Author Topic: common, bilal in show...  (Read 76 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
common, bilal in show...
« on: April 29, 2004, 10:33:31 AM »
i saw common at a show last night at 42nd street in new york city at bb kings. it wasn't nearly as good as his 'like water for chocolate' tour, and was actually a pretty short performance. he did the show with this singer from the UK, OMAR, who i wasn't too impressed with, and bilal was a surprise guest.....

don't know if anyone posted this yet, but common did FOOD (from chappelle's show) and said it was gonna be on his new album "BE" coming out soon. he also said bilal is coming out soon.....

just thought some folks would like to know...

We Fly High

Re:common, bilal in show...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 11:08:03 AM »
tight, damn i wish i seen him do food. i just saw com on the kanye school spirit tour. i definitely think com is one of the best hip hop performers, he has hella energy and can definitely rock the crowd. i also seen him a few other times with kanye, and him headlining a close to 2.5 hour set for the electric circus tour whcih was badass.

dude BB kings on 42nd street is hands down the best venue ive been to so far though. a huge ass bar, and hella tables that u can sit at, and all the booths and shit. and the center standin area is just the right size.. , its pretty damn clean compared to a lot of other venues, its just a nice place. and its not too big like arena type shits, and its not too small like some clubs.  

i saw george clinton and the parliament funkadelic all stars perform there.. and that was straight unbelievable..
« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 11:12:13 AM by justin718 »

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
Re:common, bilal in show...
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 12:10:02 PM »
tight, damn i wish i seen him do food. i just saw com on the kanye school spirit tour. i definitely think com is one of the best hip hop performers, he has hella energy and can definitely rock the crowd. i also seen him a few other times with kanye, and him headlining a close to 2.5 hour set for the electric circus tour whcih was badass.

dude BB kings on 42nd street is hands down the best venue ive been to so far though. a huge ass bar, and hella tables that u can sit at, and all the booths and shit. and the center standin area is just the right size.. , its pretty damn clean compared to a lot of other venues, its just a nice place. and its not too big like arena type shits, and its not too small like some clubs.  

i saw george clinton and the parliament funkadelic all stars perform there.. and that was straight unbelievable..

i wish he did somethin like the 'like water for chocolate' tour, where he had the time travellin theme and came out dressed differently for all the different songs...he had backup dancers too and it was definatly a better show.

bb kings reminds me of palookaville in santa cruz and that other one in san fran (owned by the same company). it's a shame those ones closed, they were real personal type clubs....bb's is nice and clean and new, much better than coliseum shows....