Author Topic: one of the reasons why the middle east is fucked up  (Read 137 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
one of the reasons why the middle east is fucked up
« on: April 15, 2004, 07:44:12 AM »
they have leaders like this

Despotty bans gold teeth
By STEWART WHITTINGHAM

THE crazy leader of Turkmenistan has banned gold teeth.

It is the latest preposterous ruling by Saparmurat Niyazov, the president of the central Asian country.

Nutty Niyazov has previously declared a national holiday in honour of melons and is writing his own bible.

He has even renamed the months of the year after himself and his family.

And, in a string of bizarre bans, he has outlawed long hair, beards, circuses and listening to car radios.

Bored kids would find Turkmenistan a living hell — as adolescence officially does not end there until you are 25.

Despot Niyazov decided to issue a crackdown on gold teeth while he was watching a student with metal fillings giving an address in his honour.

Thinking it made his country appear backward, the president said she would look better with white teeth.

He told the stunned girl: “Here’s the health minister, himself a dentist. He will give you white teeth.”

He then advised others to care for their gnashers by gnawing bones.

Niyazov, 63, said: “I watched young dogs when I was young.

“They were given bones to gnaw. Those of you whose teeth have fallen out did not gnaw on bones.”

The president’s declarations are regarded as law where all opposition has been brutally oppressed.

Amnesty International say dissenters are marched off to “corrective labour camps” and secret police regularly inflict beatings and torture.

Niyazov has been leader of Turkmenistan since 1991, when the impoverished country — which is three times the size of Britain and mostly desert — was granted independence from the Soviet Union.

He made himself president for life and built up a huge personality cult to enthrall his five million citizens.

Like Saddam, he has put up statues of himself throughout the nation.

Idol state ... locals visit a Niyazov statue

A giant gold one in the capital Ashgabat revolves continuously to track the course of the sun. Critics say Niyazov lives in an unreal world after he got rid of any able advisers — for fear they would overthrow him.

Livestock has been banned from the capital so as not to overpower the smell of dahlias named after him.

And people have been restricted to owning just one cat or dog.

Last year a national holiday was instituted to celebrate the country’s muskmelon, which is similar to a watermelon.

In 2002 Niyazov renamed the month of January after himself, April after his mum and the rest after pals and anyone who took his fancy.

He has also renamed days of the week after friends and family and changed all street names to numbers in the capital.

In addition to declaring that adolescence lasts until 25, Niyazov has decreed that youth lasts until 37 and old age does not start until 85.

Topping all his other madness, the dictator has written his own holy book — the Rukhnama, meaning book of the soul — which he compares to the Bible and Koran.

Schoolkids, students, teachers and prisoners have to know it by heart.

Niyazov is also building his own Disneyland-style theme park with slides showing giant statues of him.

The picture is one of a cracked but ruthless ruler in the mould of Idi Amin and Saddam Hussein.

Jim MacLeod, of the Institute For War And Peace Reporting, said: “Under the mad exterior is a brutal dictator who has killed and tortured the opposition.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2004172387,,00.html

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:one of the reasons why the middle east is fucked up
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 10:33:40 AM »
Turkemenistan is not the middle east

its a central asian country, situation there is different

posr cold war, despots have sprung all over central asia, most former communist officials, and with no intl spotlight , they have cemented themselves and their circle to control the entire country. They have brutully supressed islamic oppposition, and most of these countries all have some sort of military relationship with russia,

uzbkistans islam karimov is another nut....that region needs cleaning up
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 11:38:35 AM »
lol this guy is hilarious.....
and why do people think that every single fucked up country/leader in asia is the middle east?
*remembers countrys and leaders of the middle east*

oh ... yeah

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 03:10:57 PM »
lol this guy is hilarious.....
and why do people think that every single fucked up country/leader in asia is the middle east?
*remembers countrys and leaders of the middle east*

oh ... yeah
i read it in the paper this morning and forgot where it was in the mean time silly mistake to make cos all i needed to do was read the first line when i copied the story off their website. it doesn't get away from my origional point tho how can some1 like this really run a country and have support they must all be in fear cos he is totally insane

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 10:53:38 PM »
"they must all be in fear cos he is totally insane"

probably ... but i still can't believe that guy is running A FRICKIN COUNTRY!!!

JTSimon

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 08:56:06 AM »
british empire/american government is the reason why the middle east is fucked up.