Author Topic: N.W.A. - Efil4zaggin  (Read 1787 times)

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: N.W.A. - Efil4zaggin
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2005, 05:34:07 AM »
This album is definitely important in the history of west coast hip hop - in tracks like Alwayz Into Something you can hear Dre's signiture sound over the next few years taking shape. But I agree with Tom187um - the subject matter throughout is just so fucking weak. It isn't even shocking, it's just boring. I seem to remember Ren rapping about getting his dick sucked by a 14 year old (R Kelly anyone?) - what the fuck do I possibly want to hear shit like that for?! Nah - this wasn't even close to classic, and could never leave the mark that Straight Outta Compton did. Sorry guys, but that's the way I feel...

I agree with everything you said.

Ice Cube was the conscience of the group so with him gone, NWA really went knee deep in the tasteless route. Always Into Something is an absolutely amazing track musically and he used that track to build upon his future production style.

That is so true
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2005, 04:31:37 AM »
anybody saying this was not a classic,is crazy.....5mics
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 08:06:43 PM »
I love this album! One of the best produced albums of all time.  The lyrics are over the top and extremely violent but that doesn't take away from the record at all, it's still dope.  Dre even added some reggae flavor on a couple of songs.  For anybody that does not have this album, go cop that shit right now!  You can even get a version that has the 100 Miles & Runnin EP.  I scratched up my original cd and had to replace it, and I got a re=issue that includes 100 Miles & Runnin.