Author Topic: US Preparing for Military Draft in Spring 2005  (Read 905 times)

smerlus

Re:US Preparing for Military Draft in Spring 2005
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2004, 04:52:26 PM »
i'd rahter see draft dodgers leave the country than break there arms, it's the weak minded that keep this country down

Rain

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2004, 07:26:16 PM »
so those that dont want to do what their government tells them are weak minded and those that will do what their government tells them are strong minded

yep that sure makes sense to me
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2004, 07:33:37 PM »
Neocons who are in favour of the iraq war that wont go to war are fuckin hypocritical pussies tho.
So since you didn't support the war, Are you a hypocritical pussy because you didn't go to Iraq to become a human shield?

and you had the nerve to say I had the worst analogy ever. Tsk tsk.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2004, 09:28:10 PM »
How?

He made the claimed that: "Neocons who are in favour of the iraq war that wont go to war are fuckin hypocritical pussies tho"

I'd say he's the exact oposite of a neo-con, so why wouldn't the logic appear there?

Study up...

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/prep_one/analogies/prac/pracStart.html

smerlus

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2004, 09:51:02 PM »
so those that dont want to do what their government tells them are weak minded and those that will do what their government tells them are strong minded

yep that sure makes sense to me

the military is only as strong as the people within it, so if there's a bunch of pussies complaining that they've been drafted in, or try physical harm on there selves just to get out, i'd rather have them leave the country

Rain

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2004, 10:10:01 PM »
kicking people out of a democracy for making a choice does sound good.

or another way to avoid having those type in the military could just be not to conscript and go to wars that alot of people don't want to fight.
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2004, 04:12:28 AM »
Dumbass, if my country was being invaded and my family was endagered i would definitely volunteer to fight. But when a country like U.S. forces a war on a small country because they got nothing better to do, i'm not willing to die or get injured because Texaco's annual income is dropping .34 percent, or because the U.S. Wants yet another military base in the Middle East.
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

smerlus

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2004, 12:31:25 PM »
well to understand the draft we have to look at it's history:

the first unofficial draft was during the revolutionary war - good cause

the first official draft was duing WWI - good cause

second use WWII - good cause

Korean conflict - depends on your point of view

Viet Nam war - once again depends on your view but the majority swing to abuse of the draft

after that the draft was ended

now in 2005 it might be reinstated

does this mean all 18 year olds are going to find themselves in iraq for summer vacation? no because the majority of military personel are going to be pulled out by then.

does this mean there is going to be an unscheduled war in 2005? negative

what this does mean is that the united states military is having a hard time recruiting and retaining military members...and a draft will help them meet thier quotas...

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2004, 03:18:27 PM »
if theres a draft, thats the biggest bullshit ever, and im fuckin 18 too, im gonna fuckin move to amsterdam, or japan, or some other shit, no fuckin way im going to war

Wanna be roomies? ;D

-KIDRENEGADE-

dexter

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2004, 05:27:47 PM »
we shouldnt be in Iraq 2 begin with.
Let Bush and his family go 2 war.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2004, 10:39:00 PM »
You are close Trauma... but 18 and 19 year olds go last. It starts at age 20, up to 25, then goes back to 18 and 19. And if anyone took the time to actually check out the Selective Services website, you will see them exposing these articles as lies. Regardless, I'm 26, so I'm not too concerned, but fuck, if my country needed me, I'd go.

JTSimon

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2004, 07:01:24 AM »
if theres a draft, thats the biggest bullshit ever, and im fuckin 18 too, im gonna fuckin move to amsterdam, or japan, or some other shit, no fuckin way im going to war

Wanna be roomies? ;D

Three's company?  :D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 07:01:44 AM by Poppadopalis »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2004, 02:23:47 PM »
I'm 23, the so called draft, I'll be 24. Honestly, I could careless. They draft me, oh well, my dad didn't agree with Vietnam, but his a vet, so fuck it. Those that run for the draft are cowards, no matter what you feel about your country, if you choice to live here, and you want to be an American, you must be willing to fight for your country if they call your number. I don't agree with shit over there, but I ain't running from no draft. I'll do what is ask of me, because I don't ever plan on living elsewhere.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2004, 04:05:48 PM »

Wanna be roomies? ;D

no i wouldnt be able to listen to you playing camron

JTSimon

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2004, 07:02:21 PM »

Wanna be roomies? ;D

no i wouldnt be able to listen to you playing camron

No roomate is perfect  ;D