Author Topic: DR.DRE'S WORST BEAT EVER  (Read 2921 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re:DR.DRE'S WORST BEAT EVER
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2004, 03:42:34 PM »
'Choke me,spank me (pull my hair)'

Very weak beat,though I think the track itself is quite funny

BTW,I can't understand why people disliked Mimi on 'Put it on me'...damn,I love that chorus! 8)

word, mimi brukz up the chorus

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2004, 04:08:29 PM »
shit I agree with that statement, but you catch alot of flack on this forum for saying shit like that . I'm surprized this thread didnt start a hate session as it is.

I really wasn't impressed with the beat he did for conway either. Seems like if your not on aftermath or if your not super hot your gonna get a dre leftover. Fuck all that I'd go get some heat from a lesser known producer before I'd pay dre for some bullshit ass track left over from one of j.j. fad's old sessions. ;D

If you are talkin bout "Nutcracka" that was a (very big, might I add) mistake, that was NOT Dre's beat.

Umm I donno, My dad's gone crazy was weak but it wasn't really supposed to be a good beat like that either.

I never heard many of the beats from The Firm, but Phone Tap was hard.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2004, 05:13:05 PM »
all the tracks he did for Eve is horrible, especially Satisfaction & Let Me Blow Ya Mind.... those two are definately the worst Dre beats ever IMO.

"Let Me Blow Ya Mind"?...I love that one too.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2004, 05:25:55 PM »
There were a lot of weak Dre beats on Thy Kingdom Come. I can't really single one out in particular. They were all mediocre except for maybe 1 or 2.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2004, 10:31:17 PM »
the beat he did for the rock group rolling stones was weak. I also hated that song he did for mary j blige.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2004, 11:12:09 PM »
I hated that Knoc/Missy beat too :(

One of the few tracks he did I couldn't stand. Wasn't feelin that beat he did with ODB a while back either.

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2004, 10:56:10 AM »
damn, I never new ol d b worked with dre!

Suga Foot

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2004, 09:53:08 PM »
Devin The Dude's "Yo Ho" sounds unfinished, (at least the version I have)  It's got no bass. :-\

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2004, 07:41:47 AM »
"Nas Is Coming" and most of the Firm shit he did didn't really impress me. And the worst beat on a Dre album IMO is definitely "Bitch Niggaz", I always found that one boring

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2004, 09:16:23 AM »
even though five minutes to flush was a remake beat i thought the song was kinda tight altogether, peace.

What you people don't understand is there are way more "remake" "beats" by Dre than there aren't. First off when some one refers to "the beat" of the song they are almost always refering to the drums on the track, or atleast some time of percussion. If this is what you people mean than disregard my next paragraph.

Here is what Dr. Dre does to fool all his fans that believe him to be a musical genius, (better than Beethoven in one poster's eyes). He pays for the rights of the publishing of songs, usually older songs, and often songs from over seas. Then he gets his in house musicians to replay the notes with their instruments, thus eliminating the cost for sampling, and also keeping any credit to the original composer from being displayed. However those original composers still get payed for their work. (Timbaland des the exact same thing). Now when the music for Dr. Dre produced tracks is not "stolen" it is created by his in house musicians. Dre says he either likes it or he does not like it.

Dre has a very good ear when it comes to music, but very little talent when it comes to actually creating it. So when the post asks what was the worst Dre beat ever I say "he's never made one"

Xan.G

• 'G'
  • clique
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2004, 09:48:16 AM »
that statement's prety blind sighted if u think about it logicly.

rap music has always really been about legal plagarisms, and so has near enough everything in life. Just because dre has taken a beat or tune from another media, remixed it with other things, added baselines played about on the piano & the drum machine etc, dosent mean he has never made a beat. you could go as far as saying drums have been played before, so mutha fukkers are just copying the first drummer dude or whatever.

anyway, in my opinion if you have a song, like it & think if i do this, that & the next thing then it's basicly your adaption of the song. and you can usually tell a dre beat, he always has his signature to it etc.

As i said at the begining, rap has always been aput plagarisms, the first dj's back in the 60s used to have they decks, play a popular tune at the time, add a baseline to it, have they breakdancer & an MC to rap along wit it.
Rap Producing has just evolved, and all this shiit people have about sueing because "oooh jujy, he copyed me"  thats str8 bull shiit, too many rich mutha fukkers rely on the kurupt justice system, with pepl usin they name, i'm loosin  bit of money & i wont be able to afford my gold plated toilete set this month...

anyway, dre it a prety good produces, he's had many years in the game, and is fo sure a guru type figure.

imo dj quikk is better tho lol, and i like alot of producers as much & more than dre.
but shiit, pepl should be happy they start trends, not pissed sumone copyed them...

-peace-

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2004, 09:23:00 AM »
that statement's prety blind sighted if u think about it logicly.

rap music has always really been about legal plagarisms, and so has near enough everything in life. Just because dre has taken a beat or tune from another media, remixed it with other things, added baselines played about on the piano & the drum machine etc, dosent mean he has never made a beat. you could go as far as saying drums have been played before, so mutha fukkers are just copying the first drummer dude or whatever.

anyway, in my opinion if you have a song, like it & think if i do this, that & the next thing then it's basicly your adaption of the song. and you can usually tell a dre beat, he always has his signature to it etc.

As i said at the begining, rap has always been aput plagarisms, the first dj's back in the 60s used to have they decks, play a popular tune at the time, add a baseline to it, have they breakdancer & an MC to rap along wit it.
Rap Producing has just evolved, and all this shiit people have about sueing because "oooh jujy, he copyed me"  thats str8 bull shiit, too many rich mutha fukkers rely on the kurupt justice system, with pepl usin they name, i'm loosin  bit of money & i wont be able to afford my gold plated toilete set this month...

anyway, dre it a prety good produces, he's had many years in the game, and is fo sure a guru type figure.

imo dj quikk is better tho lol, and i like alot of producers as much & more than dre.
but shiit, pepl should be happy they start trends, not pissed sumone copyed them...

-peace-

I know what hip hop is and what was all about. You seem to have confused what I said. First off I did not say the drums were taken, I said the drums were the only thing that were not taken. Second it is usually the bass line the Dre takes along with the rest of the music from the song. Third I never said he steals them, he buys the rights to use them.

If you heard the originals of some of the tracks the Dre songs wre taken from like I have you would be amazed, and would realize that Dre's signature is just some one else's. I remember when Chronic 2001 came out on the internet amd i played it for a friend who hated the west coast, and i was trying to convince how great Dre was at creating music. Then my heard "The Next Episode" immediately he dropprd the ear phones, and took me back to his house. He played for me a track from 97 or 98 by some of his friends, and the beat was absolutely identical to "The Next Episode", you could tell the instruments sounded a little different, but that was due to his friend directly sampling the original while Dre had his musicians replay it. That was the day I gave up on rap almost entirely.

Listen to Em's "My Name Is" and then listen to Labi Siffre's "I Got The" at abut 2 min in and you'll see how much Dre adds to the song. (if you can't find the latter, ill send it to you.)

West C. Connected

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2004, 09:56:23 AM »
all the tracks he did for Eve is horrible, especially Satisfaction & Let Me Blow Ya Mind.... those two are definately the worst Dre beats ever IMO.

"Let Me Blow Ya Mind"?...I love that one too.

Satisfaction was a dope beat too, it's on some old school shit.

the beat he did for the rock group rolling stones was weak. I also hated that song he did for mary j blige.

Both Family Affair and Not Today were both dope.

And S.G.V. is right about you peoplewith club songs. (Like Family Affair)

dpgkingpin

• 'G'
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2004, 03:10:50 AM »

I know what hip hop is and what was all about. You seem to have confused what I said. First off I did not say the drums were taken, I said the drums were the only thing that were not taken. Second it is usually the bass line the Dre takes along with the rest of the music from the song. Third I never said he steals them, he buys the rights to use them.

If you heard the originals of some of the tracks the Dre songs wre taken from like I have you would be amazed, and would realize that Dre's signature is just some one else's. I remember when Chronic 2001 came out on the internet amd i played it for a friend who hated the west coast, and i was trying to convince how great Dre was at creating music. Then my heard "The Next Episode" immediately he dropprd the ear phones, and took me back to his house. He played for me a track from 97 or 98 by some of his friends, and the beat was absolutely identical to "The Next Episode", you could tell the instruments sounded a little different, but that was due to his friend directly sampling the original while Dre had his musicians replay it. That was the day I gave up on rap almost entirely.

Listen to Em's "My Name Is" and then listen to Labi Siffre's "I Got The" at abut 2 min in and you'll see how much Dre adds to the song. (if you can't find the latter, ill send it to you.)

i have another example. try & listen to Roger/Zapp's "California Love" and then listen to the Dre & pac version. no differnce really! even dres intro lines are identical.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2004, 03:11:41 AM by dpgkingpin »

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2004, 06:46:53 AM »
I feel where yall are coming from but in dre's defense, is there really a difference in what he does compared to the way puff or kanye or any of these producers go about creating a beat? hip hops foundation was built on sampling. in my opinion dre's method earns him more credibility because at least he's got real musicians playing on the tracks when the other producers I mentioned drop a so called hot beat 9 times out of 10 it's just  a sample so they HAVE to give the credit. with the issues you have to go through to sample tracks I don't blame him for  doing this. remember the mess he went through with the truth hurts addictive?