Author Topic: Little Things That Piss You Off In West Coast Songs  (Read 285 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Little Things That Piss You Off In West Coast Songs
« on: April 19, 2004, 07:35:41 PM »
What are some annoying little effects/sounds that kinda ruin some West Coast songs?  A great example for me is on "Ho's A Housewife" by Dr Dre and Kurupt.  During the chorus, there is some really annoying hissing or something in the background that hurts my ears and fades out when the next verse starts.  This also happens during Warren G's verses in "Smokin Me Out," but to a lesser extent.  This effect pisses me off, does anyone have any other stupid effects that are annoying as fuck?

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Little Things That Piss You Off In West Coast Songs
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 08:02:49 PM »
I've noticed the hissing  only in the version of hoes a housewife that was put on Kurupts streets iz a mutha. On Dre's version the beat is a little more polished. The most interesting thing about that hissing effect you mentioned is that some people I know can't even hear that shit, Other people I know that sound drives them crazy! It hurts thier ears. But I agree It is annoying.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 08:24:40 PM »
yea the version on 2001 is way better sounding...the one on kurupts double sounds alot shittier, i know exactly the hissing that you're talking about...i can't play the song loud if i'm thinking about it cause it drives me crazy, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Mick a/k/a Mickaveli_#1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Greenleaf
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 11:30:36 PM »
Get dre 2001 Instrumentals - you can hear that!!!!

hector

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 12:30:59 AM »
on e-40's album element of surprise.  on disc 2 song 2, leiutenent roast a botch.  there is this fuckin noise in that song, that just pisses me off so bad, and makes me change the track.