Author Topic: DJ Quik - Greatest Hits Live at the House Of Blues  (Read 625 times)

Plumma25

• 'G'
DJ Quik - Greatest Hits Live at the House Of Blues
« on: June 20, 2006, 06:11:18 AM »
Since someone stated my review of Cali Iz Active wasn't all that good, figured I'd try a different approach with this review.

This is def my favorite release of 2006 to date.  I even went out and actually bought this album that's how much I loved it.  DJ Quik is also my favorite artist and when I heard he put out a live album with a 12 piece band I had to hear it.  Starts off nice with Intro for Roger that has Quik rapping over a nice beat that was released on his latest album Trauma.  We then are treated to 4 straight classics (Mo Pussy, Jus Lyke Compton, Trouble and Pitch In Ona Party)that sound unbelievable with a live band.  The highlight of the album is next with Fandango with sounds pretty damn hot with live horns.  B-Real also shows up and really puts in an energetic performance that sets the crowd off.  Safe & Sound (track 11) is my second favorite on the album as it sounds fantastic with live instruments and a live voice box on stage with him.  Pretty much every track is just perfect with exceptions coming from Get Down which Chingy just ruined with a horrible live performance and I also didn't care too much for Til Jesus Comes.  Though I love the version on Trauma, I just didn't think it sounded all that good live.  Medley For A V with Nate Dogg was sweet.  Peep the guitar solo from long time co producer Robert Bacon, it will make your jaw drop.  As stated before if you haven't peeped this album, pick it up, download it, do whatever you have to do, just make sure you take a listen for yourself.  Sound quality is GREAT (always get nervous with live cd's) and Quik's energy is what you want from a live performance.  The guests were good for the most part (Chingy sucked) and the live band played Quik's beats beautifully.  Gets a perfect 10/10 from me.
if you're girl has a leak tell her 2 call tha mothafuckin' Plumma named Pete, thats me.

Elano

Re: DJ Quik - Greatest Hits Live at the House Of Blues
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 04:51:48 AM »
the dvd of this night will be released or not ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 05:19:31 AM »
i would like to see the performance, was never able to watch it on AOL...

and to reviewer, you didnt like Chingy on Get Down?? i thought his spit was pretty dope... each to their own i guess..

4dgspot

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 01:09:45 PM »
4 out of 5