Author Topic: THE BLUEPRINT REVIEW...  (Read 1340 times)

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
THE BLUEPRINT REVIEW...
« on: June 02, 2002, 08:53:22 AM »
i know how much people have hated on this album...and how much hate Jigga recieves in general...but time has passed(the Jigga vs NAS thing has almost faded..for now)...( i donT dont give a damn tho...) now i know fa" sho...shit is a classic(at least for me...look beyond the hate SON ;-))

1.the ruler"s back-JIGGA enters the scene wit a production  piece that matches the title like a sock(check the trumpets yo)...lol...and wit his magnetic flow...he starts by puting to shame his suers,his enemies, sprays his views on the game,some braggin...but what is the key to the amazing feel this track leaves u wit?-Jigga uses some of the sharpest lines you could"ve heared from him or from any other MC in the last coupla years... "mind piece for hustalaz, i"m back mothafuckaz"...<exactlly what it is...Jigga layes his shit wit his known confidence  "if you got a coupla BEANS and you dont havea CLUE..."...just a small example of his doulbe\triple meaning lines that is his MANTRA throughout his whole career....this track diserves nothin but a 5\5.

TAKE OVER-Jigga"z reply to NASz "stillmatic freestyle"...JIGGA breaks this whole thing down for you, from a fan prespective, yes, the concept that hurts the most...:"fell from top 10 to not mentioned at all"
well, anyone who called this track simplistic or anythang should clear his ears...this is anythang but simplistic, JIGGA aint sprayin Venom in the air...he gots a concept....and if real facts is anythang that should be arpisiated in disses...here it is...

the beat is just blazen(sampling the DOORs )...the only problem i have wit this track is dat it doesnT PAY enough atention TO THE beef...a thing that doesnt take from it as from a song(just takes points off, as from a diss)...4.7\5

izZO-lol...i know what you gonna say "if he rates it above 4.25, we come to I.L to murder him" ...but UMM...fuck YOU...LOL..when this track came out(as a bottleg) a coupla months be4 tha album, it couldnt pass anyones atention...wit that catchy production+ to tha jacked(for some reason...LOL for those who say it aint original cause of this...lol...fuck you...when did you see an eastcoast cat rippen westcoast slang like this last time...:-)) westcoast slang...-no metter how ya gonna hate...this track is sparkish and Jigga drops some smart as FUCK, lines on IT, backin to his critics,talking bout his law suet....one of jiggaz tallents is to mix serious isues wit anthemic party bangers...NOW tell me who else can do this so well...without sounding corny...
"HOve is back life story told through rap,N***Z ACTING LIKE I SOLD YOU CRACK,LIke i told you "sell drugs"....this track really gets played out pretty fast but not to a point  i canT bump it after a resess of some time...it"z prolly this overlly HYperactive beat that leads to it...but still it"z to damn good ...4.5\5

girls,girls,girls- now this track is prolly very anoying to some of yall,may be as much as IZZO and may be even more...i heared all opinions on this "again talking bout girls"-ya decide for him what to rap about you censouring mothafucka
"the beat dont feat"- lol..it aint like he makes a remake,itz sampled.
etc...while in fact all these closed minded remarks take you away as far as poissble from the reallity...THIS track is an amazing storytelling joint, JIGGA (who you claim to be not creative) rips it again showing you a MAP\an instruction book of any possible type of girls....tha track is filled wit humour,tight flows and soulfull production....in fact this track is flawless if you look at it objectivlly....5\5

jigga that nigga-now this is prolly the worst track on the whole album....the beat is anoying as fuck,wackmasters
has done it again....lol...but in fact here it ain"t only their fault,JIGGA lets himself loose from any hiphop restrictions...and just having fun(lol..he prolly wrote it\spitted it in half a minute)....the whole track makes lil sence...altho he flowes tight on it...it that bad tho, aint anywhere near the wackness of his vol2 "jigga what,jigga who"...but it"s not very apropriate for such a quallity album to have a trak like this....it could be considered filler if it waznt for JIGGAz jokie intention wit this track 3/5..suffer through this one homie.

you dont know-now this one is gonna get you of ya feet mothatucka(considering ya heavnT HEARED IT AFTER ALL THIS TIME ;D) ...JIGGA brings it wit some clear energy this time(one of the most energetic tracks on the album)...some game-smart lyrics....he even counts his millz:-)....this mathematics do good to this track while esteemmating even more confidence..."momma aint rased no foo ,put me anywhere on gods green earth, i"ll tripplee my worth"...how cant you hate on this track?....to those who said they dont like his slow flow to which he switched back from his earlier work should eat their tung...lol...this track is off the fuckin hook.....one of my fave JIGGA joints of all time....
it"z classic 5\5

hola hovito-now this track features a blazen TIMBO beat, JIGGA rips it flowise, altho the "HOLA HOVIIIIITO" ON THE chorus is kinda anoying it"z importance is minor tho....this is another so called arrogance filled track...lol...whatever...just like he goes after the chorus "puting it down for my people"...
so dont bitch....yes the lyrics themsleves r kinda watered down here(kinda like Xzibits "x" track)...but he still holds it down lyrically...one thing i would like to cut right here is the "if i aint better than BIG..."...yea, cheers to NAS for using it on ETHER...but think bout it...as an MC who took BIGz place as tha king of N.Y...why can"t he say this?...he leaves it for you to decide tho, he sayes "if"...:-)
nice track overall 4.25\5

heart of the CITY-jigga adresses this to the underraters and haterz on his own territory(B.K\NY) asking "where is the love?!" on the chorus......BUT THIS is only the chorus....the track is filled wit a kinda of personal\private feeling he has towards his own "kind"  that hates him due to his sucsess, he sounds  offended "u knew me be4 records never disrespected me,now dat i"m sucsessfull you pull this shit"....this is an amazing ,soulfull, even heart felt track from a guy who represents somone who seemz to hate and envy him because of his sucsess...this is a personal and a subjective Jigga track just like his biographical tracks (ala "anythang","where have you been")... 5\5

never change-yes ladies and gentleman Sean aint stopin wit the classics at this point of the album....he brings another amazinglly executed track, this is paralile to "you dont know" but again showes a more personal and subjective prespective on his own career and life about himself coming up through music...concentrating more on the hard times..."move music or move drugs" if you dont feel this you should check out yo feelings you heartless mothafucka :D..na seriouslly this track is nothin to underrate..amazing lyrics,amazing beat(that feats it perfectlly and makes it even more hearfelt) classic shit 5\5

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: THE BLUEPRINT REVIEW...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2002, 08:53:56 AM »
song cry-at this point you proly asking yoself "wtf" how many straight classic in a  row can he possiblly provide...but hey,what else can you expect from one of the top MCs nowadays or ever....JIGGA comes wit a story that will remind you of "soon you"ll understand" but wit higher consentration on the "love story" concept...this track will give you the same chills "soon youll understand" did...i remember, once a reviewer whom i respect said that "if all tracks was half a tight as "soon..." there would be no point in argueing whos the top MC in the game" -well blueprint ainT far from unswering this...here you got a track that is just as good if not better. this ain"t really much to say...if you donT feel like you in the story as much as you used wit biggie shit and\or dont feel the touching script...i really can"t help you 5\5...perfect track once again.

all i need-once again JIGGA desplayes his conseptual originallity telling you his sucsess formula as if he was packing a bag wit the ingridiants("check,check,check."..lol)....he flowes tight throughout this whole track...the beat is kinda all over the place, reminds some of jigga"z earlly days beat experements (JAZZY shit)
this track is pure MCeeING,some battle structures(that he couldve used on take over) not very cohasive,but real nice 4.25\5

renagade (feat EM)- this track features EM and is also produced by him...some has speculated bout EM outshining JIGGA on this track after NAS said "EMinem murdered on yo own shit" on ETHER  an argument that you CAN actually aplly JUDGIN it only by the  flow"s sonical catchyness potensial...we all know EM got some of the catchiest vocals around while jigga gets missunderstood cause of his(yo fault..)...so OK...but lyriclly both MCz rip this track.  it got no flaw 5\5

THE BLUEPRINT-now it wouldnt be too rude to call this track a masterpiece ,on this track jigga lets you even more into his private thoughts,he recites some of his expirieces as a child,the man tells who used to clean his ears for crying out loud(lol) how more personal can he possibly get,this track goes prolly as deep as his “where have you been" but without beans to fuck it up. Tha production is layed in a genious way...it seemz to have a bluezy feel to it tha fades in an out...while at it dry points it seemz like Jigga rapz basiclly to the drums....this typa production comes to create a slow,faze to faze, storytelling effect plus it brings a weird cowzy nostalgic feel (like most of the album btw) of the past: perfect beat for a biographical track, wit perfect lyrics and storytelling....5\5(would even give it a six if i could)...perfect way to formally end the aLbum.

bonus tracks:
1,2,3,4-now when Jigga is done wit tha formal album...he could"ve experimented wit some dry shit just to call it a bonus track, but this ain"t Sean Carter people, this track can be rated as one of Jigga"s most energetic,charismatic,Lyrical and genious flowise since his RD times...because plus to this Piano laced-classical flavoured beat...Jigga rips it while comparing development of rap skillz to an excersize...not that it"z the main idea, but it all conects beautiflly shining wit confidence and sharp ass lines....i could"ve overlooked this track since it"z a bonus track...but I"m too much of a pest and a thick heade dickrider(AS people will call me after this review ;D..lol)to overlook it 5\5

girls,girls,grils (rmx)-this track is a tight folow up to the O.G...tha concept is much alike so i ain"t gonna give it a rating excet for saying...it could have been the O.G they r basiclly equally good.
To conclude, the album is a defenite classic no metter how your hating-washed brain chooses to comprehand it,the flaws on this album r so minor compared to the whole album that are bascilly not worth mentionin but he could"ve kept "jigga that nigga" off...other than that...the album is filled wit heart felt baladz both subjective and personal(a thing that waz and will be overlooked byt people who think Jigga is very hot on JEWlz-jigga is one of the most personal revealing people in the game-not only judging by this one album),great lyrics,tight flowes,and some tight ass party bangers...this album is a def 5\5...classic. can be considered one of the best eastcoast albums in the last few years.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2002, 09:28:07 AM »
to me tha album didnt have much replay value.  My favorite joints were renegades an girls,  girls,  girls.  That was an amazing joint,  even though tha song is about a played out topic he did it in a dope way,  2 bad every other rapper jus comes wit some bland lets fuck some bitches,  jigga told a dope story

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2002, 09:49:28 AM »
here's how i'd do it.  

1. The rulers back 4.5/5
2. Take over 4.5/5
3. Izzo 4.5/5
4. Girls, Girls, Girls 4.75/5
5. Jigga That Nigga 2.5/5
6. You Don't Know 4.25/5
7. Hola Hovito 4.5/5
8. Heart of the City 5/5
9. Never Change 4.5/5
10. Song Cry 3/5
11. All I Need 4/5
12. Renegade 4.5/5
13. The Blueprint 4/5

Now, the surprises are probably Girls Girls Girls (Which I think is a great song, I still play it almost daily)... and Hola Hovito, which I think is a great song.  Heart of the city I think is really, really good, I really feel that song.  Song Cry, I can't really stand.  I know it's good, but I just don't relate or feel it (I can't see em comin' down my eyes, so I gotta let the song cry) What kinda Sh*t is that, Jigga telling us he can't cry? What a fag.  Anyways.  Renegades is dope, and Izzo is mad catchy, can't hate on it.

Pillow

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2002, 10:54:13 PM »
man this album is FAR from classic, the blueprint is trash and will always be trash because J-Z is the worst fucking rapper in the game hands down. he is more commerical then JA-Rule.....he is FAKE as fuck. i mean WTF is so damn original about "girls girls girls"? that is the worst fucking song ever made in the rap game......J-Z is a faggot and should get his ass out the rap game.......as pac said.
peace

..::Pillow::..

KVB

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2002, 12:56:13 AM »
man this album is FAR from classic, the blueprint is trash and will always be trash because J-Z is the worst fucking rapper in the game hands down. he is more commerical then JA-Rule.....he is FAKE as fuck. i mean WTF is so damn original about "girls girls girls"? that is the worst fucking song ever made in the rap game......J-Z is a faggot and should get his ass out the rap game.......as pac said.
peace

You obviously don't know much about hip-hop...

KVB

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2002, 01:05:55 AM »
My ratings:

The Ruler's Back:                                
  • 4.5/5
    Takeover:                                            
  • 5/5
    Izzo (H.O.V.A.):                                  
  • 5/5
    Girls, Girls, Girls:                                    
  • 5/5
    Jigga That Nigga:                                  
  • 3/5
    U Don't Know:                                      
  • 5/5
    Hola' Hovito:                                        
  • 4/5
    Heart Of The City (Ain't No Love):          
  • 4.5/5
    Never Change:                                      
  • 5/5
    Song Cry:                                            
  • 5/5
    All I Need:                                            
  • 3.5/5
    Renegade (feat. Eminem)                        
  • 5/5
    Blueprint (Momma Loves Me):                
  • 4.5/5

Bonus tracks:
    Lyrical Exercise:                                    
  • 5/5
    Girls, Girls, Girls (Original):                        
  • 5/5

Excellent album... overall score: 9/10

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2002, 05:02:44 AM »
peace

what KVB said :) ...(umm i think the "ride wit us or collide wit us" pic on yo avatar meaNS SOMEthin, now doesn"t it? ;D)

Jome

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2002, 10:50:19 AM »
peace

What you said was stupid, no doubt it was dumb.
But the smarter thing you did, was give Em some props.

Pillow

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2002, 12:41:51 PM »
no, what i said was not stupid. J-Z is trash. he is a straight up commerical rapper. but you all have your opinions, which is cool, but dont critisize me because of mine. and KVB.........i know plenty about hip hop man.........PLENTY.....and more then lickley.........alot more then you do.
peace

Jome

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2002, 12:49:00 PM »
no, what i said was not stupid. J-Z is trash. he is a straight up commerical rapper. but you all have your opinions, which is cool, but dont critisize me because of mine. and KVB.........i know plenty about hip hop man.........PLENTY.....and more then lickley.........alot more then you do.
peace

Judging from your overall spelling: uhh....
Even if Pac called out every EastCoast rapper there is, doesn't mean they gotta be garbage.
Even though I like Eminem too, and I know you do, you gotta realize that Jay Z is no more a commercial rapper than Em is.
Look past his radio-singles son!!

Pillow

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2002, 01:19:36 PM »
my spelling? what is this a spelling B? and just to let you know the reason i fuck up my spelling is i have typers dixlexia.

KVB

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2002, 11:32:03 PM »
KVB.........i know plenty about hip hop man.........PLENTY.....and more then lickley.........alot more then you do.
peace

alright, so let's test your knowledge...

What was the first ever hip-hop single, what year was it released, and on what label?

What are the four elements of hip-hop?

I know you're gonna franticly search the Internet now for the answers, but fuck it... answer me.

Pillow

Graa D.J Re: THE BLUEPRINT REVIEW...
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2002, 03:16:54 PM »
ok KVB here are the answers to you two Q's and LMAO@ you saying i went to go search the internet...lol.....those are pretty simple Qs

the four elements of hip hop are:
1.) M.C.
2.) D.J.
3.) Graffiti

Pillow

Graa D.J Re: THE BLUEPRINT REVIEW...
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2002, 03:21:06 PM »
ok KVB here are the answers to you two Q's and LMAO@ you saying i went to go search the internet...lol.....those are pretty simple Qs

the four elements of hip hop are:
1.) M.C.
2.) D.J.
3.) Graffiti
4.) Breaking

the first hip hop single ever released was titles "Hip Hop" .by grandmaster flash and i am not to sure on the label. but it was in like 83 or 86.....around there.

here are some Qs i got for you.........

what  was pacs 1st song ever recorded?
who was the first artist ever to go platnium
who has sold the most CDs in hip hop history?

peace

..::TinMaN::..