Author Topic: Immortal Technique  (Read 620 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Immortal Technique
« on: April 17, 2004, 08:34:15 PM »
This guys an idiot. Its clear that he's well read and intelligent, but he's an idiot. He's so angry, at just about everyone and every thing. And he uses his education as a tool to corrupt the young minds of all those that listen to him. He takes historical half truths and assumptions and presnts them as cold hard facts, it's even worse than Nas's third verse in "I Can". Okay so thee world isn't fair, news flash, it never was. These afro-centric morons have it implanted in their heads that Africa was this Utopia where everyone got along together as kings and queens, and invented "everything". Now I wasn't in Africa before the white man came their, but human beings are human beings, and the successful ones more often than not are evil. To think that black people were immune to "the devil" before the whites introduced him to them is ridiculous.

Does any body actually like this guy. Don't get me wrong he's a very powerful lyricist and a good rapper, And =entitled to his opinion and fredom to voice it, but he's an idiot.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Immortal Technique
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 09:01:34 PM »
Immortal Technique isn't a Pan-Africanist at all, nor does he blame everything on the White man. He's not even Black. But I do agree with some of what you said, relating to some other artists.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

eS El Duque

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 09:05:57 PM »
he's not black......was born IN Columbia...he's the 'illest latino' and doesn't ahve to buy his own album like 'benzino'  ;)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 10:31:37 PM »
My bad. I've never seen him, I just figured he was black. If hes latino why does he use the word nigger so much. The spanish had just as much to do with the capture and enslavement of the blacks as any other european power, they just ended up losing the power they once had.

The guys message is still stupid though.

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2004, 11:01:47 PM »
My bad. I've never seen him, I just figured he was black. If hes latino why does he use the word nigger so much. The spanish had just as much to do with the capture and enslavement of the blacks as any other european power, they just ended up losing the power they once had.

The guys message is still stupid though.

i thought he was half black half latino...and lots of latino's use that word...anyway...i think the guys a genius

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2004, 11:13:02 PM »
I guess I was wondering why Latinos use the word period, not just him.

Genius? How so? Isaac Newton was a genius, Immortal Technique? I don't think so.

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2004, 11:15:17 PM »
I guess I was wondering why Latinos use the word period, not just him.

Genius? How so? Isaac Newton was a genius, Immortal Technique? I don't think so.

he's not a genius intelligence wise he's a genius in the way he presents himself...there is no other emcee out there that has had offers from just about every major record label and won't sign to one. he says what he wants and i think he's a genius for that...even eminem has never fully said what he wanted.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2004, 11:40:29 PM »
I highly doubt he's received any real offers, with lots of money involved. You can't sell the guy to the masses even if he did tone down his lyrics. That style of hip hop doesn't make money in the main stream. And if he was offered a major contract and was allowed to say what he says then he's an even bigger idiot than I thought, for not spreading his "message" to large numbers and make more money than he's ever seen. He could even give it to the poor if he wanted. Besides I heard a track by him where he does is complain about how the industry doesn't know how to market "intelligent" hip hop. So, and i'm not asking sarcastically, what does he say he wants?

and "even Eminem" ? he's an idiot too. Sure he's atelented rapper but that doesn't mean anything as far as what kind of person he is. The problem with most music fans is they never seem to separate the person from the rapper. Even though I don't know who "the person" is, I don't hold any rappere too highly as far as the person they are or were, not even Tupac. I like Immortal Technique, the rapper, same goes for Eminem, I just don't agree with what they say. In the same regard I hate Mase, the rapper, but admire the man for leaving the evils of the game for the lord (unless he comes back).

eS El Duque

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2004, 12:01:00 AM »
you call immortal technique and eminem idiots? right...shows how smart you are :)

Immortal Technique has the ability to go commercial..he's got the flow and style

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2004, 08:37:52 AM »
He was born in Peru and I'm pretty sure he has no black in him at all.

The reason he's an idiot is that he gets in the beef at ughh.com and makes e-threats.

He's still one of my favourite underground MCs.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2004, 09:18:49 AM »
bullshit, neither is he a idiot  ::) nor is he a racist.
Im pretty easy affected by racist lyrics, unlike most white ppl here, but not even I feel uncomfortable with Technique's Lyrics.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2004, 11:16:48 AM »
bullshit, neither is he a idiot  ::) nor is he a racist.
Im pretty easy affected by racist lyrics, unlike most white ppl here, but not even I feel uncomfortable with Technique's Lyrics.

It's not the racism that bothers, although racism does bother me. It's how he presents unproven ideas as stone cold facts. I'm a white guy, however I live in a predominately black area, and I notice the effect these so called smart rappers have on younger black children, whether Immortal is black or not is irrelevent. To be evil and corupt is to be human. And to blame all evil on whites is stupid. And that is what happens with these children, they listen to Nas's I can, or Rass Kass's nature of threat and they think that if they had been in Africa before the White man that they would be royalty. It is a white mans world right now, i do not question that, but the number of white men that it belongs to is minimal. I'm white and I know plenty of blacks that live better than i do economically, I also know plenty of whites that live like shit. It isn't a White vs non White thing its a rich vs everyone else thing. And no matter where you go in whatever time it has always been and will probably always be like that. When I try to explain this to my black friends who have been so easily manipulted by the propaganda they dismiss as either tricked by white america or as a racist white devil.

Once again everyone is entitled to voice their opinion, I just hope those rappers realize that the message they are spreading is no different than the message they are trying to destroy. You can't fight propanda with propaganda and expect any good to come out of it.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2004, 04:19:15 PM »
name some of the ideas he presents according to you as stone cold facts when they arent.

the devil grows inside the hearts of the selfish and wicked
white, brown, yellow and black color is not restricted
  - anyone?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2004, 05:39:50 PM »
I'm going to sit and listen to his latest album and look through every part I believe to be false. I may take a while but I'll get back to you.

Glendale

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2004, 07:04:40 PM »
ras kass' toothpick or whatever..where the hell did u get your info?? peru and all latin?? thats all a fuckin lie buddy. Tech was born in COLUMBIA like the other dude above said, (not peru??) and he is half black and half latin. im 100% sure.
"Got niggas head's dividin faster than nerds at a calculus convention/see i school niggas, then i afterschool niggas like detention." -  Ras Kass   

"You got Soldiers, but you still Gotta respect ours, We got more 'Four Fives and Nines' than A deck of cards" - L. Banks