Author Topic: Islam and Women  (Read 240 times)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Islam and Women
« on: April 19, 2004, 04:38:40 AM »
One of the few things i don't like about Islam is Polygamy. It's a straightforward statement that women are below men and that they're less important. I don't think think there's any denying this, but then Mormons also allow polygamy. i think women should be considered equals  in their rights and merit across the world because what would men be without women, and what would women be without men? we're inter-dependent, and therefore should treat women equally. I'm a guy, and i don't like feminists, but i think that the idea that women are second class, or that they're just there to wash dishes and have sex is old fashined.  Anyway, i went Waaay off topic of the title of this post, but i just wanna see some feedback from everyone
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

infinite59

Re:Islam and Women
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 06:47:06 AM »
I noticed you named yourself after Snoop.  I've never once seen a post from anyone objecting to Snoop or any rappers promiscuity, but yet I've seen dozens of posts about Muslims or Mormons having more than one woman.  

Yet, when a Muslim man desires more than one woman, he is looking to make a marriage proposal.  Thus, under Islamic law the woman's rights are always protected.  The man has a great responsibility to treat her fairly and provide, protect and maintain for her and any children she brings into the marriage.  This is generally only practiced amongst the wealthy class who have the means to provide sufficiently for more than one wife.  

Muslims only interact with females under the institution of marriage, thus it is clean, regulated, and fair.  This is a great contrast to the Western concept of sleeping with dozens of women before you finally get married and divorced, married, adultry, married-divorced.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 06:48:42 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 06:50:42 AM »
Mormons don't allow polygamy.

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 06:57:30 AM »
Mormons don't allow polygamy.

The founder of the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) had many wives, as did many of his followers.  Many years later they fell under political pressure to denounce this practice.  So they did, and Trauma can explain why they did better than I.

In Islam, we can't change our way of life because we believe the Holy Qu'ran to be the last of revealed messages, and Allah has promised us in the Qu'ran that this final message from Allah will never be altered or changed.

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 06:57:30 AM »

Muslims only interact with females under the institution of marriage, thus it is clean, regulated, and fair.  This is a great contrast to the Western concept of sleeping with dozens of women before you finally get married and divorced, married, adultry, married-divorced.

and you think affairs etc dont happen in the "muslim world".. ohh thats right.. you haven't a clue what you're talking about since you don't actually live there!

every religion has pretty much the same  anti sex before marriage / anti adultery rules...

to sin is human..

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 07:00:01 AM »
muslim women don't have equal voting rights, their told to dress a certain way and are generally surpressed in muslim states and there is no denying that

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

infinite59

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 07:00:37 AM »

and you think affairs etc dont happen in the "muslim world".. ohh thats right.. you haven't a clue what you're talking about since you don't actually live there!

every religion has pretty much the same  anti sex before marriage / anti adultery rules...

to sin is human..

Actually, I have travelled in the Muslim world, and even in America just in my city alone we have a community of 15,000 Muslims.  I have not heard of one incident yet of a Muslim commiting adultry.  I'm sure it's happened before, but it is very rare.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 07:01:20 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

infinite59

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2004, 07:05:05 AM »
muslim women don't have equal voting rights, their told to dress a certain way and are generally surpressed in muslim states and there is no denying that

Why is it always a problem when a woman wants to wear more clothes?  Do you know why they are doing this?  My wife wears whatever she wants to inside the house, because she reserves her beauty for her husband.  When she goes out in public she covers and dresses modestly as a protection for our marriage and the society as a whole.  Nobody makes her.  She does it because she cares about pleasing her husband and pleasing Allah.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 07:05:44 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2004, 07:07:06 AM »
no its not, neither is spousal abuse. but its kept under wraps to preserve family 'honour'.

men can get away with a lot, and the women suffer in silence.

well done for picking the most obnoxious vile religion mankind has yet to CREATE

Woodrow

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2004, 07:10:09 AM »
Atoning for adultery with 'martyrdom'

JERUSALEM — A Palestinian mother of two small children, who killed four Israelis by blowing herself up at a border crossing, carried out the suicide bombing to atone for having committed adultery.

The attack last week marked the first time the militant group Hamas had used a female bomber, part of an evolving belief that women who are disgraced by sexual activity outside marriage can "purify" themselves by becoming "martyrs," Israeli security officials said.

The officials, who closely monitor the evolving ideology of the Islamic militant organization, spoke to reporters in the wake of Wednesday's attack by 22-year-old Reem Raiyshi.

Raiyshi left her 18-month-old daughter, Doha, and her 3-year-old son, Obedia, and blew herself up at the Erez crossing between the Gaza Strip and Israel, killing three soldiers and a private Israeli security guard.

The Israeli newspaper Yediot Ahronot first reported that the woman was compelled to carry out the attack as atonement for betraying her husband with another man.

According to the report, based on Israeli military sources, Raiyshi's husband is a Hamas operative who urged her to carry out the suicide mission.

The Associated Press, citing Israeli security officials, reported yesterday that Raiyshi was an adulteress forced to carry out the attack to restore her family's honor.

It is not uncommon for Palestinian women accused of adultery, or of having sex before marriage, to be killed by their families trying to rid themselves of perceived disgrace.

The officials told AP on condition of anonymity that Raiyshi's illicit lover recruited her, giving her the suicide bomb belt. Palestinian security officials said her husband drove her to Erez to carry out the attack.

After the bombing, Raiyshi's family refused to speak to reporters, a rarity in these cases, and did not set up a mourning tent for her.

Her brother-in-law, Yousef Awad, said the bomber and her husband had had a huge argument with the family two months ago and had not been seen since. He refused to elaborate.

Hamas spiritual leader Sheik Ahmed Yassin told reporters in the Gaza Strip yesterday that the militant group would look to women to step up and fulfill their "obligations." He suggested male bombers were increasingly being held back by Israeli security measures.

Hamas had in the past referred women volunteering for suicide missions to other organizations like Islamic Jihad.

Recently, however, the Hamas leadership has come to support such use in the case of women who have "desecrated family honor."

According to Israeli television's Channel Two, a new theology is emerging about female suicide bombers among some Palestinian Muslim clerics.

Male "martyrs" who blow themselves up in suicide attacks are already promised a place in paradise alongside 72 dark-eyed virgins.

According to Arab affairs analyst Ehud Ya'ari, the women are promised to dwell forever alongside the husband or fiance they have left behind.

http://www.washtimes.com/world/20040120-121444-6737r.htm

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2004, 01:17:43 PM »
Technically polygamy should be allowed in Christianity and Judaism as well, since the neither the Torah nor New Testament forbid polygamy. At least the Qu'ran puts limits on it. In my opinion, I don't believe much in polygamy. I think that the Qu'ran allows polygamy because at the time it was revealed, polygamy was common, so it would have been difficult to make the people go from being allowed to have many wives to having only 1. Thus, the limit keeps the number down.

Then again, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2004, 03:23:35 PM »
1) it dont seem to be a lot of love involved w/ muslim marriges
2) Infinite ur so closeminded and naive, like Overseer is so right, u think muslims live this "perfect life" and never cheat, beat, steal, lie...ETC.... bull fuckin shit, ....
3) i also belive equality for men and women, the human race is nothing without the combination of them both

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2004, 10:42:16 PM »
Technically polygamy should be allowed in Christianity and Judaism as well, since the neither the Torah nor New Testament forbid polygamy. At least the Qu'ran puts limits on it. In my opinion, I don't believe much in polygamy. I think that the Qu'ran allows polygamy because at the time it was revealed, polygamy was common, so it would have been difficult to make the people go from being allowed to have many wives to having only 1. Thus, the limit keeps the number down.

Mark 10:6-9
"God made them male and female. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother, and the two shall become one flesh; so they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

I don't see where polygamy fits in to that statement.

ArmoLeb24

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2004, 06:36:18 PM »

Mark 10:6-9
"God made them male and female. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother, and the two shall become one flesh; so they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

I don't see where polygamy fits in to that statement.

How about this:

Matthew 25:1-13 from the NIV Bible:
The Parable of the Ten Virgins

1. "At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2. Five of them were foolish and five were wise.
3. The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.
4. The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.
5. The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
6. "At midnight the cry rang out: 'Here's the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!'
7. "Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.
8. The foolish ones said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.'
9. " 'No,' they replied, 'there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.'
10. "But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.
11. "Later the others also came. 'Sir! Sir!' they said. 'Open the door for us!'
12. "But he replied, 'I tell you the truth, I don't know you.'
13. "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

ArmoLeb24

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2004, 06:49:05 PM »
HERE ARE SOME QUOTES FROM THE BIBLE:

Exodus 21:7-8 "And in case a man should sell his daughter as a slave girl, she will not go out in the way that the slave men go out.  If she is displeasing in the eyes of her master so that he doesn't designate her as a concubine but causes her to be redeemed, he will not be entitled to sell her to a foreign people in his treacherously dealing with her."

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 "And in case men struggle together (in a fight) with one another, and the wife of the one has come near to deliver her husband out of the striking one (to save her husband), and she has thrust out her hand and grabbed hold of his private (the other man's groin), she must then get both her hands cut off, and the eyes of the men must feel no sorrow."

Leviticus 21:9  "And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire."

Ecclesiastes 25:22  "Of the woman came the beginning of sin, and through her we all die."

Ecclesiasticus 22:3 "....and the birth of ANY daughter is a loss"

Leviticus 12:2-5 "Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a MALE child: then she shall be unclean SEVEN DAYS; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean. And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying THIRTY THREE days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled. But if she bear a FEMALE child, then she shall be unclean TWO WEEKS, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying SIXTY SIX days."

Deuteronomy 22:28 "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver.  He must marry the girl, for he has violated her.  He can never divorce her as long as he lives.