Author Topic: DR.DRE'S WORST BEAT EVER  (Read 2923 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re:DR.DRE'S WORST BEAT EVER
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2004, 08:50:56 AM »
I feel where yall are coming from but in dre's defense, is there really a difference in what he does compared to the way puff or kanye or any of these producers go about creating a beat? hip hops foundation was built on sampling. in my opinion dre's method earns him more credibility because at least he's got real musicians playing on the tracks when the other producers I mentioned drop a so called hot beat 9 times out of 10 it's just  a sample so they HAVE to give the credit. with the issues you have to go through to sample tracks I don't blame him for  doing this. remember the mess he went through with the truth hurts addictive?

I by no means am trying to take away his credibility as a producer, I'm sure he's a fine producer he just isn't a music writer. People must understand that the role of the producer is not to create the musical accompaniment it is to guide the artist in making the best record he or she can.

The problem I have with every rap producer is when a song drops and I know it's sampled and someone on street won't shut up about what a sick beat this is and how that producer is a genius when any idiot can take a song loop the best part and let someone rap over it, and it will still be a sick beat. Hip Hop is and should always be about the lyrics, the background music's only purpose should be to bring life to those lyrics. We have a problem when the focus of hip hop is based around istrumentals created in the 70s, and no one even listens to the lyrics any more. Believe me it's going closer in that direction.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2004, 02:01:32 PM »
Vegaz ya boy DJ Quik did Addictive...So he stole it

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2004, 03:08:59 PM »
but ultimately it was on aftermath so dre had to pay the price. Dre had some problems with some of the beats he did  on eminem's 2nd C.D. I remember reading that  on mtv.com a year or so ago. It does get on my nerves when people don't aknowlege the fact that some of todays hottest tracks  are based around samples. It's actually one of my hobbies to collect the original samples that well known producers use for thier beats so I do understand where your coming from. I think dre uses this method not to discredit artists but for legal purposes. I also remember reading in vibe that dre can read music but I dont know if he can write it. All this is givig me an idea to do a mixtape with popular songs and the corresponding song that sampled it right after it.

Tha Crip

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2004, 03:34:13 PM »
Dre didnt do addictive....Quik got the production credits for it read the booklet or check out the vault for the credits......i also heard quik gave dat beat to Truth for her birthday.........the only thing dre did was MIX it.....although i think he did do a remix cuz i hav another version dat says DREs Version or something....kinda sounds the same but theres sum SYNTH shit in it so u could tell dre made dat version........so jus so U 2 know DRE DID NOT PRODUCED ADDICTIVE
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

West C. Connected

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2004, 03:51:09 PM »
Dre didnt do addictive....Quik got the production credits for it read the booklet or check out the vault for the credits......i also heard quik gave dat beat to Truth for her birthday.........

Dope birthday gift lol

KavorkianPorkian

• 'G'
  • Too Cute
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2004, 06:21:29 PM »
Muthaphucka'z Are Crazy If You Think "Nas Is Commin" Is The Worst Beat By Dr. Dre. I Think That And The Firm Shit Were Like The Begginin' On The Sound You Hear Today By Dre.  Befor Nas Was Commin' It Was G Funk.  Anyway The Worst Beat Dre Mad Was "The Set Up", The Real Slim Shady, My Name Is, And Guilty Conscince"

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2004, 02:31:29 AM »
nas is coming is not only a dope ass track, it also paved the way for east and west coast artists begin to collaborate and it was the first thing dre did after he bounced from death row records.

I never liked the murder was the case remix

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2004, 03:07:01 AM »
i think The Real Slim Shady is the worst...i used to like it but ive heard that shit so much!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Lucien

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2004, 06:50:53 AM »
''The Knoc'' by Knoc-turn'al

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2004, 12:54:57 PM »
did any one else hate the murder was the case remix??? ???

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2004, 05:35:19 PM »

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2004, 08:19:50 PM »
been there done that did  played out, but honestly thats one of my favorite beats of his. I got the instrumental and it's one of those beats I don't get tired of but I can do without the lyrics.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2004, 10:42:25 AM »
Fight Music or Revelation.  
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2004, 11:24:08 AM »
I think all the work he did on Get Rich Or Die Trying for 50 cent is highly over rated. My favorite songs on that disc are all done by lesser known, hungry producers.

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2004, 08:34:39 PM »
Ice cube's Hello