Author Topic: so what do u think the odds are the US will reinstate the draft  (Read 130 times)

pappy

what do you think.  i sure as hell dont wanna die for dubbyas bull shit wars jus so he can win another term as president but wtf can i do.  if i got drafted i'd guess i would have to take it like a man

JTSimon

Re:so what do u think the odds are the US will reinstate the draft
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 07:03:17 PM »
what do you think.  i sure as hell dont wanna die for dubbyas bull shit wars jus so he can win another term as president but wtf can i do.  if i got drafted i'd guess i would have to take it like a man

Screw that I'd rather move countries  ;D If I get drafted I'm going to Cuba.

smerlus

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 07:28:45 PM »
we're pulling troops out starting in June and there are no sceduled wars after that, the draft is there for an emergency purpose...and who knows, bush might not even be in office to do anything about it

pappy

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 07:52:46 PM »
we're pulling troops out starting in June and there are no sceduled wars after that, the draft is there for an emergency purpose...and who knows, bush might not even be in office to do anything about it

lord i hope bush isnt in office.  i love this country an i love living here.  an i admit we have our flaws an have done our own fucked up things but bush is a scary man.  in my personal opinion if 500,000 americans died in combat but he got re-elected i think he would be happy

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004, 09:02:27 PM »
lmao @ smerlus: "and there are no scheduled wars" lol...that'd be horrible...the calendars stop showing holidays and start showing the day we start different wars lol...

July 22nd: The War On Illiteracy Starts

October 4th: The War On Bad Movie Sequels Starts

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 12:04:56 AM »

in the words of dolemite... "very high baby, very high"  :D

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2004, 09:40:47 AM »
Slim to none.

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2004, 04:09:18 PM »
I think the odds a draft will be reinstated are about 5%, but I think that's just an arbitrary number I would give for arguments sake even if we weren't at war.

I ran over the numbers in another thread, tom.  We're using a small fraction of our total enrolled army in Iraq at any one time.  We could fully replace everyone over there several times and still have some left over.  Lemme see if I can find the numbers, maybe you'll calm down a little bit and stop listening to the liberal media telling you you're about to die because a republican is in the white house.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2004, 04:10:41 PM »
Here you go, these are the numbers I looked up for the other thread.  after reading these numbers, if you still believe that we'll need a draft, you won't have to worry about dying young in war, you're probably stupid enough to have a fatal slip and fall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is bullshit.  Let me shed some light.

There are currently 150,000 troops in Iraq, and that's a high number because we're in the middle of some transitions.  

Active Enrolled in the United States military, as of February 2004, stands at 1,425,320.  

On top of that, the U.S. has 1.3 million enrolled in the reserves and national guard.

We're not gonna need a draft, ANYTIME soon.  that's 2.7 million troops, and for our war in Iraq, we're using .1 million.