Author Topic: 2Pac - Until The End Of Time  (Read 578 times)

simplicate

• Lil Geezy
  • Tha Renegades
2Pac - Until The End Of Time
« on: June 17, 2002, 10:03:22 AM »
Disc 1

1. Ballad Of A Dead Soulja - This song is amazing...Pac's flow is unbelievable and the chorus is extremely catchy...One of my fav songs on the entire album. The whole song is off the hook. Overall: 5/5

2. Fuck Friendz - Another ill song as Pac keeps the album moving, with his "Ghetto Love Song." He disses Jay Z and Dr. Dre (Not as bad as Toss It Up) in this song...the chorus is ill, the verses are ill, my only complaint is the song gets a little too long. Even so, it's still ill. Overall: 5/5

3. Lil' Homies - I remember the first time I heard this song, it was to the original beat, but still I fell in love with the song right away. His story telling ability is paramount in this song...and yet another ill Pac song. Overall: 5/5

4. Let Em Have It - A typical Pac "sex" song...His verses are amazing, SKG's is alright, but the song gets kind of annoying after a while. Still, I loved the song. Overall: 4/5

5. Good Life - I love the beat, Pac's voice comes in a little soft, but still I love the song. Chorus is aiight...overall it's a decent song...and I love the way the second verse starts off. Overall: 4/5

6. Letter 2 My Unborn - I love this song...Tupac's story telling abilities take full-effect in this beautiful "love" song...The song was just flat out amazing. Overall: 5/5

7. Breatin - The songs starts off with the chorus which is catchy. A typical Outlaw song that keeps you guessing on what they're going to say next. Overall: 4/5

8. Happy Home - Now, I read this song is dedicated to his sister...and it is a "pretty" song. I love the beat, especailly at the end. Overall: 5/5

9 All Out - Another Outlaw song on the album....Tupac's verse is LONG.....the chorus is off the hook, but again, they over-do it a little. Overall: 4/5

10. Fuckin Wit The Wrong Nigga - The chorus isn't much...kind of a slow song....the verse work isn't his best. The beat isn't what I'd expect...but still it was a good song. Overall: 3.5/5

11. Thug N U Thug N Me (Remix) - To tell ya the truth I like this version better than the original. It's more upbeat, and just flat out sounds better. KCI & JoJo do the chorus, and it's just as catchy as "How Do You Want It." Overall: 5/5

12. Everything They Owe - In this song Tupac tells about his "run-in" with the two cops he shot and how it happened. I love the verses, even though there are only two. The chorus is ill. Overall: 4/5

13. Until The End Of Time - I like this song a lot, basically from the stand-point it would be a good overview of his life. The first verse tells how he was "addicted to the dark side" and that got my attention right away. A good song that samples "Broken Wings" I thought he did a good job. I like this version better than the remix. Overall: 5/5

14. M.O.B. - Well, here's the song so many fake rappers have bitten from Tupac. To tell you the truth, I didn't like it that much....Another Outlaw song, but I don't care for the beat at all. Tupac's verse is ill, but the Outlaw's parts aren't what I'm used to hearing. Overall: 3/5

15. World Wide Mob Figgaz - The last song on disc 1, it's alright.....the beat isn't anything special. Overall: 3/5

Disc 2

1. Big Syke Interlude - An intro to disc 2 by Big Syke in which he says "Thug Life Lives On" Overall, a good intro to an awesome CD.

2. My Closest Roaddogz - Caught my ear right away....the beat it unbelievable, and the verse work is just flat out ill as fuck. Overall: 5/5

3. Niggaz Nature (Remix) - Pac's voice doesn't come in that well, plus the song gets annoying. Lil Moe's does the chorus and I just don't like her voice.....Overall: 3.5/5

4. When Thugz Cry - The emmotion Pac puts into this song is amazing....it's a chance to hear all the pain he has....Tupac ws the best-ever at putting his emmotions into songs and this song is a perfect example of it. Overall: 5/5

5. U Don't Have 2 Worry - Yet another Outlaw song, there's just not enough Pac on this and it's kind of boring to listen to. Overall: 3.5/5

6. This Ain't Livin - This song's chorus is my favorite chorus on the entire album.....what can I say, it caught my ear and is just another flat out ill Tupac song. Overall: 5/5

7. Why U Turn On Me - LOL, this is the funniest song on the album....2 verses mixed with a "shout-out" at the end....Love the whole song. Overall: 5/5

8. Lastonesleft - Next to "Hell 4 A Hustler" this is my favorite Outlaw song...."Tell me am I wrong to wanna get it going on last to leave till I see everybody's gone, I'm at the bar you can catch me, hands full of liquor, or puffin on the sweet submission" The chorus is catchy and the beat is my favorite on the entire album. Overall: 5/5

9. Thug N U Thug N Me - I didn't like this as much as the remix just because it's not as fast or upbeat....still, it was an ill song. Overall: 4/5

10. Words 2 My First Born - Liked "letter 2 my unborn" a lot better, the beat isn't really hot, plus Above the Law's verse isn't much....(Just shouting) Overall: 3/5

11. Let Em Have It (Remix) - I like this remix a lot better, (prolly cuz I was a TLC fan) Left Eye's part is off the hook...(R.I.P.) Overall: 5/5

12. Runnin On E - Again, kind of a "weak" song on the album..just not enough Pac and the chorus isn't anything special. Overall: 3/5

13. When I Get Free - Tupac says what he's going to do when he gets out of jail....the song starts off with the chorus and just gets stuck in your head.....overall: 5/5

14. Until The End Of Time (Remix) I like the original version the best, Richard Page's singing is kind of annoying. Overall: 4/5

Album Overall: 10/10

My 3rd favorite Tupac album next to "All Eyez On Me" and "The Don Killuminati"

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Been getten worried that these square muthafuckers with nerves
sayin they can get with us but picture me gettin' served
My own mama say i'm thuged out
my shit be bumpin out tha record store as if it was a drug house

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: 2Pac - Until The End Of Time
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2002, 10:48:33 AM »
Out of all the albums released after 'Pac's death (excluding "Makaveli") "Still I Rise" is my fav. to this day, this album is a close second. Most of the songs on this CD aren't as dope as their originals, "When Thugz Cry", "Fuck Friends", "L'il Homies", "Everything They Owe", "My Closest Roaddogz", "Niggaz Nature" and "Until The End Of Time" etc. Overall I think I like the first CD the most, songs like "Ballad Of A Dead Souljah", "Letter To My Unborn", "Breathin'", "Happy Home", "Good Life", "Everything They Owe" and "Until The End Of Time" are stand out tracks for me. Although i'm a big 'Pac fan i'd rate this slightly lower than you as I don't think it's as close to a classic as it could of been if they left the original versions of the songs as they were and released it like that, all those tracks were PERFECT the way they were and I feel they watered them down a bit compared to what they were in their original format. Still, 'Pac's lyrics were on point but I just wish they weren't tampered with as much.

In conclusion i'd prolly give it a 8/10.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2002, 03:14:59 PM »
Dope review.  I agree with most of it.  I'd probably give it a 9/10 overall.  I'll post my review later.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2002, 03:45:33 PM »
pac is my favorite rapper but id only give this album 6.5/10.  Tha productional is pitiful an too pop.  I give fuck friends an when thugs cry 1/5.  Tha OG versions r easily 5/5 but afeni really fucked up here

simplicate

• Lil Geezy
  • Tha Renegades
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2002, 04:44:38 PM »
hmmmmm....I like the originial versions for some of the songs better too, but some of them I'm glad they changed. I still say this album is a 10.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2002, 05:22:18 PM »
if they kept tha songs in OG version an one disc it would be a 9 maybe a 9.5 outta 10.  some songs needed to be changed but some shouldnt of been touched.  LIke lil homies,  tha new beat gives it a completely different vibe

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2002, 04:04:21 PM »
there were about 21 og's for this cd and i wasn't really feelin the remixes at all. 6.5/10
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

verbalassaulta

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2002, 04:23:05 AM »
sorry, but i dont dont agree with you review...this song has some of the worst production i've ever heard....lyrics...9/10....production2/10.....overall....6/10

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2002, 01:22:28 PM »
This album features some lyrically strong and intense material, but the production softens several songs, which is only a weak way to increase sales and kind of falsifies Pac's work.

7/10

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2002, 04:11:39 PM »
I didn't like this album. It's good songs are just amazing but the crap songs are horrible.

I want a Pac track not this R&B BS
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

simplicate

• Lil Geezy
  • Tha Renegades
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2002, 03:07:29 PM »
I guess I was the only one who really liked this album.....did anybody else hear the rumor about a new Pac album this November? I heard it was something like "Blood Brothers" but it's prolly bullshit.

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2002, 09:47:10 AM »
I guess I was the only one who really liked this album.....did anybody else hear the rumor about a new Pac album this November? I heard it was something like "Blood Brothers" but it's prolly bullshit.

"Blood Brothers" is the newest album from Kastro and EDI from the Outlawz. BUT the new 'Pac album is rumoured to be released this september.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2002, 06:22:58 PM »
Im one of the biggest Pac fans on this board, but there is no way this album is a perfect 10........Id give it a 6, maybe 7 if im in a good mood. Its not a horrible album, but it is severely butchered. If this had the originals on it, it would probably be a solid 8 or 9 out of 10, but as it is, naw........Out of all his post-humous albums [excluding Makaveli and Greatest Hits], R U Still Down is my personal fav.

Id rate Pac's albums like this, from best to worst:

1. All Eyez On Me, 5/5
2. Makaveli [sometimes this is #1], 5/5
3. Me Against The World, 5/5
4. 2Pacalpyse Now & R U Still Down tied, 4.25/5
5. Thug Life Vol.1, 4/5
6. Strictly 4 My Niggaz, 3.5/5
7. UTEOT, 3/5
8. Still I Rise, 3/5
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0