond this album lyrically.it felt like he dumded it down and tried being commercial with this album.its still a decent album but I was pretty dissapointed.that being said their are a few amazing tracks on the album

Raphael

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 02:59:01 PM »
Bullshiiiiit! this album is Rass Kass best album
*Slaps past self*
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 03:25:24 PM by Raphael »

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 09:59:31 AM »
rass kass is probably one of the only westcoast artists, that if you didnt know that he was from california. you would think he from the eastcoast .
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac

LIONZ DEN

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 05:41:44 PM »
THIS IS A MUST HAVE