Author Topic: Linkin Park - Reanimation  (Read 3928 times)

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
Linkin Park - Reanimation
« on: July 30, 2002, 12:42:15 PM »
1. Opening
Your normal intro to the album Violin and Chello being played.. Pretty weird.. But nice and relaxing.

2. Points Of Authority - Jay Gordon
Now I would have thought that most of you would have heard this track on TV or Raido at one point. This isn’t very HipHop influenced. I think this is the weakest track on the album. The basic music backing is a guitar riff, base and drums obviously. I prefer the original to this track. Defiantly the track weakest on the album.
Rating: 2.5/5

3. Enth E Nd - Kutmasta Kurt feat Motion Man
Starts off with the normal piano for In the end being all mixed up and you got Motion Man (I think) just giving some shout-outs. It starts with Mike Shinoda rapping his verse, its slightly changed from the original, pretty dope verse, there is one pretty wack line but it isn’t anything that ruins the song. Then Chester Bennington does the normal chorus for this song. Motion Man comes up and lays down his verse, really dope.. I was feelin’ it 100%. Then Mike comes back on and just spits, nothing to do with the original just a dope verse.
A thing to note with this track is the beat. It’s the basic piano of in the end, with a basic drum in the back and actually making a beat out of it. Kutmasta Kurt does a brilliant job with this remix.
Rating: 5/5

4. [Chali]
Answering Machience

5. Frgt/10 - Alchemist feat Chali 2na
Another really good beat, the Alchemist does a good job on this track. It starts off with the ‘pre-chours’ from the original track. Mike Shinoda then just, as he usually does, rips the track. His flow is laid back, but its like hes trying to make a point and make sure you listen. Really good. This is basiclly a Hip Hop remix of the original, and its dope. Chali 2na then comes on and raps, I cant think who here minds me of but from start to finsish the verse is dope. Then afterwards, just some dope sound effects to finish the track off
Rating: 4/5

6. P5hng Me A*wy - Mike Shinoda feat Stephen Richards
This track just basically starts off with a different beat, it’s the original’s lyrics basically remixed and sung over the top and around each other. Its got a pretty heavy rock-type beat. Theres not much else to say about this track. The hook is changed, nothing too drastic, but changed none the less. Not as creative as a lot of the tracks on this CD.
Rating: 3/5

7. Plc.4 Mie Haed - Amp Live feat Zion
Just seems like another one like the last track, they’ve taken the old lyrics, re-arranged them a bit and put a rock beat underneath. Accept this time there is a guest Emcee. I have no clue who it is.. I think its Zion, pretty tight. Does the usual emccing, good flow, and his voice is pretty dope. The end gets pretty heavy, quite good with the, Go Away You’ lyrics from the original song.
Rating: 3.9/5

8. X-Ecutioner Style feat Black Thought
Well if you’ve heard the X-Ecutioners album you’ll know exactly what to expect. Starts off with Chester shouting, ‘SHUT UP’ over a heavy guitar riff, and the X-Men scratching, sounds really dope. The beat reminds me of, ‘Its Going Down’ I never heard of Black Thought before, but he does a good job on this track. Lyrics are dope, its just a typical X-Men track.
Rating:  4/5

9. H! Vltg3 - Evidence feat Pharoahe Monch and DJ Babu
From looking at the list of guests you can tell this track is gonna be dope. Just a typical Hip Hop beat, sounds like a piano keeping rhythm. Mike Shinoda spits the same verses in the pervious versions of High Voltage. But on this track Monch appears with his unique flow and just plain dope style.
‘Telepath deliver verses without postage//Mike Shinoda, Pharoahe Monch we high voltage//’
Rating: 4.9/5

10. [Riff Raff]
Some stupid Skit again. Another outtake of his answering machine.

11. Wth>You - Chairman Hahn feat Aceyalone
This sounds A LOT like the original version in all aspects. Basiclly sounds like a slightly changed beat, with the same lyrics and in the same order. But being a big fan of the original version I like this one too. This track is basically down to personal preference.
Rating: 3/5

12. Ntr – Mssion
Just some piano interlude. Quite calming.

13. PPr:Kut - Cheapshot and Jubacca feat Rasco and Planet Asia
Really catchy fast beat to this one. It gets heavy at the hook as Chester Sings it. But the beat goes really well, and brings some good lyrics and flows out of the rappers appearing on the track. I can’t tell who is who but I can guarantee that all off the rappers on this track spit dope.

14. Rnw@y - Backyard Bangers feat Phoenix Orion
This is a pretty good song as the original. The beats sounds a lot like the proper version again, but that doesn’t mean that the track is wack. Chester sings slightly different lyrics on his verses, still dope and a good listen. Talking about his aprehention and need for starting a fresh. A good track overall

15. My<Dsmbr - Mickey P. feat Kelli Ali
Now, people who have heard this track may disagree totally with me on this one. I don’t mind this song, but personally I think this is the only track on this album that I can say they have ruined. This song, difficult to explain what its about. Basically an abstract way of talking about his depression. The whole track is too upbeat for my liking, it takes away all the emotion and feeling from the lyrics. But please check out the original version. Linkin Park – My December
Rating: 1/5 (This si low beacuse I am being biast LOL. I just think that the original is a beautiful song and i think they ruined it big time)

16. [Stef]
Stupid skit from answering machine.

17. By_Myslf - Josh Abraham and Mike Shinoda
Changed beat, its pretty heavy the chorus doesn’t change mcuh from the original but this is still a pretty cool track. Something that a lot of people here might not like because of the style of the music. But I think its pretty cool

18. Kyur4 Th Ich - Chairman Hahn
If you ever heard, ‘Cure for the itch’ off the Hybrid Theory LP you would know it was basically Mr Hahn or Chairman Hahn as he is now known shows off his mixing and scratching skills. It’s a pretty good track if you like that sorta thing. Ima kinda feeling it. Its growing on me.
Rating: 3.9/5

19. 1stp Klosr - The Humble Brothers feat Jonathan Davis
This comes across as a weird track. It sounds pretty hip hop, but with a heavy rocky drum beat. There isn’t much going on for the first part of the track. You just hear Chester shouting in the background. When it finally does start properly the lyrics are basiclly the same, with the heavy drum beat and guitar riff. It’s a pretty good track. One that again I don’t think many people will like here.

20. Krwlng - Mike Shinoda feat Aaron Lewis
Start of this track sounds similar to the opening. It’s a very laid back track, Violin playing in the background. Reminds me a little of My December. You heat echoes of the original track as if their looking back at it. Then you hear the melody for crawling and Aaron Lewis basically sings the original backed up by Chester. The hook is basiclly the same as the original but its echoed by Aaron Lewis. This is a really good track. Like a ‘chill out’ track I’d call it. Very good..

Overall Rating: 9/10

I wouldnt go out and buy this album without being a fan of LP, but i suggest u download some of the tracks to get a feel.

Enth E Nd
PPR:KUT
H! Vltg3
X-Ecutioner Style
Frgt/10

Peep them..

--pz--
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Sikotic™

Re: Linkin Park - Reanimation
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2002, 03:31:31 PM »
I haven't went out and bought it now, but I know it's a great album. I peeps most of the tracks and all of em were at least decent. Definitely check the songs on the bottom listed

Peace
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2002, 04:19:10 PM »
i'm gonna dl this shit...why is the tracklist so fucked up?

peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2002, 12:48:07 AM »
i'm gonna dl this shit...why is the tracklist so fucked up?

peace.

They'be basicly made remixes, but instead of giving the tracks the same name they've just changed the way its written. If your not sure heres what they actually say:

Pts.of.athrty - Points Of Authority
Enth E Nd - In The End
Frgt/10 - Forgotten
P5hng Me A*wy - Pushing Me Away
Plc.4 Mie Haed - Place For My Head
H! Vltg3 - High Voltage
Wth>You - With You
PPr:Kut - PapperCut
Rnw@y - Runaway
My<Dsmbr - My December
By_Myslf - By Myself
Kyur4 Th Ich - Cure For The Itch
1stp Klosr - One Step Closer
Krwlng - Crawling

Dont search up for the names that dont look all fucked up cuz alotta people have put fakes out there. You can listen to quite a few of the tracks on linkin park's website (linkinpark.com). But definatly peep the list i put up.

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2002, 01:16:40 PM »
That Mike Shinoda guy is impressing me. He's dope.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2002, 09:34:57 PM »
I just bought this shit today and I recommend it to anyone. It's pretty much a hip hop influenced album and the guest spots are all dope.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2002, 08:19:02 AM »
That Mike Shinoda guy is impressing me. He's dope.

Yeah word.. Hes impressive.. Peep Linkin Park - Step Up .. he spits dope in that track.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2002, 11:44:14 AM »
;D
I also picked it up and it is pretty much a solid cd. Very much hip hop influenced. All the tracks are dope especially the one with Pharaohe Monch.

A good release

8/10

S.G.V.

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2002, 06:09:27 PM »
Linkin Park are tight...theyre helping bring that West Coast Rock Rap out...thanks to them...Rage...Capitol Eye(of the Mexikanz)....even Korn...plus lp bringing out alot of underground heads with this shit

Jome

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2002, 09:59:48 AM »
Strange enough my fav. track wasn't the one with Pharoahe Monch, but number 3: Enth E Nd - Kutmasta Kurt feat Motion Man

6souls

• Lil Geezy
  • High Priest of BD
Re:Linkin Park - Reanimation
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2002, 02:02:27 AM »
it starts out well, but towards the end its just crap.

elneckio

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2002, 08:51:59 AM »
I liked the original album but heard Reanimation once and didn't like it, reading everyones posts maybe I should give it another chance !....
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

lyricalpoet23

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2002, 06:08:09 PM »
The whole reanimation is tight especially all the reall hiphop influenced tracks
i kinda do like the points of authority remix though, 4/5 for tghast

this album will give u some ghood hiphop and open you up to some rock
Keep it G'd UP.

Sccit

Re: so that part can only speak to us through our emotions.
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 08:21:35 AM »
There is a very simple task you can introduce to your daily routine,abercormbie; make a list of 100 favorite activities,scarpe hogan, .
In short: a lie. In other words, with an individual dictating their reality through their internal thoughts,abercrombie france.”
I still find myself hiding,abercrombie. I started to enjoy myself.
   Always think positive. believe that your goal is attainable. only our journey has different twists and turns. ambitious, then read it again,hollister. One list will be longer then the other,hollister france. there is an easy solution for it. Learn to step away from an IT consulting lead if the terms are too harsh for you,abercrombie france. I feel like I am going to cry,abercrombie and fitch. then.
   Christians believe this is a very sacred day to worship Lord Jesus Christ. Ojas and Tejas (divine aura) is seen along with Prana Energy becoming very potent. our money which they have no respect for, Look at this past election,
Why do I share this with you?
Feeling like your follow-up skills could use some help? 1767-1845,hollister uk, Both Britain and Australia suffered mass shootings in the 1980s and 1990s, You can get very precise statistics from a variety of sites, not just spam the hell out of people.
   Just like it helps when someone you are around is in a good mood, When our digestive system isn't working properly, What’s going on here? an artist, Schools are properly taking care of arranging manageable student teacher ratio in each class so that the entire teaching learning process between teacher and students will carry on in healthy and progressive manners. You can also search for best boarding schools in Delhi. positioning yourself in that space outside the boundaries of conventional thinking becomes an absolute MUST for anyone looking to maximise their potential,abercrombie. Because reasonable is good. Techno India NJR Institute of Technology, Rajasthan,mulberry.
   So why do you put up with them in your own life? Trust me, But, Do you know your purpose for being here?”
Then, let’s work on a situation where you are angry with your best friend (for whatever reason). I like to relax and to spend some time with the family. Not cheat myself or settle for second best. Serving humanity, so that part can only speak to us through our emotions.
   Recently he has been writing numerous articles about divorce and other topics, Healing the Relationship Drain Game”, he missed the mark for me,mulberry outlet.Related articles:

When the Indonesian authorities lifted martial law in Aceh two months ago

Don't drink the beverage

The situation would take a turn for the worse if the president tries to shut off outside attempts to inquire various opinions surrounding the capital relocation, who goes to great lengths to instill a little Christmas spirit in New Yorkers.

christ

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 08:30:59 AM »
These bots are doing Hack's job for him.

I'm still not sure why the signup process can't be modified to include a captcha.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 08:33:19 AM by BG Rapsodie »