Author Topic: I got my first speeding ticket  (Read 1882 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:I got my first speeding ticket
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2004, 05:37:13 PM »

smerlus

« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2004, 05:42:19 PM »
no because we hardly have highway patrolmen over here but we have a shitload of state troopers

city cops are on the city budget

state troopers, highway patrolmen are on state

city limits is city jurisdiction

highways are state jurisdiction

this isn't some retarded country like Norway, we have enough police to cover anything

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2004, 05:55:41 PM »
this isn't some retarded country like Norway, we have enough police to cover anything

...yet you still have a ridiculous higher crimerate. what a shame.

if norway had more retarded standards like everybody gots a gun and so on, they'd also have a higher crimerate. - therefore again, they'd train and employ more police officers. bottom line is, norway had more police and more crime then.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

smerlus

« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2004, 05:59:52 PM »

i know, imagine what we'd have if there were no police

Jome

« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2004, 06:09:44 PM »
the infamous Nathan of the city of Tonawanda police department...he's known for giving out the most tickets in NY state, my gf got pulled over by him,  he have her speeding and failure to yield to an emergancy vehicle because she didn't notice him for a block

Thank god they caught her though..
Nathan should be promoted for doing such a fine job protecting the city. ::)
Your gf broke the law, deal with the penalty blah blah blah..

if norway had more retarded standards like everybody gots a gun and so on, they'd also have a higher crimerate. - therefore again, they'd train and employ more police officers. bottom line is, norway had more police and more crime then.

Once again, smerlus is shut down by simple logic.

smerlus

« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2004, 08:51:57 PM »
the infamous Nathan of the city of Tonawanda police department...he's known for giving out the most tickets in NY state, my gf got pulled over by him,  he have her speeding and failure to yield to an emergancy vehicle because she didn't notice him for a block

Thank god they caught her though..
Nathan should be promoted for doing such a fine job protecting the city. ::)
Your gf broke the law, deal with the penalty blah blah blah..

Once again, smerlus is shut down by simple logic.

yeah you missed the part where my gf got on a Norway hip hop message board crying about how the pigs have nothing better to do than pull over white people and how they should be catching killers (when there hasn't been a murder in that city for about 5 years)

how'd i get shut down moron? i agreed we have a high crime rate and i said imagine if we didn't have this many police....common sense which is what you seem to lack.

anyways Jome i'm going to make you an official smerlus pubic hair, what this means is you can spend all the time you want on my nuts with the rest of the pubic hairs and you can mention me in all the threads you make. enjoy your stay on my nuts and have a pleasant night

SGV

« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2004, 10:05:46 PM »
I'm sorry Acgrundy, but you're still not making any sense, nor are you even close to changing my opinion (even with your 10 paragraph essays trying to explain yourself)...My point was that Highway Patrol is around so that City Cops don't need to waste all their time giving tickets...You've tried way too hard to prove me wrong, but you can't...PeACe

You act as if people only get tickets on Freeways. I got all my tickets on the street by local police. I've never got a ticket from a CHP.

Jome

« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2004, 10:07:23 PM »
You're even gayer than I thought smerlus.. and believe me, I didn't have high thoughts about you.
"Pubic hair club".. ??? Get a life.

Back on topic again.
Here's a good example from everyday life:

3 wellknown burglars was caught with a truckload of stolen property, police took them down to the station, where the boss said: "Take the goods, and let them go"
The police men was like "What the hell, are you serious ?"
Chief: "We don't have time to question them and all that paperwork"
The burglars walked away with a big smile on their face.
3 hours later, police got phonecalls about the same dudes "at work" again.

At the same time, police had no less than 6 policemen out on the road doing routine questions & laser controls.
(This was a small town, btw.. not some major city)

And you're still defending police's priorities.. ??
Don't even try to tell me that's not happening in the States, because I KNOW IT DOES, and on a much larger scale.
Police do the exact same fuckups over there.
Their #1 priority: Making money.

You're saying that they need to make money to exist, that's partly wrong too.
U.S. and Norway are 2 of the richest countries in the world.. the governments EASILY have enough money to keep the police in good shape/health..
We all know were U.S. tax money is going, don't we.. ask Bush, Engelwood or Trauma if you don't.
As for Norway, they're putting it in the bank, "for later use/future generations blah blah".

Meanwhile: The hardest criminals doesn't have to pay for shit, while the man in the street gets the tickets/sentences/etc.

It's how the system works, and you're blind enough to defend it.
Maybe you'll see in a few years.

(I do give credit to U.S. for their "3 strikes" system though, it seems to be efficient on pro-criminals.)

« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 10:12:45 PM by Jome Is Certain »

Don Breezio

« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2004, 10:10:45 PM »
umm jome...we don't let shit like that go...that'd be why are jails are so overcrowded and we keep having to build more of them.

but yeah the 3 strikes system is a good one

Jome

« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2004, 10:18:48 PM »
umm jome...we don't let shit like that go...that'd be why are jails are so overcrowded and we keep having to build more of them.

but yeah the 3 strikes system is a good one

We don't let that shit go neither, NORMALLY...
But the police do fuckups from time to time, and when police do fuckups, the consequences get big..

And their priorities needs to be questioned, in EVERY country.
Especially in a country like U.S. with such a huge crime figher force & big crime rate.

And there's a 2-way street too..
U.S. seems to lock up anybody for anything, nobody wants that..
How is that helping matters.. they come into a prison, and they walk out again, usually with more criminal connections, and what not.
You'd want to lock up the criminals, not people who was unlucky, commited a minor offence, said boo to the wrong man, forgot to pay a tax or two, etc..

« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 10:26:23 PM by Jome Is Certain »

Don Breezio

« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2004, 10:30:35 PM »
i agree some of our laws are messed up...one in particular i think is wrong...if you get convicted of involuntary manslaughter...you go to jail...so lets say this:

a man is driving down a residential road...he's doing the speed limit (25 normally) and a 4 year old rides his tricycle out into the street from behind a bush...and he kills the 4 year old...that man will probably do life in prison for something that wasn't his fault...so now you're telling me i already feel like shit because i killed a 4 year old...now i gotta spend my life in prison? thats messed up

Jome

« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2004, 11:00:34 PM »
i agree some of our laws are messed up...one in particular i think is wrong...if you get convicted of involuntary manslaughter...you go to jail...so lets say this:

a man is driving down a residential road...he's doing the speed limit (25 normally) and a 4 year old rides his tricycle out into the street from behind a bush...and he kills the 4 year old...that man will probably do life in prison for something that wasn't his fault...so now you're telling me i already feel like shit because i killed a 4 year old...now i gotta spend my life in prison? thats messed up

Word, good example..
You could do a armed robbery with a rifle and scare a old woman to near death, and you only get a few months in prison, and maybe not even that..

Drugdealers - they almost don't even care about them.. only the "big cats"..
How is that fair.. there's examples everywhere.

Don Breezio

« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2004, 11:03:37 PM »
yeah they don't worry about the dealers a lot of the time...they go for the suppliers...which i can understand

hector

« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2004, 12:14:37 AM »
LOL, why should drug dealers be put in jail when there are murders, rapists, family abusers out walking the streets?  Drug dealers are the least of our concern, especially since the lock up of them doesn't prevent drugs from comming here.

Don Breezio

« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2004, 12:50:16 AM »
LOL, why should drug dealers be put in jail when there are murders, rapists, family abusers out walking the streets?  Drug dealers are the least of our concern, especially since the lock up of them doesn't prevent drugs from comming here.

exactly...tahts why i agree with them not necessarily going after the dealers but going after the suppliers