Author Topic: Dj Jazzy Jeff - "The Magnificent" Review.  (Read 590 times)

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
Dj Jazzy Jeff - "The Magnificent" Review.
« on: June 04, 2002, 12:10:41 AM »
01 DJ Jazzy Jeff - The Magnificent  
02 Chef Word - Shake It Off  
03 Baby Blak And Pauly Yamz - For The Love Of The Game  
04 Baby Blak And Pauly Yamz - Worldwide  
05 Shawn Stockman And Cy Young - How I Do  
06 J Live - Break It Down  
07 Oddisee - Musik Lounge  
08 Erro - Rock Wit U  
09 Freddie Foxxx - Scram  
10 Raheem - My Peoples  
11 Chef Word And Pauly Yamz - Know Yur Hood  
12 Flo Brown And Raheem - Love Savior  
13 The Last Emperor - Mystery Man  
14 Cy Young And Raheem - We Are  
15 J Live - Charmed Life  
16 Jill Scott - We Live In Philly  
17 Vee - In Time  

been waiting a while to here this one from one of the often overlooked legends of hip-hop....  

lets go.  

"The Magnificent" starts off with an old Fresh Prince sample... I recognize the beat on the track... but I don't know from where.. feel's Tribe-ish. I believe it's Baby Blak on the title track... he does a nice job...  

"Shake It Off" haha... i like the vocal sample... beat is nice too... the rhyming is alright... laid back... this is really feeling like a summer LP. I always enjoy when Jeff gets off on the tables...  

"For The Love Of The Game" THE song of the summer... whoever hasn't heard this, well... i feel for you. same sample as Artifacts "Hot" remix from years ago, but extended.  

"Worldwide" Not as dope as the previous joints... i think the beat needs to be mixed a bit louder... the sample anyways. still above average. Hook is okay.  

"How I Do" I dig the Boyz II Men/mixed with Hip-Hop vibe.. but then i'm diggin the new BIIM LP as well.. Cy Young is okay on the mic.. nothing amazing... beat is cool.  

"Break It Down" rhymes are dope, not suprising since its J-Live... beat is nice as well... nice to hear Jeff break it off on the tables...  

"Musik Lounge" Dope beat! mic work is pretty good... though not as good as the previous joint (following J-Live is bound to make you seem ordinary)... very nice laid back joint...  

"Rock Wit U" more good production... r&b joint... but very well done...  

"Scram" i like this joint too... suprising since freddie foxxx usually irritates me.. but he sounds good on this track... not as scream-happy as usual... the hooks is pretty good... dig the beat...  

"My Peoples" nice beat... feels more soul than R&B... Raheem is impressive....  

"Know Ur Hood" another nice track production wise... i'm digging the sample/drum style on this album... the rhyming is above average... on topic... keeps the vibe of the LP.  

"Love Savior" like the beat... nicely put together... Flo Brown seems pretty good too.. at least she doesnt have an annoying voice... sung hook is good, goes with the song  

"Mystery Man" definitely a track i've been waiting for... Last Emp is good on here... beat is okay, but Emp outshines it. hook is good...  

"We Are" like the beat... this feels so much like a summer LP... the rhyming is alright... nothing special... i like the hook though.  

"Charmed Life" digging the layered production... this has the kind of deep funk you only feel from a few producers... J-Live is nice of course.... very dope track  

"We Live In Philly" dope beat... haha... some crazy stuff on this track.. lots of philly b-ball cats get shouted out... Bo Kimble, Hank Gathers, Pooh Richardson, Lionel Simmons...  

"In Time" wow... crazy vibe on this song... very fast tempo... its pretty good...  

overall, good album... well produced... some very nice MC and vocalist appearances... the spots where Jazzy gets down on the tables are especially nice for me... no straight out bad songs on this... couple of average joints... several songs im really liking...  

beats = 9.5/10  
vocals = 8/10  
overall = 9/10
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

KVB

Re: Dj Jazzy Jeff - "The Magnificent" Review.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2002, 01:46:08 AM »
Wrong forum... post this at the board called "Album Review".

bricklayer

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2002, 06:54:28 AM »
kvb .....if the cat wants to post that shyt here, apprciate his input and respect it instead of worryin about your precious forum and where its supposed to and not supposed to posted.......a yo nice post yo
iladelph style baby
always got love for jazzy jeff
peace

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2002, 08:36:59 AM »
my bad, i thought this qualified as "HOT" info on an upcoming LP... plus i didnt see the review forum down there
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All