Author Topic: DJ Quik - Balance & Options  (Read 995 times)

That_Cracka_J

DJ Quik - Balance & Options
« on: July 31, 2002, 12:23:11 PM »
DJ Quik – Change the Game

1. Change the game…Crisp production opens up the album.  Two tight verses delivered by Quik and one by Mausberg.  Good hook.  3.5/5
2. Did y’all feel dat?…Smooth production and Quik matches his flow perfectly to it.  Great hook.  Mausberg is featured here for a good verse.  4/5
3. We came to play…Great production.  I love the hook.  Both AMG and Quik lay down nice vocals.  4/5
4. Pitch on a party…Quik tells a funny story of throwing a party.  Good hook and decent production.  3.5/5
5. I don’t wanna party wit U…Smooth production.  Quik has a dope flow and content on the track.  He’s clowin’ on the chorus.  4/5
6. Motex records…interlude
7. Sexuality…The only thing that is decent with the track is the chorus.  The beat turns me off on the song.  The lyrics are alright.  2/5
8. How come?…This song is filled with some great lyrical content.  Dope chorus and the production fits the song perfectly.  4/5
9. U ain’t fresh…Quik’s opening verse is hilarious.  Track features Ham and Erick Sermon.  Good production.  3.5/5
10.   Roger’s groove…Laidback Roger-delivered vocals.  It’s a “gotta be in the mood” track.  3.5/5
11.   Motex records II…interude
12.   Quikker said than dunn…Quik re-does Eazy-E’s “Eazy-er said than dunn”, and gives it his own touch.  The beat still sounds basically the same, with a slight change.  3.5/5
13.   Straight from the streets…interlude
14.   Speak on it…Features Mausberg and AMG.  An average all around track.  3/5
15.   Do wutcha want…Good production.  Digital Underground appear with Quik and AMG.  3.5/5
16.   Well…Laidback beat that sounds more like an R&B track.  Good hook by Raphael Saadiq.  3.5/5
17.   Quik’s groove V…I don’t rate instrumentals.
18.   Do I love her?…Production is bland, except when the chorus comes in.  Quik’s verse sounds lazy, but Suga Free’s verse is good.  3/5
19.   Tha divorce song…This is just an R&B track which does not feature Quik.  It features James DeBarge.  The beat is good, but overall, worth skipping.  2/5
20.   Balance & options…outro

OVERALL…3.5/5

As always with DJ Quik, the production is good, except it lacks here and there on “Balance & Options”.  Overall, though, the production isn’t quite up to par with what we’ve come to expect from Quik.  Still, a decent effort from a great rapper and dope producer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Dr._Funkenstein

Re: DJ Quik - Balance & Options
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2002, 01:18:39 PM »
I almost agree but "Pitch In On A Party" is a classic to me. The skits are pretty pointless though.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DJ Quik - Balance & Options
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2002, 05:34:56 PM »
i don't think i'd pick this up especially after this rating of 3.5...because you gave the other one 4.25 and i thought it deserved a little lower...so this might only be like a 3  or 3.25 to me...but i guess i'd have to hear it to judge it myself...good job on the review overall homie, you make the review section worth checking every day, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :