Author Topic: Daz Dillinger - Retaliation, Revenge and Get Back  (Read 4591 times)

Plumma25

• 'G'
Daz Dillinger - Retaliation, Revenge and Get Back
« on: February 26, 2002, 02:39:11 AM »
This album, I feel was slept on majorly.  No one gave this album the respect it was due.  In my opinion, one of the best west coast albums.  Classic DPG right here, also got that DeathRow feel.

1.  Gang Meeting (Intro)Gang Bangin Ass.. - Starts off as an intro but then goes in2 a tight ass song, beat is banging.  Has almost all DPG members in it including, Tray Dee, Soopafly, Kurupt, and Technique.  Shit is just hot.    5/5  Best intro ever.

2.  It's Going Down f/Kurupt - Tight track right here, good beat, Kurupt kills the track.  Good start 2 album.  Reminds me of the start of Streetz Iz A Mutha  4.5/5

3.  Playa Partners f/B-Legit - Laid back track.  Something 2 groove 2.  Not really feeling B-Legit though.  Doesn't seem 2 fit the track that well.  But Daz comes correct.  3.5/5

4.  It Might Sound Crazy f/Too Short- I love this track, almost sounds like Let's Play House.  Great fuckin' song.  You can tell Soopafly helped produce this track.  Too Short adds his usual nasty rhyme, classic.  5/5

5.  Our Daily Breed f/Kurupt - Another banger here.  Good production, both Daz and Kurupt flow great.  Classic Dogg Pound shit right here.  Something 2 ride 2.  4.5/5

6.  In California f/Lady V - This is Daz's To Live and Die In L.A.  Except this is a banger.  The beat will just get you bouncing.  Love this song, repping Cali 2 the max.  Daz comes off very nice.  Wish there was a remix with all the DPG members, would've been phat.  Woo-Woo-Woo-Woo-Woo
5/5

7.  Initiated f/2Pac, Outlawz, Kurupt - Best track on album, Beat is def.  the shit.  Of course Pac comes correct.  But all flow great on this track, loved Edi's verse at end.  Def.  one of my fav. of all time.  5/5

8.  Oh No - One of the only solo tracks on the album and the beat is straight.  Another battle track.  Great follow up 2 the 2 before.  4/5

9.  Retaliation, Revenge and Get Back - Another solo effort for Daz.  Not one of my fav.  Beat is banging but I usually skip right over this one.  Daz seems lazy on this one, could've been better.  3/5

10. O.G. f/Nate Dogg, Snoop Dogg - Only appearance by Snoop and Nate.  Great laid back song.  Nate and Snoop have great verses.  Snoop of old days, classic Death Row right here.  5/5

11. Baby Mama Drama f/Lil C-Style, Big C-Style - Another one of my fav.  Daz has great verses.  Beat is laid back, something 2 smoke 2.  Also some real shit right here.  4.5/5

12. Only For U - Daz's love song of the album.  Mostly all singing.  Great track 2 fucc 2.  Daz gets a little sloppy with the lyrics but overall a great track.  Love the beat and love the type of song it is.  You need one of these tracks on all albums imo.  5/5

13. Ridin' High f/WC - Sounds different than rest of album.  Very laid back.  Both flow great.  Love the chrous on this one.  Another one 2 smoke 2.  4/5

14. The Ultimate Come Up f/Bad Azz, MC Eiht - Love the beat.  Another battle track.  Wish Kurupt was on this one though.  4/5

15. Thank God For My Life f/Bad Azz, Tray Dee, Soopafly - A little disappointed with the beat.  Kind of corny.  But the lyrics from all are great, they save the song.  Just about loving life.  4/5

16. Why Do We Bang (Outro) - Nothing special, just Daz giving shout-outs 2 people over a simple beat.  3/5

17.  Pimp City f/Soopafly (Only on cassete version) - Instant I heard this song fuckin' loved hit.  Soopafly clearly out shines Daz on this track.  All this track is about is pimping hoes.  This is when I started 2 love Soopafly.  Great song, wish it was on the album in place of Playa Partners.  5/5

Overall I think this album is a 9/10.  Great guest appearances by all West Coast playas.  And just some classic Death Row shit right here.  If you don't have it, yall better pick this one up, 4 real.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
if you're girl has a leak tell her 2 call tha mothafuckin' Plumma named Pete, thats me.

Smooth

Re: Daz Dillinger - Retaliation, Revenge and Get B
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2002, 06:45:30 PM »
Tight review. haha and i feel you about the beat being kinda corny on "Thank God for my life"

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2002, 01:31:05 PM »
i'd give it a 2.5/5 , i thought the album sucked

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

techniec

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2002, 11:48:00 AM »
i was kinda disapointed by this album, i dont think it was as bad as jake, but it was bad

3/5

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2002, 12:41:00 PM »
shiiit 2/5? 3/5?

damn id give it a 4/5 or atleast a 3.5/5, depends on how i feel, lol

too bad i dont have this anymore though, lol, i let some guy borrow it and i never got it back

OG was some dope shit, i loved that song, classic shit

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2002, 08:01:28 PM »
When I first bought it I thought it was classic material but now I give it a 4.5/5. The production was hot throughout but it was missing something that the classic Dogg Food had. Still a great album and "In California" is one of the best odes to Cali ever.

verbalassaulta

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2002, 02:41:15 PM »
whoever gives this album anything less than a 4/5 must not be to much into west coast rap...  but i agreee with your review...oh no however is not a solo and features tray dee and is awesome if you have a system in your ride...overall i think its a near classic...i used to always ride to this album 9/10

dexter

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2002, 05:05:44 AM »

Paul

Re: Daz Dillinger - Retaliation, Revenge and Get Back
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 09:50:17 AM »
good review seems u like the album as much as me
although i disagree with a couple of things like the title track rr&gb was bangin
also thought playa partners was tite too
weakest song = our daily bread imo

other than that u r spot on
funkyfreshintheflesh

tempo2

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 03:45:31 AM »
album was average at best

WestCoasta

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 09:45:26 PM »
anyone sayin it was average or a 2/5 is CRAZY, shit is a West Coast classic

good review seems u like the album as much as me
although i disagree with a couple of things like the title track rr&gb was bangin
also thought playa partners was tite too
weakest song = our daily bread imo
agreed  8)
("Our Daily Bread" was dope though  ;D)

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 02:24:31 AM »
Gang Bangin Ass Criminal is crazy as fuck. :oMy fav track on the album.And its a dope album too.I agree that it misses sth DOGG FOOD had.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2006, 11:28:26 AM »
5 out of 5  such a dope album

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 09:11:39 PM »
Classic fuckin album. And the title track is the tightest, most complex gangsta sounding shit ever created. Catch up fools.
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Paul

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 05:21:44 AM »
Classic fuckin album. And the title track is the tightest, most complex gangsta sounding shit ever created. Catch up fools.

def tht and oh no had such a gangsta sound to them( in fact add og to tht)
funkyfreshintheflesh