Author Topic: X-Raided - Unforgiven  (Read 888 times)

That_Cracka_J

X-Raided - Unforgiven
« on: May 23, 2002, 06:10:42 PM »
X-Raided – Unforgiven

1. Madman intro…Cool intro with audio from Forrest Gump.
2. Misanthropy…Very different sounding production with a twist of rock music.  Lyrically, it’s off the hook.  5/5
3. Unforgiven…Beat has a 70’s feel to it.  X blesses the track with some tight ass lyrics.  4/5
4. Who is y’all niggas…Good beat, deep bassline.  Again, tight lyrics.  4/5
5. Spitten venom…Beat is not really that good, but the content of the verses make it worth listening to.  Especially the hook.  3.5/5
6. Mortal combat…Dark feeling production with church bells, and flowing water in the background.  X lights up the track with some tongue twisting rhymes.  5/5
7. Macaframa…Slow, gangsta beat.  Tight song about inmates and women.  Three verses of straight heat.  4.5/5
8. Take flight…Quality production and good lyrics.  Dott Dogg adds some vocals on this one.  3.5/5
9. Cemetery fulla G’s…Dark song about fallen soldiers.  3.5/5
10.   Dead on arrival part 1…Good production.  Lyrics are tight, but they are not as crisp as the rest of the album.  3.5/5
11.   Land of the lost…Softer song on the album.  Radio friendly.  Deep lyrics.  4/5
12.   Kick it 2nite…A fuck song.  Faster-type beat.  X keeps up well.  3.5/5
13.   Mama’s pride & joy…Decent production, but great content.  4/5
14.   Whatever it took…A lotta bass here.  Crisp stutter, stop & go lyrics.  4/5
15.   On the rise…Fairly simple drum loop.  Hanifah is featured here.  Tight lyrics.  3.5/5
16.   Outro

OVERALL…8/10

It’s surprising how someone can record such a good sounding album while in jail.  Lyrics are very crisp and clear except for just a couple of songs.  Production is great.  It’s not your average, everyday sounding beats.  Lyrically, X-Raided is top-notch.  Very underrated rapper and album.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Smooth

Re: X-Raided - Unforgiven
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2002, 06:14:46 PM »
nice review homie...i agree with your overall rating of 8/10... im def feelin "Land of the Lost" it's got a nice west coast feel to it...

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2002, 06:10:22 AM »
8)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2002, 10:17:07 AM »
gotta pick this up now.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris