Author Topic: Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2  (Read 1780 times)

Don Breezio

Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2
« on: April 30, 2004, 12:26:48 PM »

1.   Revolutionary (Intro) – Good Intro…set the tone of the cd in a way…using clips from movies like Scarface…won’t give it a rating cuz its not a song

2.   The Point Of No Return – great song to start off the album…hot beat…dope lyrics…tech really shines on this one…10/10

3.   Peruvian Cocaine (feat. CrayzWalz, Pumpkin Head, Loucipher, Tonedeff, Diabolic, & Poison Pen) – this song was a great concept…all artists on the song played a specific part in the cocaine production etc…the fact that the beat was an old song from the movie Scarface just added to the effect of the song…10/10

4.   Harlem Streets – I love the beat to this…its very laid back and the song just makes you wanna sit, chill, and think…the lyrics are great as always…no special concepts or anything for the song…but its very dope…10/10

5.   Obnoxious – I love the lyrics to this song…the beat was pretty hot but it gets old after awhile…but the lyrics to this are pretty amusing…the title of the song is very fitting..”Get the picture nigga, I’m the best of both worlds, without the hidden camera, and the 12 year old girl!” 8/10

6.   The Message & The Money – this is just an interlude with tech talking…but it’s a really good interlude…I love this line: “You want me to go shopping, cook the food, & put it in front of you…but you won’t let me sit down and eat with you? Fuck That!” 8/10

7.   Industrial Revolution (feat. DJ Roc-Raida) – this song is pretty good…good lines in the song…the beat was dope but nowhere near the best…techs flow wasn’t as on point as it normally is…but it was a dope track nonetheless “Our metaphors are dirty like herpes but harder to catch”…8/10

8.   Crossing The Boundary – I really love this beat…and the lyrics are hot…I had to laugh when he said “hey yo Marvin Gaye…what the fuck is goin on? These rap niggas made propaganda outta your song” – 9/10

9.   Sierra Maestra – just a boring little interlude…I could’ve done without it

10.   The 4th Branch – with tech being on the political tip…I think this was one of his best lyrically….and the beat is sick as hell…its got a nice dark feeling to it…this is one of my favorite tracks from the album – 10/10

11.   Internally Bleeding – the beat on this song really impressed me…as well as the lyrics…I think he used some of his best lyrics on this one in general…he didn’t go for tons of metaphors or anything he just spit real shit….great song…10/10

12.   Homeland & Hip Hop (feat. Mumia Abu Jamal) – I give this one a 10/10 right off the bat even though its an interlude…one of my favorite tracks on the cd…Mumia talking about hip hop from deathrow…says some very deep stuff…Free Mumia

13.   The Cause Of Death – this beat is really hot…in fact its probably my 2nd favorite beat on here (behind Freedom Of Speech). He gets pretty graphics to start off with but he throws some dope lyrics in it…I’d give it a 9.5/10

14.   Freedom Of Speech – this is my favorite track on the cd…the way the guy flipped the pinnochio song into a track talking about how no record labels or A&R’s are going to control him…he wants to spit whatever he wants…10/10

15.   Leaving The Past – another beat I really love…its very laid back…it’s a somewhat inspiring song…or atleast it tries to be…though its very hard to make a song that actually will inspire people…but this one was dope nonetheless…good lyrics “humanities gone, smoked up in a gravity bong, by a democrat, republican, cheech & chong”…and my other favorite line from the song “Since life’s a gamble like the craps tables in Vegas, I freestyle my destiny, it’s not written in pages” 9/10

16.   Truths Razors – boring skit…I mean…what the chick says is true and all…but it was just kinda random I guess
17.   You Never Know (feat. Jean Grae) – my other favorite track on the cd…the beat is very very relaxed but somewhat depressing…the lyrics are some of the saddest I’ve ever heard…but this guy can tell a story like one of the greats. Such a dope track…10/10

18.   One Remix (feat. Akir) – dope remix…though I wish I could find the OG version…but this song is really hot…it doesn’t really sound like techs normal style in my opinion but it’s a dope track…9/10

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 09:22:39 PM »
Pretty much my feelings on the ratings, that Mumia Speech is one of the greatest parts of the CD. Great speech.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 03:49:22 AM »
props on the review...just recently copped this and its dope  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 07:11:14 AM »
Dope review Luke. Looking forward to your review of his other album now ;)

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2004, 01:38:48 AM »
Dope review Luke. Looking forward to your review of his other album now ;)

yea i'll probably do that one tomorrow...just did this one first cuz i like it better.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2004, 11:56:53 AM »
great review, amazing album, every song is pretty puch 9 or 10 our of 10

ez8o5

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 01:47:09 AM »
wow great review, just made me wanna download the entire album

Don Breezio

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 12:15:23 AM »
wow great review, just made me wanna download the entire album

if u download it and like it...do him a favor and buy it cuz he hasn't sold as many albums as he should...sadly

Hole Is Ice

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2004, 01:41:27 PM »
7.   Industrial Revolution (feat. DJ Roc-Raida) &#8211; this song is pretty good&#8230;good lines in the song&#8230;the beat was dope but nowhere near the best&#8230;techs flow wasn&#8217;t as on point as it normally is&#8230;but it was a dope track nonetheless &#8220;Our metaphors are dirty like herpes but harder to catch&#8221;&#8230;8/10

wtf u smokin nigga this track is 1 of his best lyrically and flow wise. the verses on this song are 10/10. the beat takes a lil away but damn i seen u rate worse songs higher. i want you to change the review of this track

Don Breezio

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2004, 11:39:31 PM »
lmao @ i want you to change the review on this track...man he's had way better lyrically and his flow was nothing on that track as it is to a track like the point of no return or freedom of speech. and lyrically songs like the cause of death, obnoxious, the 4th branch, and crossing the boundary killed that song.

Sikotic™

Re: Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2004, 04:22:27 PM »
Not as good as Vol. 1, but still a great album 7.5/10
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

xOvErDozEx

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2004, 10:38:25 AM »
definately worth buying

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2004, 10:52:09 AM »
i thought it was a great album i'd give it a 8.5/10

xOvErDozEx

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2004, 07:26:35 PM »
i bought this cd a few days ago and im still loving it lol

my favorite two tracks were "Point Of No Return" And "Obnoxious"

I love it when he said "Ill Throw Up Ya Gang Sign And Then Ill Spit On My Hand"

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2004, 11:52:23 PM »
I think next to 2pac NAs Joe Budden...this guy is my favorite rapper i jus got his CD from a friend..he says shyt i wuz waitin for an MC to talk about..specially since im Persian ..a middle eastern =p i luv his political rhymes to. and his punchlines r disgusting.