Author Topic: Blackalicious- Blazing Arrow  (Read 729 times)

davida.b.

Blackalicious- Blazing Arrow
« on: April 30, 2004, 12:57:16 PM »
Intro

Blazing Arrow- Quirky beat, Gift of Gab drops gems over & over again. 5/5

Sky is Falling- Definatly on of the darker songs on the album. It has kind of an end-of-the-world-feel to it. Chorus is a bit annoying, but the beat and Gab make up for it. 4.5/5

First in Flight (f/gil scott-heron)- Laidback song. As far as I'm concerned, Chief Xcel is the westcoast equivalent of Premo. Gil Scott-Heron delivers a great chorus. 5/5

Green Light: Now Begin- This song is kinda weird. I don't know what to say about it. Gab never fails to dissappoint tho. 4/5

4000 Miles (f/charli 2na, lateef the truth speaker)- Charli 2na steals the show, like he usually does. 5/5

Nowhere Fast- Produced by ?uestlove & Chief Xcel, but the beat could've benn better. 3.5/5

Paragraph President- Love this song. "Hit you with the funk, its like 'who cut the provalone?'. 5/5

It's Going Down (f/keke wyatt, lateef the truth speaker)- My least favorite song, the chorus ruins the song, and Gab could've been better. 3/5

Make You Feel That Way- Song about happiness. This song put a smile on my face. Flawless song. 5/5

Brain Washers (f/ben harper)- I love Ben Harper, he has such a wonderful voice. Mildly depressing song. 5/5

Chemical Calisthenics (f/cut chemist)- Gab speeds his flow up during the entire song, to thee point where he's even rapping faster than Twista. Incredible. 5/5

Aural Pleasure (f/jaguar wright)- Jaguar definatly ruined this song. All throught the song she keeps humming during the song, which gets annoying. 3.5/5

Passion (f/dj babu, rakaa)- This track is aight, rakaa could've done better, but Gab makes up for it. 4/5

Purest Love- Gab's best verses can be found here. 5/5

Release Part 1, 2, & 3 (f/zach de la rocha, saul williams, lyrics born)- I kinda wish Zach spit a verse instead of screaming in the background, other than that its a kickass track. 4.5/5

Day One- Gab sings on this track, he has a pretty good voice. 4.5

overall= 4.4/5
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 01:00:41 PM by davida.b. »

Don Breezio

Re:Blkackalicious- Blazing Arrow
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 01:00:58 PM »
props on this one...i've been wondering about this album...Make Ya Feel That Way is classic imo

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Blkackalicious- Blazing Arrow
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 02:49:04 PM »
props on this one...i've been wondering about this album...Make Ya Feel That Way is classic imo