Author Topic: Eazy E - It's On 187um Killa  (Read 674 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Eazy E - It's On 187um Killa
« on: June 18, 2002, 07:50:07 AM »
Eazy E – It’s On 187Um Killa

Released in 1993, this EP is basically Eazy’s response to the disses made towards him on Dr Dre’s The Chronic album. Throughout the album there are references to his feelings regarding Dre and the album is even dedicated to his “bitch” Dre. However, being an EP could this album warrant people paying full album price for it, well read on and find out.

Extra Special Thankz – this is basically just an intro to the album which clocks in at just over a minute, and disses Dre and his protégé Snoop Dogg.

Real Muthaphuckin G’s (feat Gangsta Dresta and BG Knockout) - this really has got to be one of the best diss songs ever. Eazy comes hard with some great gangsta disses to Dre, making points about Dre’s previous tendency to dress up in women’s clothing. Dresta and BG Knockout both also carry on the trend talking about Dre and other studio gangstas, and come with some really funny disses amongst the gangsta shit. The beat from Rhythm D is pure west coast G-Funk and compliments the track perfectly. A great start to this EP. 5/5

Any Last Werdz (feat Kokane and Cold 187um) – this track basically looks into the future, to the end of the world. Kokane provides one of his typical weird hooks which actually works really well on this particular track. Eazy puts in a good performances and the beat from Cold 187um is quite up tempo whilst still keeping a definite west coast flavour. This is a dope track, which may not be to every bodies taste, but I really like it. 4.5/5

Still A Nigga – this track features a quite sinister beat courtesy of NWA producer DJ Yella, which is also a relatively slow beat. Eazy puts in another good lyrical performance on this track which basically talks about how real Eazy is and how he is one of the only true people in the rap game. This is a pretty decent track, which could be a little bit too slow for some people’s liking. 4/5

Gimmie That Nutt – with this track you will either think that it is as cheesier than a Frenchmen’s bell or that it is actually a pretty tight party track. I am one of the former thinking that this track is great for a party and that it is not supposed to be a great lyrical performance. The hook is pretty good and the token shrieks of pleasure from women in the background really compliment the track brilliantly. I certainly prefer this to NWA’s tackiest song Express Yourself. 4/5

It’s On – this track has a beat which sounds very familiar to a track off of Dre’s The Chronic album. This is another track which disses Dre, talking about how Dre is just an acting gangsta, and how Eazy is still making money off of Dre. The hook is pretty good with some good scratching, and overall this is a pretty dope track. 4/5

Boyz In Tha Hood (G-Mix) – this is a remix of Eazy’s breakthrough track. Putting a great G Funk beat over a classic track was always going to have a great outcome and so it proves on this track. This is basically a track about life in the hood for Eazy E and he pulls off the storytelling role with great ease. Everybody knows the hook to this track and I think it really has to be considered as a west coast classic. 5/5

Down 2 The Last Roach (feat Mr Roach Clip, BG, Ash Trey, Shaki) – this track has a great up tempo beat from Madness 4 Real and isn’t basically a second party track from the album after Gimmie That Nutt. However this track is much less tacky, rapping about smoking weed and partying and has great hook which stays in your end for ages. All of the rappers actually come off well which makes this track a dope one. In fact you can overlook the fact that this track lasts for nearly eight minutes because it really is so good and it never becomes boring along the way. 4.5/5

Overall this EP really is almost pure dopeness from start to finish. Some people may not be feeling Gimmie That Nutt or Any Last Werdz but I really like these two tracks and along with some great tracks and two definite classics this album really is brilliant. This is some of Eazy’s best work, and although it is only eight tracks long it really is worth whatever you pay for it because it is so tight. If this was a full length album of the same quality material then it could have been a classic but as it this is a great album which should not be missed.

Overall: 8/10
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eazy E - It's On 187um Killa
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2002, 09:17:44 AM »
yeah itz a tite cd but id give any last werdz a 5/5 and down to the last roach a 5/5 the whole cd 10

shlomid1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • g-funk 4 ever!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2002, 09:20:42 AM »
good review i agree with allmost everything but its on is a classic song with great dissing lirycs on dre and snoop and nice g-funk beat. to me this ep is a classic 10/10.
westside!!!!

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2002, 06:39:38 PM »
Good review...I would give it 10/10 for an EP.  I just wish it was it would have been a full length album.  Still dope as hell!

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2002, 06:30:34 AM »
i agreed 100% with your song ratings, but i think the over all ratin should be 9/10

but peace anyways....
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2002, 11:01:50 AM »
9/10 mos def, this has to be one of the classics out there, Eazy at his finest, especially on Real Muthafukkin G's
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!