Author Topic: Makaveli: The 7 Day Theory  (Read 583 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Makaveli: The 7 Day Theory
« on: May 09, 2002, 08:45:37 AM »
I don't think anyone has done this for a while, so this will be my first review:

Makaveli - Don Kiluminati: The 7 Day Theory

Being released only months after his untimely death The 7 Day Theory is often hailed as the best work that Pac ever produced. It obviously went straight to number one on the billboard chart and soon millions of people would start wondering about his death after reading the clues contained within the music and the album sleeve.

Bomb First feat Outlawz

This track starts with a report on the effect that Makaveli is going to have on the music industry and how their are many rappers looking to assasinate 2 Pac. The song is basically an introduction to Makaveli and The Outlaw. With a hard beat and great raps from Pac and the Outlawz this song is a great way to start off the album.
4.5/5

Hail Mary

Come on everyone has heard this song. A great slow beat with a catchy hook and typical Pac lyrics combine to make a great song.
5/5

Toss It Up feat Danny Boy, KCi and JoJo

Maybe the worst song on the album but this song is still a banger. My main problem with the track is that you don't get enough of Pac on this track. He opens the song but then you have to wait through the three rnb singers doing verse stints each before you get any more Pac. However Pac's last verse is prehaps my favourite ever from him, dissing Dre in great style. He also threatens Puff Daddy in his talking at the end of the song.
3.5/5

To Live and Die In L.A feat Val Young

Great laid back beat, Val Young provides an almost perfect hook for the song, and 2 Pac raps about life in L.A. This is a great song and in the last verse Pac calls out most of the Death Row camp. Pure brilliance.
5/5

Blasphemy

After a spooky intro with a verse from the bible being read, followed by the hook to the song which is quite haunting. The song is basically Pac rapping about his family history and the faith of his family. The song is very spooky and it works perfectly.
4.5/5

Life Of An Outlaw feat Outlawz

Great song about what it is like to live your life as an Outlaw. Both Pac and the Lawz bring straight heat on another relatively laid back beat.
5/5

Just Like Daddy feat Outlawz

Another laid back beat, once again with great flows from Pac and The Outlawz over it combine to provide us with another classic.
4.5/5

Krazy feat Bad Azz

This is basically a song to smoke weed to. The beat accompanies the track perfectly, and with inch perfect raps from both Pac and Bad Azz this song is my favourite on the whole album.
5/5

White Man'z World

This song is the equivalent to Dear Mama but just for Pac's sister instead. The song is talking about black women surviving in a male dominated white man's world. Great compassionate raps by Pac and a great hook make this song excellent in every way.
5/5

Me and My Girlfriend

Storm talks us into the song, before Pac comes in with his ideal vision for him and his girlfriend. This is one of the harder songs on the album, yet it still manages to continue the laid back style of the whole album with another memorable hook, and straight dopeness from Pac on his raps.
5/5

Hold Ya Head feat Tyrone Wrice

A very deep song telling people stuck in prison to just look to the future when they get out and don't give up. Slow beat with on the point raps from Pac = greatness.
5/5

Against All Odds

This is a straight out diss song. The beat continues in the vain showed by the rest of the album and Pac's raps hit the spot with ease dissing the hell out of Nas, Mobb Deep and anyone else that he felt deserved it. A perfect way to finish a perfect album.
5/5

Basically if you haven't got the idea from the review so far, this really is a must have album. The whole album really is Pac at his best, and it really is in my opinion Pac's greatest album. Judging by this effort who knows what an ever improving Pac would have been able to pull off with his next album. We will probably never know but anyways this is an essential purchase for anyone who likes hip hop or just music in general.

Overall : 10/10
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: Makaveli: The 7 Day Theory
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2002, 11:10:05 AM »
Nice review man. Touches on why this album is such a classic. I personally don't think it's 'Pac's best work though, I think AEOM is his best LP to date, but this LP is definatly up there.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2002, 11:26:09 AM »
>= link=board=albumreview;num=1020969938;start=0#1 date=05/09/02 at 16:10:05]Nice review man. Touches on why this album is such a classic. I personally don't think it's 'Pac's best work though, I think AEOM is his best LP to date, but this LP is definatly up there.

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

shlomid1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • g-funk 4 ever!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2002, 11:01:01 PM »
nice review i think that toss it up and just like daddy are 5/5.
westside!!!!

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2002, 10:46:07 AM »
Classic album, but Me Against The World and All Eyez On Me are both slightly better.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Doggystylin

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2002, 12:45:48 PM »
Classic album, but Me Against The World and All Eyez On Me are both slightly better.

yeah thats how i feel ,and whats amazing is that all three albums are a whole different style and on a whole different vibe, pac was truly amazing

Smooth

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2002, 07:30:02 PM »
>= link=board=albumreview;num=1020969938;start=0#1 date=05/09/02 at 16:10:05]Nice review man. Touches on why this album is such a classic. I personally don't think it's 'Pac's best work though, I think AEOM is his best LP to date, but this LP is definatly up there.

on point...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

BossPlaya

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Much Luv2 lil Villian N NINO Tha Mack OCSA 4 LIFE
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2002, 08:16:42 PM »
I agrre with u on everything ya said but i think toss it up deserves a 4.5 n KRAZY is my fave song on tha whole album 2

"i putz it down homie for tha BIG S.A 714 till i hit my grave O.C muthafucka till i reach tha top n even then foo i  just wont stop with my gangsta flows or my  gangsta mentality straight takin out all u muthafuckin WANNABES who pussied out cuz in tha city of Santa Ana we aint no nagels puro crazy pimps crazy gangb

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2002, 08:44:20 PM »

Krazy feat Bad Azz

This is basically a song to smoke weed to.

WORD.....me and my cuzins have alwayz said that about that song.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2002, 08:47:04 AM »

WORD.....me and my cuzins have alwayz said that about that song.....

yo same here man, me and my cuzins used to smoke to that tune
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2002, 08:47:39 AM »
Yeah I tell ya Krazy really is the best song ever to smoke weed to. This song is what started getting me into Bad Azz as well cause I hadn't really heard anything from him before I heard this song.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2002, 03:31:29 AM »
yo...real nice review...:)...(I just read it)...my faves on the
album r: "blasphemy","hail marry","krazy","hold ya head"
but the other ish is mostlly top notch as well.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

KVB

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2002, 05:06:09 AM »
Tight album, tight review... my favorite song on this record is "To Live And Die In L.A."

One

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2002, 09:26:48 AM »
His best next to matw.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

simplicate

• Lil Geezy
  • Tha Renegades
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2002, 11:59:42 AM »
Uh huh....The Don Killuminati (7 Day Theory) and All Eyez On Me are my 2 fav. cd's by Pac, but then again, every CD by Pac is my favorite.

Been getten worried that these square muthafuckers with nerves
sayin they can get with us but picture me gettin' served
My own mama say i'm thuged out
my shit be bumpin out tha record store as if it was a drug house