Author Topic: Ice Cube - Lethal Injection  (Read 736 times)

That_Cracka_J

Ice Cube - Lethal Injection
« on: June 15, 2002, 05:05:06 PM »
Ice Cube – Lethal Injection

1. Intro
2. Really doe…Head noddin’ production.  Hella dope flow and nice hook.  4.5/5
3. Ghetto bird…A great story about being chased the police.  Dope production accompanies the tight flow and lyrics.  4/5
4. You know how we do it…Nice laidback beat matched with that high-pitched squealing that sets the song off.  Cube does an amazing job on the mic.  5/5
5. Cave bitch…Funny intro.  Song about white women.  It’s a decent track, but I’m not really feelin’ it.  3.5/5
6. Bop gun (One nation)…Different kind of song for Cube.  Lyrics are on point and George Clinton’s presence on the track is perfect.  The song is just way too long.  3.5/5
7. What can I do?…The lyrics are dope ass hell, but this beat really doesn’t do them justice.  3.5/5
8. Lil ass gee…Good lyrical content about young gangsters.  Production lacks.  3/5
9. Make it ruff, make it smooth…K-Dee and Ice Cube trade lyrics over an average beat about their different lifestyles.  3/5
10.   Down for whatever…The beat is way too slow.  Cube sounds alright, but the rhyme is too slow because of the beat.  It’s kind of catchy though.  3.5/5
11.   Enemy…Harder production is present here.  Cube’s lyrics are more intense than many previous tracks.  I’m still not diggin’ the beat.  3/5
12.   When I get to Heaven…Laidback beat.  Cube sounds good on the track with lyrics that match well to the production.  3.5/5

OVERALL…6.5/10

If only the album could maintain the same intensity as the first three tracks.  The production lacks heavily on tracks 7-12 for Ice Cube’s flow.  He even seems to compromise his flow to match the lacks-a-daisy production, therefore his intense delivery is not heard.  That’s probably why “Bootlegs & B-sides” contained so many remixes from this album.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ice Cube - Lethal Injection
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2002, 05:43:04 PM »
naw id give "Bop Gun" "Make it ruff, make it smooth" & "Down for wutever" all 5 becuz these r sum tite tite songz IMO but yeah bop gun iz a lil long thatz why i listen 2 the clean version but id give it a 7 or 7.5

Smooth

Re: Ice Cube - Lethal Injection
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2002, 06:50:12 PM »
nice review... id change "Bop Gun" to a 4... and id give "Make it rough make it smooth" a 4.5... overall id give it a a 7.

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0