Author Topic: Sad Shit - Operation Iraqi Freedom  (Read 557 times)

JTSimon

Sad Shit - Operation Iraqi Freedom
« on: April 29, 2004, 06:00:03 PM »
« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 06:01:41 PM by Amūn Ra »

Woodrow

Re:Sad Shit - Operation Iraqi Freedom
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 11:53:04 PM »
Hmmm...

Want to talk about prisoner abuse?

Also, making them do a human pyramid naked is SOOOOOO equivalent to burning, beating, and dragging people through the streets...

Just watch... these assholes who did this shit are gonna get locked up and punished to the full extent of the law.

The British did the same type of shit, but they didn't have pics leaked...
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/story.jsp?story=410750

Where was your whining and bitching when this story came out?

« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 11:53:26 PM by Krayze-Eyez Killah »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 05:58:27 AM »

Iraqi abuse photos spark shock
Click to watch the CBS TV pictures
Images of US soldiers allegedly abusing Iraqi prisoners at a notorious jail near Baghdad have sparked shock and anger.
Politicians in the US, Britain and the Middle East expressed disgust at the images, broadcast on US television, and called for those responsible to face justice.

CBS News said it delayed the broadcast for two weeks after a request from the Pentagon due to the tensions in Iraq.

Last month, the US army suspended 17 soldiers over alleged prisoner abuses.

Elsewhere in Iraq, US marines have begun withdrawing from the Iraqi city of Falluja after a month of bloody clashes with rebels.

Saddam Hussein's prisoners were not only tortured but executed. It was much worse than what is there now
Adnan Al-Pachachi
Iraqi Governing Council
Two battalions have been pulling back from front-line positions and are set to move further out during the day.

A new Iraqi force, led by one of Saddam Hussein's former generals, is expected to move into the city while the US maintains a presence outside the flashpoint city.

'Appalled'

Six soldiers - including a brigadier general - are facing court martial in Iraq, and a possible prison term over the PoW pictures.

A spokesman for British Prime Minister Tony Blair said he was "appalled" and described the incident as regrettable.

"Nobody underestimates how wrong this is, but these actions are not representative of the 150,000 coalition soldiers in Iraq. We shouldn't judge the actions of coalition soldiers as a whole by the actions of a few," he said.

US Republican congressman, Jim Leach - who had opposed the war - said: "The US has historically prided itself on treating prisoners of war with decency and respect.

"This has to be investigated and accountability obtained within the American military justice system."

Adnan Al-Pachachi, a member of the Iraqi Governing Council, said it would create a great deal of anger and discontent among Iraqis already concerned about security in the country.

But he rejected a comparison with the treatment of prisoners at Abu Ghraib prison near Baghdad during the days of Saddam Hussein.

"I don't think you can compare the two. Saddam Hussein's prisoners were not only tortured but executed. It was much worse than what is there now."

Graphic

The graphic images include one of a hooded and naked prisoner standing on a box with wires attached to his genitals. CBS said the prisoner was told that if he fell off the box, he would be electrocuted.

Another shows naked prisoners being forced to simulate sex acts. In another, a female soldier, with a cigarette in her mouth, simulates holding a gun and pointing at a naked Iraqi's genitals.

We had no support, no training. I kept asking my chain of command for certain things... like rules and regulations
Staff Sergeant Chip Frederick
One of the suspended soldiers

CBS's flagship 60 Minutes programme said it had been pressured by the Pentagon not to show the images, until the photos started circulating elsewhere.

"The Pentagon was really very concerned about broadcasting the pictures, and I think they had good reason," said 60 Minute executive producer Jeff Fager.

"The idea that there are hostages being held in Iraq concerned us quite a bit in terms of broadcasting them. It wouldn't take long to get on Al-Jazeera at all."

Mr Fager told the BBC's Today programme the pictures were initially brought to the attention of US military in Iraq, and formed the centrepiece of proceedings against the soldiers.

'No training'

One of the suspended soldiers, Staff Sergeant Chip Frederick, said the way the army ran the prison had led to the abuse.

"We had no support, no training whatsoever. And I kept asking my chain of command for certain things... like rules and regulations," he told CBS. "It just wasn't happening."

He said he did not see a copy of the Geneva Convention rules for handling prisoners of war until after he was charged.

Deputy head of coalition forces in Iraq, Brig Gen Mark Kimmitt told CBS the army was "appalled" by the behaviour of its soldiers.

He said the suspected abusers "let their fellow soldiers down".

Meanwhile, a new opinion poll for the New York Times and CBS News suggested dwindling support among Americans for the invasion and occupation of Iraq.

Only 47% of 1,042 Americans questioned believed invading Iraq was the right thing to do, the lowest support recorded in the polls since the war began.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/middle_east/3672901.stm
way to go americans really winning the heart and minds of the iraqi's this way.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

JTSimon

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 06:50:54 AM »
Hmmm...

Want to talk about prisoner abuse?

Also, making them do a human pyramid naked is SOOOOOO equivalent to burning, beating, and dragging people through the streets...

Just watch... these assholes who did this shit are gonna get locked up and punished to the full extent of the law.

The British did the same type of shit, but they didn't have pics leaked...
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/story.jsp?story=410750

Where was your whining and bitching when this story came out?

What do you expect Iraqis to do to the enemy ::)

Why didn't the evil Iraqis kill them? ::) ;D

lol you stupid fuck Daniel Pearle went to Pakistan on his own, he was no prisoner and he was killed by Pakistanis moron.

I can careless about his dumbass looking for a story.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 06:54:54 AM by Amūn Ra »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 08:40:12 AM »
Im glad I aint no american, since I'd be in big shame right now.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

JTSimon

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 12:04:27 PM »
^ He's from Germany smart guy.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 12:08:32 PM by Amūn Ra »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 12:08:50 PM »

so youre gonna show me some Holocaust pics now Engel? Wow.
No, it's not a sin

JTSimon

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 12:12:56 PM »

so youre gonna show me some Holocaust pics now Engel? Wow.

Krayze never goes off topic  ;D

Woodrow

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 12:48:18 PM »
How is this going off topic?

I'm exposing you two for the knee-jerk morons that you are.

I showed you an example of the british troops doing the exact same shit, and you completely ignored it.

It just shows where your true priorties lie.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2004, 03:48:55 PM »
if I'd happen to see a pedo in front of me, Id beat the shit out of him - not taking into account that he's unfortunately not the only pedo in the world.
No, it's not a sin

JTSimon

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2004, 04:12:28 PM »
How is this going off topic?

I'm exposing you two for the knee-jerk morons that you are.

I showed you an example of the british troops doing the exact same shit, and you completely ignored it.

It just shows where your true priorties lie.

Mentioning daniel pearle was off topic and now you know it.

British Troops are part of Operation Iraqi Freedom and the article you linked only listed 1 guy  ;D whoopty dooo.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 04:13:23 PM by Amūn Ra »

JTSimon

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2004, 04:57:57 AM »
lol you can cancel that whoopty doooo.

The paper claims British soldiers handed over the photos

Code: [Select]
Armed Forces Minister Adam Ingram has said if pictures of British soldiers torturing an Iraqi prisoner are genuine then they are "appalling".
The Mirror says the pictures were handed over by British soldiers from the Queen's Lancashire Regiment who claimed a rogue element in the British army was responsible for abusing prisoners and civilians.
Speaking on condition of anonymity, the soldiers told the paper no charges were brought against the unnamed captive.
They allege that during his eight-hour ordeal he was threatened with execution, his jaw broken and his teeth smashed.
After being beaten and urinated on, he was driven away and dumped from the back of a moving vehicle, the soldiers claimed, unaware if he was dead.
In a press conference, Sir Mike Jackson, Chief of General Staff, said: "If proven, the perpetrators are not fit to wear the Queen's uniform and they have besmirched the Army's good name and conduct."
Ahmed al-Sheik, editor-in-chief of Arab TV news channel, said the photographs would outrage Arabs around the world.
"These scenes are humiliating not only to the Iraqis, but to every Arab citizen around the world," he told BBC Two's Newsnight.
Meanwhile former foreign secretary Lord Hurd said the situation in Iraq was in danger of spiralling out of control.
"In Iraq we're in a nosedive. Things are happening which were entirely predictable and predicted.
"An army of liberation, particularly a British/American one, turns within hours into an army of occupation."  

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3675723.stm

« Last Edit: May 01, 2004, 04:59:03 AM by Amūn Ra »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2004, 06:49:10 AM »
its a terrible shame what they have done, they have completely disgraced our army and nation

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2004, 08:12:36 AM »
Big fucking deal..."OMG they are taking pictures" WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! They are prisoners not honored guests. You don't have to treat them with hugs and kisses. I'd piss on someone that tryed to kill me to.