Author Topic: Krayzie Bone - Thug on da Line  (Read 742 times)

That_Cracka_J

Krayzie Bone - Thug on da Line
« on: June 15, 2002, 05:03:18 PM »
Krayzie Bone – Thug on da Line

1. Y’all don’t know me…Fairly simple beat.  Krayzie’s flow is slow much of the rhyme, but at parts it’s sped up.  Certain parts are catchy.  3.5/5
2. Ride the Thug Line…Production is terrible here.  Krayzie only has one short verse, and that is at the end.  The rest of the song is cluttered with no-name guest artists.  1.5/5
3. Can’t hustle 4 ever…Laidback song.  The title is self explanatory to the content of the song.  Nice chorus.  Only one Krayzie verse though.  3.5/5
4. Talk to myself…Nice production, lyrics and content.  Tiffany does a great job on the hook.  4.5/5
5. A thugga’ level…Faster, uptempo beat.  Features Boss and Krayzie going back and forth with some flowing ass lyrics.  4/5
6. Da thugs…Production really isn’t that interesting.  Krayzie’s flow is not up to par.  3/5
7. If they only knew…A decent love song featuring Lareece.  Production is smooth.  3.5/5
8. I don’t give a fuck…Krayzie’s flow is decent, but the production does not do his lyrics justice.  3/5
9. Time after time…A nice reflective song.  The production has an R&B feel to it.  3.5/5
10.   Ride if you like…A compilation song with ThugLine artists.  Everybody’s verse, including Krayzie’s, is sub-par.  Production is decent.  2.5/5
11.   If you a thug…Krayzie’s one verse is too short.  I’m really not feelin’ the rest of the artists on the song.  Production is unique, but not great.  3/5
12.   Hard time hustlin’…Cool, laidback beat.  Krayzie raps about growing up poor.  His flow is slowed down considerably, but it sounds good, especially with Sade’s sampled vocals.  4/5
13.   Gemini…Krayzie goes back and forth with the positive and negative voices in his head.  Flow sounds great to the tight production.  4/5
14.   I don’t know what…A track which features Kelis.  The production is garbage and the lyrics aren’t that great.  2/5
15.   Rollin’ up some mo’…What Bone album would be complete with a weed song?  The beat horrible and the verses are boring.  The only thing barley above par about the song is the chorus.  2/5
16.   Everybody wanna be thugs…The beat doesn’t seem to fit the lyrics.  Krayzie’s flow is uninteresting.  2.5/5
17.   Bloody murder…This is pethodic, especially compared to the other “Mo Murda” songs and skits like “Murder won’t stop” and the interludes on Art of War.  His short interludes are normally tight with a good mix of rap, gangsta, R&B and that Bone harmony touch.  This is just corny.  0/5
18.   Kneight Riduz wuz here…Krayzie does not appear on this track.  I’m not feeling these guys at all.  Production is decent, but I don’t like listening to them.  1.5/5
19.   Ready for combat…A short skit with Krayzie harmonizing.  A LOT better than the previous interlude.  3.5/5
20.   Thug on da line…Featuring the ThugLine artists and Wish Bone.  Nobody puts down anything interesting here.  The beat is below average and repetitive.  2.5/5

OVERALL…5/10

First of all the album is cluttered with guest artists, which wouldn’t be that bad, except their flows are not interesting.  The production for most tracks is mediocre and Krayzie’s overall flow sounds lazy and like he’s not really into his songs.  Still, there are a few gems amidst the rubble.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Re: Krayzie Bone - Thug on da Line
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2002, 07:40:58 PM »
This waz Pathetic because it waz suppose 2 be a no-name compilation but it waz put as a Krayzie Bone album so it would sell more and give those WACK ass artists exposure......

Tha only songs worth listenin 2 are Krayzie's solos like Talk 2 Myslef, Hard Time Hustlin, Gemini, Yall dont know me and I dun give a fuck.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Smooth

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2002, 08:56:39 PM »
Nice review... although i wasn't really feelin much on this cd besides "Gemini"... overall id give it a 4.5/10
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2002, 06:35:45 AM »
This waz Pathetic because it waz suppose 2 be a no-name compilation but it waz put as a Krayzie Bone album so it would sell more and give those WACK ass artists exposure......

Tha only songs worth listenin 2 are Krayzie's solos like Talk 2 Myslef, Hard Time Hustlin, Gemini, Yall dont know me and I dun give a fuck.....

word

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2002, 10:23:30 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I totally agree with all of you.
I d/l this album to see if I was gonna buy the official cd, lets just say I have this album on CD-R and its just sits there.
This was a real weak release, a real let down from Krayzie, especially just using his name to sell these sucky ass artist who all suck.

2/10 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2002, 02:34:05 PM »
Gemini is a bimb ass song
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2002, 02:15:27 AM »
GOD DAMN TURDS...

Who is that in ya sig, she looks STUNNING...

:P

Oh and as for this album i rank it amongst the WORST albums EVER made.

2 mics

This album was shite and is the only Bone solo album i've sold coz it was that bad apart from about 4 tracks.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2002, 09:20:41 AM »
i only liked hard time hustlin & gemini. 2/10
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2002, 11:24:06 AM »
GOD DAMN TURDS...

Who is that in ya sig, she looks STUNNING...

:P

Oh and as for this album i rank it amongst the WORST albums EVER made.

2 mics

This album was shite and is the only Bone solo album i've sold coz it was that bad apart from about 4 tracks.

forgot her name. She's mighty fine though
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE