Author Topic: who have you seen perform live before?  (Read 363 times)

hector

Re:who have you seen perform live before?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2004, 01:10:36 PM »
Whats the best concert line-up you have been to at one event?

Mine is Up in Smoke (and I'm sure it will be for most people)

SGV

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2004, 01:21:08 PM »
Whats the best concert line-up you have been to at one event?

Mine is Up in Smoke (and I'm sure it will be for most people)
Probably Up In Smoke for me, too.

Some other dope line ups though were: E-40, B-Legit, Suga T, Too Short, G'Fellas, Bone, Outlawz, Foesum, Kam, Booyaa T.R.I.B.E., Caz and others.

Or: Cypress Hill, 311, System Of A Down, Dilated Peoples, Xzibit, Tha Liks, Limp Bizkit, Erick Sermon, Redman, Gangstarr, Freddie Foxxx and others.

Or: Cypress Hill, Linkin Park, DMX, Booyaa T.R.I.B.E., Aceyalone(with Project Blowed), SX10, Xzibit, Strong Arm Steady, Body Count, M.O.P., Hieroglyphics and others.

OR!: Raekwon, Beatnuts, Tha Liks, Jayo Felony, Planet Asia, Aceyalone(with Project Blowed), Mystic, Queenie and others.

I been to good shows.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 01:22:30 PM by SGV »

We Fly High

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2004, 01:59:39 PM »
damn SGV, that show with e-40, b legit, foesum too short ,  g fellas, kam and bone and shit woulda been fucking crazy.. when was that show held? damn.. thats a line up not to be missed.. i would love to see foesum live.

but yeah up in smoke tour definitely the best line up at one event.. till this day it still surprises me how they managed to get all those acts together at one place and be able to tour the country all together.. it was just the most ridiculous show ive ever seen.

some pretty crazy line ups for me was  KMEL house of soul.. probably in a 1200 person venue..in the same venue that it shows Kanye performing at in Frisco in his MTV diary,   and it was Goapele, Zion I, Gangstarr, Big Shugg, Freddie Foxx, Krumbsnatcha, Talib Kweli, Kanye West, Jazzyfatnastees, Common, Erykah Badu, i think i missed a few in there..

another one that was pretty good was ROck the bells:
mos def, talib kweli, hi tek, dave chappelle, strong arm steady, sly boogy, supernatural, project blowed, styles of beyond...i forgot who else..

but one show that i  HIGHLY suggest you guys go to is a George Clinton show.. i went to one in NYC with the George and the p fuink all stars and Shock G... man.. that shit was straight insane. nonstop jammin. SGV i remember you said that you relaly liked the Roots live, i think you would love seeing these guys as well.. i think after the up in smoke tour, the george clinton show was probably my next favorite show..  

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2004, 02:01:45 PM »
started with MC HAMMER back in the day
Bruce Springsteen
Prince
James Taylor
Dave Matthews Band (4x)
Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Beck
Crosby, Stills Nash and Young
Neil Young
Snoop, Dre, Xzibit, Eminem, Cube, WC, Mack 10, TQ, tha Eastsidaz, Warren G, the Whole Up In Smoke Tour (2x)
Digital Underground (2x)
Dilated Peoples
Common (2x)
Bilal
Omar
Andre Nickatina (2X)
Equipto (2x)
San Quinn (2x)
Xzibit
Liks
Outkast
Ludacris
Prince
Kanye West
Kweli (3X)
50 Cent
Jay Z
Busta Rhymes
Young Gunz, Freeway, Memphis Bleek
Roots
Gangstarr
Dead Prez
Les Nubians
Bahamadia
Bad Azz
Ras Kass
Blackalicious

all i can think of right now....

Don Breezio

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2004, 10:22:08 PM »
just found out...as long as i can get tickets...im gonna go see talib kweli & mf doom on may 27th  8) 8) 8)

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2004, 08:54:51 AM »

Gangstarr + Big Shug (with Redrama, Estelle as support)

What'cha think of Redrama though? The only Finnish Hip-Hop artists to make it outside his own country.

Redrama was ok, didn't really stand out to me, but they weren't anything terrible. He was actually in the crowd itself when Gangstarr came out, handing out Redrama t-shirts.

And Kuruption-81, whens Mos playing?