Author Topic: R. Kelly "Happy People"  (Read 1170 times)

BL7

Re:R. Kelly "Happy People"
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2004, 10:38:27 AM »
 ;)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2004, 11:01:01 AM »
I didn't he had no songs not about sex. stack up all his "sex" songs against all his non sex songs and you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm not pejudice. I own every R. Kelly album, although I currently can't find "Born into the 90s", and I have listened thoroughly, and I don't think he's all that good. If you do that's fine, I just doubt you'd feel that if you listen to as much music as I do. I could be wrong.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2004, 11:23:56 AM »
I didn't he had no songs not about sex. stack up all his "sex" songs against all his non sex songs and you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm not pejudice. I own every R. Kelly album, although I currently can't find "Born into the 90s", and I have listened thoroughly, and I don't think he's all that good. If you do that's fine, I just doubt you'd feel that if you listen to as much music as I do. I could be wrong.

don't worry look out for his next song "little girls"

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

phoneix66

• 'G'
  • "The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2004, 11:28:45 AM »
The Legendary Roots Crew
http://www.theroots.com

Woodrow

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2004, 01:44:31 PM »
So who did he rape?

Don Breezio

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2004, 08:52:14 PM »

1) if you don't like r. kelly why do you own all his albums?
2) yeah im not disagreeing he has a lot of songs about sex...but why single him out as singing about nothing but sex? the guy has tons of material and tons of songs that arent about sex.
3) i would bet MY LIFE that i listen to just as much and probably more music than you do.

The Ghost When I Zone Off

• 'G'
  • whatup whatup whatup whatup
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2004, 09:29:24 PM »
R. Kelly is shitting on everyone nowadays.

...And apparently pissing too ;D

aka Gas and a Match aka Don't let your girl in the club or we're all gonna fuck her!

Don Breezio

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2004, 09:32:52 PM »
R. Kelly is shitting on everyone nowadays.

...And apparently pissing too ;D

lmao

dexter

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2004, 05:01:51 PM »
Can we all just get along?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2004, 11:06:30 PM »

1) if you don't like r. kelly why do you own all his albums?
2) yeah im not disagreeing he has a lot of songs about sex...but why single him out as singing about nothing but sex? the guy has tons of material and tons of songs that arent about sex.
3) i would bet MY LIFE that i listen to just as much and probably more music than you do.

1) I used to buy a lot of shit thst I don't like any more.

2) the ratio of sex songs to non sex songs is what I was talking about.

3) Lets go album for album genre for genre. I've got it everything from 30s and 40s blues (Robert Johnson, Howlin Wolf), to 40s country (Hank Williams), to 50s Rock nRoll (Elvis, Chuck Berry, Roy Orbison), To 50s RnB (Jackie Wilson), to 60s folk rock (BOB DYLAN), and its predesesor 30s and 40s folk (Pete Seeger, Woody Guthrie). Lets not forget the British invasion (Beatles, Stones, The Who), and the west coast sounds (beach boys, eagles). Also the begginings of metal (led zeppelin, black sabbath). Of course I absolutely have to mention THE BOSS (saved Rock n Roll from self destruction). If you'd like me to keep going just let me know.

and oh yeah I even have a bit of that garbage people call rap, just a few hundred albums of it.

I buy and listen to a lot of music I don't think any of it really sucks (not even hip hop), but I realize whats better and whats worse, and R Kelly couldn't hold a candle to any of the artists I mentioned above, that doesn't mean he's not good, it just means he's not as good as "you" would like to believe.

Don Breezio

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2004, 11:23:06 PM »
i dont listen to stuff like that...but most of that stuff has nothing to do with r. kelly

as far as you're ratio of sex songs to non sex songs goes...i already told you he has more sex songs...but seriously...why trip over that? if you're gonna trip over r. kelly having a lot of sex songs why not bash cypress hill for having a lot of weed songs...or redman or method man for the same thing...or WSCG for having songs about nothing but gang banging...you have to take music into context...you can't buy a chingy album expecting it to sound like classic run dmc

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2004, 12:03:41 AM »
i dont listen to stuff like that...but most of that stuff has nothing to do with r. kelly

as far as you're ratio of sex songs to non sex songs goes...i already told you he has more sex songs...but seriously...why trip over that? if you're gonna trip over r. kelly having a lot of sex songs why not bash cypress hill for having a lot of weed songs...or redman or method man for the same thing...or WSCG for having songs about nothing but gang banging...you have to take music into context...you can't buy a chingy album expecting it to sound like classic run dmc

You said you'd bet your life. Well where is it?

Seriously though I wasn't tripping, I don't hate R. Kelly. My original post wasn't meant to be taken so literally, but comedic tone doesn't come across too well over the internet. I'm sorry. However those rap artists you mentioned are more or less one dimensional, and even though I put hip hop pretty low on the qulity chain of music, I would have a problem if someone said any of those mentioned were the king of rap, like someone posted with R Kelly and RnB.

You said you don't listen to stuff like that, I advise you to give it a shot, you might like it. A couple of years ago I could't have seen myself listening to anything but Hip Hop, but now I sometimes wonder how I ever did listen to it in the first place, particularly the current stuff. Rap is what it is, rhyming over samples, to me it lacks the soul that is ever so present in classic rock n roll, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN IS AMAZING. sorry had to throw that in there. The closest i've seen a rapper come to soulful was the late great Tupac Shakur.

Don Breezio

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2004, 12:10:59 AM »
yeah you seemed really literal...but thats ok...anyways as far as me not listening to that stuff...i don't mean i dont listen to any of it i just don't listen to a lot of it...i consider myself one of the most open minded people on this board as far as music goes...there isn't a whole lot of music i don't like...the only artists out there i really don't like is 50 cent, the white stripes/hives/vines/etc..., and country music in general (and even some of that i do like).

but what i do listen to looks something like this...here are a few excerpts from my cd list:

1 Giant Leap
•   Self Titled
•   Soundsystem
3 Doors Down
•   Away From The Sun
Afu Ra
•   Life Force Radio
Ali Vegas
•   Heir To The Throne (Hosted By DJ On Point)
American Hi-Fi
•   The Art Of Losing
Anthony Hamilton
•   Coming From Where I’m From
Brand New
•   Deja Entendu
Bravehearts
•   Bravehearted
Brother Ali
•   Shadows On The Sun
BT
•   Emotional Technology
•   Movement In Still Life
Crystal Method, The
•   Tweekend
CunninLynguists
•   Will Rap For Food
Custom
•   Fast
Good Charlotte
•   Self Titled
•   The Young & The Hopeless
Goodie Mob
•   Dirty South Classics
Immortal Technique
•   Revolutionary Vol. 1
•   Revolutionary Vol. 2
Incubus
•   A Crow Left Of The Murder (w/ Bonus DVD)
•   Enjoy Incubus (EP)
•   Fungus Amongus
•   Live At Lollapalooza 2003
•   Make Yourself
•   Morning View (w/ Bonus DVD)
•   S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

Matchbox Twenty
•   More Than You Think You Are
Matches, The
•   E. Von Dahl Killed The Cat
Memphis Bleek
•   M.A.D.E.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2004, 07:42:56 AM »
The latest White stripes album is actually very good. I'm surprised you don't like them.
Good Charlotte?????

eS El Duque

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2004, 10:39:15 AM »
The latest White stripes album is actually very good. I'm surprised you don't like them.
Good Charlotte?????

Well, he hates white stripes and listens to GOod Charlotte and Evanescence...he loses all cred in that music catagory :)

But props for listening to Immortal Technique/Brother Ali...thats about all i can say  ;D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 10:39:55 AM by eS El Duque »