Author Topic: CORMEGA TO RELEASE LEGAL HUSTLE (Full story w/tracklist,production notes,pics)  (Read 285 times)

Efrain

CORMEGA TO RELEASE LEGAL HUSTLE ALBUM MAY 25, 2004 FEATURING MOP, GHOSTFACE, AZ, KURUPT, JAYO FELONY, LEGAL HUSTLE'S FIRST ARTIST, DOŅA AND OTHERS.

After releasing two critically acclaimed LPs, The True Meaning (June 25, 2002) and The Realness (July 24, 2001), and winning a 2003 Source Award in the new category of Independent Album of the Year for The True Meaning, Cormega returns with the Legal Hustle album to be released May 25, 2004 on Legal Hustle Records distributed by Koch. "Legal Hustle showcases everything that we're trying to bring as a company in 2004 and 2005. It's like giving you the access code to Legal Hustle's vault." The album features Doņa - the first artist signed to Legal Hustle Records, MOP, Ghostface, Kurupt, Jayo Felony, reggae artists Vybz Kartel and Unda P, introducing new artists like Banger, Lake, Miz, and Whitney Houston's former background singer, Kira, with production by Ayatollah, AX, Emile, and J. Waxx Garfield, among others.
Unlike the average artist who only collaborates with the hottest artist out, Cormega prefers to work with people he's feeling, not based on sales, popularity, or who they're down with. "For this album, I decided to do collaborations with artists who are either close friends or artists who I respect." For example on "Let It Go," featuring MOP produced by Emile, Cormega explains, "I always wanted to do a song with MOP because they're real. We talked about doing something together when I recorded The Realness in 2001, so when we had a chance to get into the studio, we made it happen. "I'm a fan of animation and graffiti, so we had Plates Animation do an animated video for the MOP song which will most likely be added as a bonus to the album."
On "Deep Blue Sea" featuring Kurupt and Jayo Felony produced by Emile, Cormega experiments with a completely different sound. "This year I'm coming with a lot of projects, so versatility is important or else my fans will get bored with all the music we have coming out. Jayo Felony kinda flips his flow and he got me hyped, so I flipped mine."  Cormega adds, "Kurupt and Jayo Felony are two west coast MCs who I respect, so I went out to Los Angeles to record with them."
Other highlights on the album include "Tony.Montana" featuring Ghostface produced by The Fiel Brothers.  The laid back "Stay Up" samples Teddy Pendergrass' classic slow jam and features Whitney Houston's former background singer, Kira, on the melody and a reunion between Cormega and AZ on "Redemption," produced by Emile which doesn't disappoint.  Queensbridge meets Kingston on reggae dancehall track "Dangerous," featuring Vybz Kartel and Unda P.
Several producers featured on Legal Hustle have been featured on Cormega's previous album including Ayatollah, Emile, and J. Waxx Garfield but others make their Legal Hustle debut including The Fiel Brothers, Bear One, Robert Rieves, Will Fulton, Spung Bigga, and Queens producer AX who produced three tracks on the album and co-produced the intro with Cormega & The Feil Brothers.  
Doņa, Legal Hustle first signee is highlighted on at least six songs on the Legal Hustle album. "Doņa is incredible!!! I can't even explain how she rhymes. When you hear her, you're gonna be curious to see how she looks because she sounds like she's real gutter and ugly," Cormega explains. Doņa's album, My Brother's Keeper will drop late 2004.  
Following the Legal Hustle album, Cormega will release the high anticipated Testament album, his third solo album, Urban Legend, Dona's solo album, and a DVD featuring behind the scenes footage. The DVD will also include never before seen exclusive music videos from The Realness and The True Meaning including "The Come Up" featuring Large Professor, "Built For This," "Get Out My Way" and "RU My N***a."  

Album track listing for Legal Hustle:

1."Intro" - Cormega produced by The Feil Brothers, AX, and co-produced by Cormega
2."Beautiful Mind" - Cormega produced by Cormega
3."Let It Go" - Cormega featuring MOP produced by Emile.
4."The Bond,"- Dona featuring Cormega produced by "Bear One" for Control Freaks
5."Bring It Back," - Cormega produced by Ayatollah.
6."Hoody"- Cormega featuring Dona and Tony Touch (DJ) produced by Cormega
7."Dangerous" - Cormega feat. Vybez Kartel & Unda P produced by J. Waxx Garfield &
    Will Fulton
8."Tony.Montana" - Cormega featuring Ghostface produced by The Fiel Brothers
9."Personified" - Cormega featuring Dona produced by Spunk Bigga
10."Stay Up" - Cormega featuring Kira produced by Cormega
11."Deep Blue Sea" - Cormega featuring Kurupt & Jayo Felony produced  
      by Emile
12."Monsters Ball" - Cormega featuring Banger, Lake, and Maino produced by AX.
13."More Crime" - Cormega featuring Jacka produced by Maki for Blahk Fatigue.
14."Redemption"- Cormega featuring AZ produced by Emile.
15."Respect Me" - Cormega featuring Dona produced by AX
16."Sugar, Ray, and Hearns" - Cormega featuring Large Professor produced J Love
17."The Machine" - Cormega featuring Dona and MIZ produced by AX.

Check out http://www.4sightmedia.com/cormega_info.htm
to hear audio of 4 full tracks off the album.

http://www.4sightmedia.com/images/Legal%20Hustle/hi/p4.jpg
http://www.4sightmedia.com/images/Legal%20Hustle/hi/p2.jpg

Edit: Img removed, BIG ass pix

« Last Edit: May 02, 2004, 08:00:09 PM by Jome »

Jome

That is good looking, added it to The Vault..  8)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn, compare the guest "list" of "True Meaning" to this one...that's how the game seems to work at the moment which in Cory's case is kinda sad to me. Still looks nice tho

Jome

damn, compare the guest "list" of "True Meaning" to this one...that's how the game seems to work at the moment which in Cory's case is kinda sad to me. Still looks nice tho

Nothing sad about having M.O.P., Jayo Felony, Kurupt, Ghostface & AZ etc. on your album..  8)
It does kinda look like a compilation though..

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Nothing sad about having M.O.P., Jayo Felony, Kurupt, Ghostface & AZ etc. on your album..  8)
It does kinda look like a compilation though..

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah, it's a dope guest list but Cormega's a MC who can shine without any help and sum tracks are better if only one rapper spits on em. I wouldn't wanna hear nobody else on a track like "True Meaning" or "Live Ya Life" feel me. Luckily most of the guests are tight