Author Topic: Forget them short reviews~In depth view of SSLP...  (Read 2562 times)

Tecknine

Forget them short reviews~In depth view of SSLP...
« on: December 18, 2001, 03:56:40 PM »
In Feb-March in 1998…Newly discovered cat from the legendary Dr. Dre, comes along and drops one of the influencial albums of the late 90’s…Eminem a white cat out of Detroit City gets his “name” known threw out the ears of millions, with his debut mainstream track ‘My Name Is’. People became skeptical, and believed ‘my name is’ would be a One hit wonder, but they will soon learn from his albums success they were wrong..

2.My Name Is- The Debut Single…This track is the track that paved the way to Eminem’s success…An ok beat laced by the Doc himself..The lyrics are hella funny and take you by surprise. This has a catchy ass chorus. Beware…Overall-Dope first single to get attention to himself -3/5 …Average Track

3.Guilty Conscience- Wow, My ears like what they are hearing! Dope ass beat with Dre and Em going back and forth..The concept to this song is Genius. It is 3 different stories acting as 3 different verses..The lyrics are hilarious…For Example he takes a shot at Dre. “Mr. Dre , Mr. NWA , MrAK ,Comin’ Straight Outta Compton , Ya’ll better make way.”
Overall- This track was Straight Dopeness…5/5  –Classic Song!!

4.Brain Damage- This song really brings out and proves Eminem’s lyrical skill.
He comes tight with a storytelling point of his childhood memories.. This song is genius.
Key lines: “Got up and ran to the janitors storage room, riped the door hinge loose,picked up the 4 inch screw” Overall-This song was tightness-4.5 -near Classic

6.If I Had- OK.. Here is a kinda layed back track..Eminem comes on the mic tellin’ about how he never had shit. This track aint all that good but it’s O.K Key-line “I had a magic-wand, I’d make the world suck my dick without a condom on while I’m on the john”  Overall-3.0  The average track..Not too bad, Not too good..

7.97’ Bonnie and Clyde-This song was previously released on his Slim Shady EP.. First time I heard this “Just the two of us, Just the two of us”..I was like oh no he is gonna pull a Will Smith! But I was surprised as fuck when I heard the verses.This song is a Morbid tail of Slim Shady and his daughter Hailey together after he just murdered her mom Kim..
This one is pure comedy ya’ll. Key-lines “There goes mommy splashin’ in the water,No more fightin with dad,no more restrain order .No more Step Da Da ,No more new brova..”Overall, I give this a 4.5 a near classic status. Something was not there to make this classic.

9.Role Model-Oh My God. This track is Straight dopeness.. Dre laces a tight beat and Eminem rips it too shreds…This song is one that shows his skill with his verbals. The song is basically about crazy shit he does.. and the reason they are his role model. This track has hilarious phrases all over the place…Key-lines.. “I'm cancerous, so when I diss you wouldn't wanna answer this. If you responded back with a battle rap you wrote for CanibusI strangled you to death then I choked you again
Then break your fuckin legs till your bones poke through your skin”..This shit is tight as shit..Overall this track is Classic 5.0

11.My Fault-Crazy Track that displays Eminem’s storytelling abilities..This is a tale about a bitch he meets and he accidently feeds her too many shrooms..I wasn’t feeling ths track too much.But it is solid. Key-lines-“I'm twenty-six years old and I'm not married
   I don't even have any kids and I can't cook
I'm over here Sue,you're talkin to the plant, look!
We need to get to a hospital 'fore it's too late
Cause I never seen no-one eat as many shrooms as you ate” Overall-4.0 aight song.Pretty funny..

13. Cum on everybody-This is kinda like a club track.Its got a bouncy ass beat that Eminem flows all the way threw it.I wasn’t really feeling this track..the chorus is annoying “Cum on everybody..Get down tonite”.Key-Lines- “Then I jetted to the weed house
Smoked out til I started bustin freestyles
Broke out then I dipped quick back to the crib, put on lipstick
Crushed up the Tylenol and ate it with a dipstick”.There were some high points in this song but nothing special. verall 3.5

14.Rock Bottom-This is a deep track bout his life.I am feeling this track a lot for some reason.It kinda has the Dark,Gloomy feel of “If I Had” Key-lines- “I feel like I'm walkin a tight rope, without a circus net .Poppin perkaset, I'm a nervous wreck .I deserve respect; but I work and sweat for this worthless check”..This is a tight track..Overall 4.0

15.Just Don’t Give a Fuck-Ohh shit! This track opens up with a tight ass intro..Then Eminem comes and rips this shit to death..This track is some classic Eminem.Key-lines- “I'm Nicer than Pete, but I'm on a Serch to crush a Miilkbone.I'm Everlast-ing, I melt Vanilla Ice like silicone.” Overall 5.0 Classic ish…..

17.As The World Turns- Tight, Tight shit here fellas.We got Eminem on his story tellin’ mode again..This shit displays his lyrical skill once again.Key-lines “She came at me at full speed, nothin could stop her
I shot her five times and every bullet bounced off herI started to beg "No, please let go" But she swallowed my fuckin leg whole like an egg roll”  Over all-4.0 Tight display of verbal’s

18.I’m Shady-Sounds like another club track.. I aint really feelin’ this track at all.This is a basically a song bout’ drugs..Key-lines “The ill type, I stab myself with a steel spike.while I blow my brain out, just to see what it feels like”Overall- 3.5

19.Bad Meets Evil-Weird ass western intro rolls in..The beat starts up..Sounds pretty nice..This is the mainstream debut of an ill ass Detriot Emcee by the name of Royce the 5’9.This track is pretty tight .Key-lines “I translate when my voice is read through a sismograph
And a noise is bred, picked up and transmitted through Royce's head
Trapped him in his room, possessed him and hoist his bed
Till the evilness flows through his blood like poisonous lead” Overall-4.0

20.Still Don’t Give a Fuck- Ok dope ass intro by Eminem.Then the beat rolls in..Tight beat..This is supposed to be the sequal to I just don’t give a fuck..Em gets super lyrical on this song bring heat as usual..This song is tight.Key-lines- “Never ran with a click - I'm a posse.Kamikaze, strappin a motherfuckin bomb across me
From the second I was born, my momma lost me
I'm a cross between Manson, Esham and Ozzy” 5.0 Classic Slim Shady Joint..

Overall this album was a near-classic debut of the self-proclaimed crazy white-boy.. He showed the world that he can spit better than 90% of rappers today.. This album is a 4.5..It would have been a classic but there were a few filler tracks..ex.”if I had”..But overall I recommend this to any true hip hop head.

Primo..Don't Jack my Shit

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Siberian_Wolf

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FREE OL DIRTY!!!
Re: Forget them short reviews~In depth view of SSL
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2001, 09:31:15 PM »
You done a giant work man, it was dope. Keep up with it!
You digged some points that I didnt even notice. I should listen to more Eminem, he got mad skillz. 4.5 for SSLP - totally agree.
I be one of those tall skinny cats with the four-nine
Three-eleven that rips through Power-U's and breaks spines
I culture power-tuggin' boys who be drunk, buggin'
Lovin' loud noise from toys, club thuggin'
Sweet chocolate deluxe, rugged, sexy buttercup
That don't give a fuck about the cop in the club
RZA in DO U

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2001, 06:40:38 AM »
good review but a 4/5 for rock bottom,  that song is a 5/5 easy,  it is my top 3 eminem songs

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2001, 06:46:31 AM »
good review but i thought bad meets evil was a 4.5, and i wouldn't consider consider guilty conscience a classic unless you are talking about the version with the chorus in it, which didn't get released on the sslp, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

CHEF_RAEKWON

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2001, 06:22:38 AM »
rock bottim 4? listen to themn l;yrics! the 2-line quote u took from it deserves 5!

as the world turns and bad meets evil are definite 5's too!

listen to his second verse in as the world turns * its one of the best verses ever!

and if i had ainty a filler track!

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Forget them short reviews~In depth view of SSLP...
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 11:29:57 AM »
dope review

rock bottom and as the world turns are the best songs on this album but every song is a classic

Will_B

Re: Forget them short reviews~In depth view of SSLP...
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 11:34:02 AM »
7/10 album

Hack Wilson - real