Author Topic: Hendrix  (Read 112 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Hendrix
« on: April 24, 2004, 09:39:56 PM »
Could someone recommend me some Hendrix. I picked up The Best Of the other day, and I realized I'd heard most of those songs before when I was younger. What would be his albums I'd be best to pick up first? Thanks in advance for the help.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re:Hendrix
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 10:30:12 PM »
All three of his studio releases were excellent.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 12:11:31 AM »
i got the greatest hits one, "Experience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi Hendrix", and also "Electci Ladyland". It's pretty good, but i haven't gotten really into Hendrix that much. I always listen to the Greatest hits one
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

CHEF_RAEKWON

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 02:55:37 AM »
all 3 studio albums and band of gypsies the live album are worth getting

are you experienced - purple haze,hey joe,fire,manic depression

axis bold as love - little wing,bold as love,castles made of sand

electric ladyland - all along the watchtower,voodoo chile,voodoo child (SLIGHT RETURN)

band of gypsies - machine gun

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004, 07:56:26 AM »
i got the greatest hits one, "Experience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi Hendrix", and also "Electci Ladyland". It's pretty good, but i haven't gotten really into Hendrix that much. I always listen to the Greatest hits one

yeah thats a good comp..

i like crosstown traffic + dolly dagger

Diabolical

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 08:11:41 AM »
I bought a Hendrix double CD a few weeks back but i havent listened to it yet

ALKAHOLIK21

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2004, 12:57:26 AM »
There is so many songs he did that are hard to find or unreleased on record's... thank god for the internet though or else I would of never found most of his song's. Only Elvis and the Beatles have generated more titles according to "Black Gold the lost archives of Jimi Hendrix" -By Steven Roby. Excellent book I might add you guys should read it! Anyways go to the official Hendrix website here  http://www.jimi-hendrix.com/jimihendrix.html and then go into the encyclopedia http://www.jimi-hendrix.com/encyclopedia/ and search the archive of songs and just copy and paste whatever song you want to download on whatever mp3 client you have. I would recommend downloading them though because there is so much more out there than on records

Here are my recommendations

Live

The whole Monterey concert his first American appearance (you know where he burnt the guitar) is my favorite out of all the live show's he did and he did alot! Download these they are not hard to find
1.) Killing floor live at Monterey  
2.) Foxy lady live at Monterey
3.) Rock me baby live at Monterey
4.) Like a rolling stone live at Monterey
5.) Wild thing live at Monterey
6.) Can you see me live at Monterey ( and the regulars purple haze,hey joe,wind cries mary)

Woodstock
1.) Voodoo Chile IMO the best version
2.) Fire
3.) Star spangled banner
4.) Jam back at the house
5.) Isabella
6.) Villanova junction
7.) All the regulars

other live recording's
(BTW all these are on the box set)
1.) Johnny B. Goode live at Berkley coliseum (not hard to find)
2.) Catfish Blue's (it's on the box set and hard to find the good version)
3.) Sgt Pepper's lonely heart's club band
4.) I don’t live today
5.) Blue suede shoes live at Berkley
6.) Room full of mirror’s (sorry this one aint live)(many versions of this song if you can find the one the box set has! let me know! I need it!)
7.) Spanish castle magic (many version's as well... box set one is the best IMO)
8.) Little Wing live at royal Albert hall is awesome download it!
9.) Country blues (awesome live jam session)
10.) Burning of the midnight lamp live in Sweden I think

Are you experienced?
Besides the regular's (purple haze, hey Joe... etc)
1.) Third stone from the sun (psycadelic at it's best)
2.) Stone free
3.) May this be love (aka waterfall)
4.) Manic depression
5.) Highway Chile
6.) Are you experienced?
7.) I don’t live today

Axis Bold As Love
1.) One Rainy wish
2.) Castles made of sand
3.) Bold as love
4.) If a 6 was a 9
5.) Up from the skies
6.) Wait until tomorrow
7.) Little wing

Electric Lady Land
1.) The regulars (all along the watch tower,voodoo chile)
2.) Crosstown traffic
3.) Burning of the midnight lamp
4.) Let the good time’s roll
5.) Have you ever been to electric lady land?
6.) 1983 (a merman I should turn to be)
7.) Long hot summer night
8.) Rainy day dream away
9.) Still raining still dreaming

Band of gypsys
1.) Who knows
2.) Isabella (best version IMO)
3.) Stop
4.) Wild thing (listen to the Monterey version and then this one)
5.) Message of love
6.) Machine gun
7.) Stepping stone
8.) Power to love
9.) Changes
10.) Auld Lang Syne (awesome song! play this at your New Year’s Eve party)

Other recording's
1.) Gloria (you must download this one!!! excellent song! this one would of been a major hit if released and edited for some crude humor lol and its not hard to find on the net! go get it!)
2.) Day tripper (cover of Beatle’s classic with certain member's of the Beatles I cant tell which one's are on it probably Paul and john I know Mitch Mitchell was on drum's not sure if Noel Redding was on bass or George Harrison. BBC sessions)
3.) Hey Joe/Sunshine of you love (bbc sessions)
4.) Can you please crawl out your window ( cover of bob Dylan. BBC sessions)
5.) Born under a bad sign (excellent cover of blues classic)
6.) Drifting (excellent ballad)
7.) Sweet angel (another cool ballad btw different versions of this song)
8.) Hear my train a comin ( many versions)
9.) Valley’s of Neptune (probably would of been a hit if released kind of hard to find)
10.) Ezy rider
11.) Dolly dagger
12.) Mannish boy
13.) STP LSD aka star's that play with laughing Sam’s dice (this song starts off awesome and gets wild you might not like it.... btw NWO new world order's theme (ya the wrestling group) sampled a part in this song.. listen to it
14.) Hoochie Coochie Man (excellent cover of muddy waters)
15.) Earth vs. Space (excellent jam but, not in very good quality I use to have it but now I cant find it)  

16.) And finally F.H.I.T.A. a.k.a. Fuck her in the ass By Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison (and yes it's them) and some other dudes jamming out ... this is an example of what drugs and alcohol will do to you LOL! This song is unreleased and not too many people know about it... the Hendrix family want's it destroyed and I can see why.... but it is easy to find if you try and download it. This song is funny cuz Morrison is so drunk all he says is FHITA! You would think Morrison and Hendrix would come up with something better than FHITA! lol those must have been some crazy time's back then I wish I would of been alive!

Hope you enjoy and try some of these songs, but be careful you'll get hooked on Hendrix like I did! That’s why I took some time and did this because I love his music so much. get experienced