Author Topic: So much for listening to Eminem and D-12.. I can't overlook this  (Read 1032 times)

smerlus

Re:So much for listening to Eminem and D-12.. I can't overlook this
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2004, 03:12:36 PM »
Eminem came out before I was even Muslim, back in highschool.  Back in the days when I was just looking for the next thing to stimulate my mind and escape from whatever my current reality was.  I never cared about all the offensive material on his records.  

Even after all the changes in my life I still have love for hip-hop.  I was still interested to hear anything new from Eminem. But one of his records finally offended me.  In the new D-12 album there's a line where (Swift, I think) says something like "I'll even shoot at a Muslim too".  So I took the cd and threw it out the window.  So much for Eminem.

dickhead

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2004, 05:34:31 PM »
Ibrahim, it's not that serious. I never much liked D-12, so this has no standing with me. I can see being a bit offended, but with shock artists like D-12 you should take everything said with a grain of salt.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Jome

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2004, 05:49:24 PM »
LMAO.. hilarious.

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2004, 08:06:25 PM »
Eminem came out before I was even Muslim, back in highschool.  Back in the days when I was just looking for the next thing to stimulate my mind and escape from whatever my current reality was.  I never cared about all the offensive material on his records.  

Even after all the changes in my life I still have love for hip-hop.  I was still interested to hear anything new from Eminem. But one of his records finally offended me.  In the new D-12 album there's a line where (Swift, I think) says something like "I'll even shoot at a Muslim too".  So I took the cd and threw it out the window.  So much for Eminem.

You used to tell me "They're just words", the hypocricy has finally arrived.  

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2004, 11:24:20 PM »
Infinite, you know I'm the homie and all, but I think it's time you seek some help (I don't mean that in a bad way)...Even the Muslims on this board shot down your argument without hesitating...Sorry man, but the way you're isolating yourself is not healthy at all. :-\

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2004, 11:53:50 PM »
LOL....big deal.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Citizen-Y

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2004, 12:58:50 AM »
go get aids and die in a ditch

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2004, 06:23:52 AM »
lol...what a fool

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2004, 06:35:20 AM »
what about that song on their first album where bizare says

'i'll make a muslim die his hair blond/make a redneck start reading the koran'

infinite59

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2004, 07:19:17 AM »
what about that song on their first album where bizare says

'i'll make a muslim die his hair blond/make a redneck start reading the koran'

I don't remember that song.  But what's wrong with a Muslim dying his hair blonde?  When I was on Hajj I saw many Muslims there with blonde hair.  Just look at the Chechans in Russia.  And I'd love to see redneck's reading the Holy Qu'ran, it is a message for all of humanity.

Bizzare has another line even worse in the 1rst album where he says, "Reading the Holy Qu'ran/ while I'm on the john".  But that doesn't bother me either, because everyone has the right to denounce Islam.

It is a different issue altogether when someone is identifying themselves as an enemy to Islam and bragging "I would even shoot a Muslim too".  I can't overlook that.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 07:22:08 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2004, 07:41:41 AM »
He just means that he'd kill ANY1,even a muslim.Nuthin wrong wit that.He could've gave any race than muslim & it would still mean the same,cause ANY1 is ANY1,jewish,muslim,white,black whatever,I bet u still wont get it.

eS El Duque

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2004, 08:07:03 AM »
its on the D-12 - BNU song...which didn't evne make the album PROBABLY becuase of that line

Swift says (i think its swift)  "What the fuck you niggaz think? I can shoot at muslims too"

Whole verse he spits out he can shoot/kill a person...what if he says "I can shoot at nuns too"?

you're a fuckin idiot...i bet you anything they got muslim friends..i've sent this track to other muslims i know..they don't care, they say its nothing. not like they hate muslims, eminem and d-12 would be stupid too

Don Breezio

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2004, 11:13:23 AM »
dang man...lighten up on this religion stuff...and that line about reading the holy qu'ran while im on the john...so what? what if i wanted to read the bible while dropping off the kids at the pool? is there something wrong with that?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2004, 11:55:21 AM »
I guess he's refering to the soldiers in iraq.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2004, 01:29:30 PM »
hahaha