Author Topic: my life is incredibly boring.  (Read 535 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
my life is incredibly boring.
« on: May 06, 2004, 06:47:00 PM »
does anyone else feel this way? i've noticed that for the past few years, I've felt this way, but it never really hit me until now.

i graduated college two years ago, and immediatly after college i went travelling throughout europe for a couple of months. all i could do when i was there was wish that i was home. then i got home and realized that i had no real goals in life and no real direction. then, after much internal struggle, i decided to get off my ass in california and move to new york to get a nice job. i worked my ass off and now i'm in new york, working on wall street and i'm bored out of my mind. i come home and just watch tv or fuck around on www.dubcc.com.

i got probably the best girlfriend in my life and i can't help but feel like an asshole because i'm just boring and bored around her. i've just recently noticed that the main thing that kept me 'not-bored' was that i'd break up with a girl as soon as possible after sex in order to find someone new and mysterious. that shits fucked up.

i used to buy lots of cds to keep my interested in something, but now i feel like there isn't really anything that catches my interest anymore.

anyways, it's driving me crazy. i feel like a waste of life. i want some fucking hobbies or something that i can look forward to. the problem is (like kanye said) "you gotta be rich just to be poor here." it's true. 6 dollars for milk? i thought about taking classes, but after living in california where you can take 5 credits for 25 bucks, it's hard to accept paying 600 for 5 credits. i read a lot, but reading just sounds boring, although it's not really that boring.

i used to play a lot of basketball, but recently my ankles have been acting up and my doctor told me that my ankles and feet are a "basketball nightmare." so he's suggested physical therapy. but i don't have the money. so my recourse is to not play ball.

i kinda thought that i'd be able to have some fun with that music program fruity loops, but it's like trying to decipher the rosetta stone. i'm using my cousins copy, and there are 4000000000 things to do, none of which i know how. it's frustrating and i just don't seem to have the motivation or energy to try to learn it.

on top of all that, moving to new york is somewhat like going to a foreign country. it's really difficult to make friends. people are so absorbed in their own lives that no one really has time to stop and talk to anyone new. it's crazy because i notice it myself. for example, someone knocked me over today on the train, and i didn't even look at the person to acknowledge them. and yesterday, someone dropped their bag on the back of my foot while i was walking, causing my shoe to come off, and i didn't even look at the person to acknowledge their apology. it's interesting to see how wrapped up we get out here.

i'm proud of myself for taking the leap of faith in moving to a new place (3000) miles away in order to try something new, but now i find myself in the same predicament. i'm bored out of my mind.

i would like to pose a question at the end of this rant, but i don't know if it really matters. i'm sure many of you (if you have the patience to read this) are going to tell me all about yourselves, and how much smarter and more clever you are than me, but that's not really what i want to hear. i guess i just wanna hear what you guys do when you get bored. cuz everybody gets bored. (i think). they say that people who are bored are boring people. i don't want to believe it, but i have a sneaking suscpicion it might be true.....

i don't know how to close this so i'll just do it like this.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:my life is incredibly boring.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 08:26:27 PM »
convert to Islam. Infinite will give u the run down and I'll coach.

Either that or become a Pothead, what ever comes first.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 08:48:26 PM »
convert to Islam. Infinite will give u the run down and I'll coach.

Either that or become a Pothead, what ever comes first.

i was once a pothead....that's a good idea. seriously, if i was a pothead, i don't think i would be that bored. but it'd fuck up other parts of my life.

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 09:08:21 PM »
Your problem is you're looking for something that isn't there.  You have to eventually, somehow, get to a point where you can sit in a dark room alone and be happy.  You're alive, life can't be all that boring.  I won't preach to you because you don't want to hear it, and most don't respect my opinion anyways, but good luck!

JTSimon

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 09:18:53 PM »
Yeah sometimes life gets boring anyways you got me thinking about this song.
 :D

Stacie Orrico - More To Life

I've got it all, but I feel so deprived
I go up, I come down, and I'm emptier inside
Tell me what is this thing that I feel like I'm missing
and why can't I let it go?

(Chorus)
There's gotta be more to life
than chasing out every temporary high to satisfy me
'Cause the more that I
trippin' up thinkin' there must be more to life
Well, there's life, but I'm sure
There's gotta be more

(I'm wanting more)

I've got the time, and I'm wasting it slowly
And, at this moment, I'm halfway out the door
Onto the next thing I'm searching for something that's missing

(Chorus)

(I'm wanting more)
(I'm just waiting for something)
other than this
'Cause I'm feeling like there's something I'm missing

(Chorus 2X, key change)

more to, more to, more to life
more to, more to life
more to, more to life
There's gotta be more
more to life...

Floydness

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 09:58:18 PM »
i kinda know what u feel like, i dont even think im gonna graduate because im so fucking lazy and nothing motivates me. i do the basics, see my friends sometimes on weekdays and see my bf on weekends. its pretty good... try learning something new, finding what u like, taking pics, meeting new people, writing, exploring new places, finding some new music, moving (maybe), new sports, movies, SOMETHING fun... u know? :-\

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 09:59:21 PM »
I'm glad I don't live in New York...LOL

Naah, I'm pretty bored as well, but not nearly as you..I'm still young though. I'm looking forward to taking a road trip after high school...PeACe

ecrazy

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 10:08:41 PM »
i got probably the best girlfriend in my life and i can't help but feel like an asshole because i'm just boring and bored around her. i've just recently noticed that the main thing that kept me 'not-bored' was that i'd break up with a girl as soon as possible after sex in order to find someone new and mysterious. that shits fucked up.

Like Chris Rock Said, You know your in love when your relationship is boring....if your in a bad relationship, there's always drama and you dont know what's gonna happen the next day...its oh so true

hector

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2004, 10:26:40 PM »
try doing some exercising, it can be cheap or free, and it does good for you.  try lifting weights, running, bike riding, or sports.  wrap your ankles with athletic tape.

Follow sports, and teams.  I luv baseball, football, and basketball.  I'm really into baseball and football, and I try to watch as many games as possible.  On tuesday I went to my first A's game of the year against the yankees.  to me man there ain't nothing better than tailgatting in a parking lot of a baseball game and getting fucked up, then goin in the ballpark.  Plus its good for conversations.

try thinking of skills you have, where you can earn income on the side.  I don't have a job right now, but I just move people, and I make a decent amount of money, especially for the time involved.

Kalashnikov

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004, 12:34:56 AM »
now i see what ppl mean when they say: get a life

West C. Connected

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2004, 03:45:20 AM »

Btw, Max, there's a remix to that song with Jin. :D

Anyway, I used to be bored a lot but uhmm not much lately really, just do something everyday, how hard can that be? ;D

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2004, 05:43:08 AM »

Btw, Max, there's a remix to that song with Jin. :D

Anyway, I used to be bored a lot but uhmm not much lately really, just do something everyday, how hard can that be? ;D

i do things every day. they're just boring things.

and thanks for all your replies.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2004, 07:51:27 AM »
Deepen yourself in a subject that interests you.

Set yourself some goals in life,for example:
Stay involved with all kinds of actual things. A debating club might be a great thing because it keeps you alert,it opens your mind to other's opinion and you can get the drive to shut that irritating person with the wrong opinions up once and for all. Also,it can gain you respect and status within this club wich might be a good drive as well. But the most important thing is it keeps you alert and prevents you from going intellectually dormant and this might make your life less boring.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Suga Foot

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2004, 08:35:13 AM »
Become a big brother  :D  

Volunteer at a soup kitchen  :D

I-Yoof

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2004, 08:49:26 AM »
Punch someone that you dislike. You'll find you get a great buzz from it.