Author Topic: Gang Starr - Who Got Gunz: dissing Bad Boy, Puffy??  (Read 1099 times)

SGV

Re:Gang Starr - Who Got Gunz: dissing Bad Boy, Puffy??
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2004, 09:09:41 PM »
Chino said it himself, there was no beef. They're metaphors man!

Jome, you have NO perception of what a diss is. Fame did NOT say "Paul, whatever." He said "You gangsta? Awww, Whatever!"

M.O.P. did NOT diss 112, Bad Boy or Diddy. People need to comprehend these disses better.

Jome

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2004, 11:51:02 PM »

Jome, you have NO perception of what a diss is. Fame did NOT say "Paul, whatever." He said "You gangsta? Awww, Whatever!"

M.O.P. did NOT diss 112, Bad Boy or Diddy. People need to comprehend these disses better.

Yeah, like Chino is gonna say "Fuck Pac" after he's dead, of course he's denying it.. ::)
Fame does NOT say "Awww", it's either "Paul" or "Pa"

"I'll show you +Bad Boy+ for real, Keep thinkin shit is +Peaches and Cream+"

You think that's a shoutout or props.. ??  :-X

Don Breezio

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2004, 11:52:49 PM »

Yeah, like Chino is gonna say "Fuck Pac" after he's dead, of course he's denying it.. ::)

its not props or a diss...its just clever word play

SGV

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2004, 12:10:13 AM »

Chino stated that before Pac died.  :-X

Whatever Fame says, it's NOT Paul. You're not hearing it right.

And to answer your question:

its not props or a diss...its just clever word play

Thank you for your time.

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2004, 08:11:26 AM »
Whatever Fame says, it's NOT Paul. You're not hearing it right.

if anybody's not hearin it right it's you cause one can clearly hear him saying "P".. there's no way he's sayin "aaw"..

+ Fame dissed him in an interview too when saying he didn't check the og cause he only likes gangsta shit which is pretty disrespectful considering that Fabolous is singing "ya know who keepin it gangsta" and talking about him being a g on the whole track

so yet again.. would he diss somebody he collaborated with before?

-yes

---

I doubt the creator of this thread inteded to define the thin line between what yall consider a "diss" or a "kind of disrespectful similie"
the point is: Fame implied that Puffy/the label/the artists.. ain't real "bad boys"

you might call it
just clever yet disrespectful word play
if it makes you feel better

SGV

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2004, 11:24:23 AM »
If it's a 'P', he probably says "Pa." As in Papi. But, it AIN'T Paul.

You would be dissing yourself if you're dissing the same artists you're collabing with.

And, no, there is no disrespect in that line. People read into things WAY too much.

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2004, 01:34:30 PM »
It's a p. I can't tell for sure that he's saying Paul but neither can u that he ain't and since he obiously doesn't care what Fab thinks anyway (if he did he wouldn't basically call him a fake g in the interview) I don't see why he couldn't have said 'Paul'

I think as long as he doesn't act like they real when collaborating with them (for instance saying sth like "me and the G'd up homie Fabolous...") he's not dissing himself.. he openly tells what he thinks about him, if the guy still wants to help him out by putting him on his album that's his thang/problem.. imo

Jome

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2004, 05:29:08 PM »
Chino stated that before Pac died.  :-X

Whatever, he could have gotten afraid or something..

If I said "You tricks getting beat up in gay clubs like SGV", then that would NOT be a diss to you, but clever wordplay.. ?

if anybody's not hearin it right it's you cause one can clearly hear him saying "P".. there's no way he's sayin "aaw"..

+ Fame dissed him in an interview too when saying he didn't check the og cause he only likes gangsta shit which is pretty disrespectful considering that Fabolous is singing "ya know who keepin it gangsta" and talking about him being a g on the whole track

so yet again.. would he diss somebody he collaborated with before?

-yes

Yup.

You would be dissing yourself if you're dissing the same artists you're collabing with.

Hahahaha.
50 collaboed with Justin Timberlake cuz he had a hot Timbaland beat, and then called Justin pussywhipped or something similar..

M.O.P. got on a pretty hot beat more or less destined for them to be on, since it was called "Keeping it gangsta", and then went to say that they don't check for Fabolous, since they only check gangstashit..

E40 did tracks with Justin Timberlake, Chingy, Nelly, Murphy Lee, and even Nick Cannon!!
Would he be dissing himself if he make disrespectful remarks to one of them.. ??
If he was dissing one of the tracks himself was featured on, yes, otherwise, probably not.
E.g. if 40 said "St.Lunatics album was shitty" would that be a diss to himself.. ?

SGV

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2004, 07:51:37 PM »

Whatever, he could have gotten afraid or something..

If I said "You tricks getting beat up in gay clubs like SGV", then that would NOT be a diss to you, but clever wordplay.. ?
LOL @ he could've gotten afraid. Horrible reasoning.

If you could give me a better example then maybe I'd agree with you, but that was a horrible attempt at writing a hot line. Just because someone's name is stated, that doesn't automatically mean they're getting dissed.

Hahahaha.
50 collaboed with Justin Timberlake cuz he had a hot Timbaland beat, and then called Justin pussywhipped or something similar..

M.O.P. got on a pretty hot beat more or less destined for them to be on, since it was called "Keeping it gangsta", and then went to say that they don't check for Fabolous, since they only check gangstashit..

E40 did tracks with Justin Timberlake, Chingy, Nelly, Murphy Lee, and even Nick Cannon!!
Would he be dissing himself if he make disrespectful remarks to one of them.. ??
If he was dissing one of the tracks himself was featured on, yes, otherwise, probably not.
E.g. if 40 said "St.Lunatics album was shitty" would that be a diss to himself.. ?

50 and E-40 hardly collabed with Justin. They busted verses on his beat. Justin collabed with The Clipse, Neptunes, Bubba Sparxxx, those were collabs. Horrible perception Jome. M.O.P. dissing someone for not being gangsta, yet being on a track where they claim to be gangsta is contradicting. On one hand the MO-Pz are co-signing "Yea, Fab and Cain are G's." Then they turn around and say "Na, you're not a G." Hence, they're making themselves look dumb.

LMAO @ EVEN NICK CANNON! What is that supposed to mean? Nick Cannon has collabed with R.Kelly(he collabed with Jay-Z, Cash Money, Biggie), Busta Rhymes(he collabed with 50...), Fat Joe(he collabed with KRS-One), etc. LMAO @ You.

That's like saying, 50 collabed with Missy, Lil Kim, even JOE!  ::)

Now, about your example. 40 saying "The St. Lunatics album sucked," that's not making himself look dumb. He never collabed with them 1, and 2, he had nothing to do with the album. Now, if he hopped on Nelly's song and said "This song sucks!" Then he'd be clowning himself.

Jome

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2004, 08:12:07 PM »
LOL @ he could've gotten afraid. Horrible reasoning.

If you could give me a better example then maybe I'd agree with you, but that was a horrible attempt at writing a hot line. Just because someone's name is stated, that doesn't automatically mean they're getting dissed.

Of course he could have gotten afraid, maybe he regret it or they squared up or something..

The example was good, I wasn't trying to make a hot line, but simple so you would get the point.

You use "Pac got fucked in jail" as a metaphor, you're dissing him, period!!!!
(Unless Pac pose in magazines "Pac reveals: I got raped in jail".. like a rapper would do that)

50 and E-40 hardly collabed with Justin. They busted verses on his beat. Justin collabed with The Clipse, Neptunes, Bubba Sparxxx, those were collabs. Horrible perception Jome. M.O.P. dissing someone for not being gangsta, yet being on a track where they claim to be gangsta is contradicting. On one hand the MO-Pz are co-signing "Yea, Fab and Cain are G's." Then they turn around and say "Na, you're not a G." Hence, they're making themselves look dumb.

LMAO @ EVEN NICK CANNON! What is that supposed to mean? Nick Cannon has collabed with R.Kelly(he collabed with Jay-Z, Cash Money, Biggie), Busta Rhymes(he collabed with 50...), Fat Joe(he collabed with KRS-One), etc. LMAO @ You.

That's like saying, 50 collabed with Missy, Lil Kim, even JOE!  ::)

Now, about your example. 40 saying "The St. Lunatics album sucked," that's not making himself look dumb. He never collabed with them 1, and 2, he had nothing to do with the album. Now, if he hopped on Nelly's song and said "This song sucks!" Then he'd be clowning himself.

Horrible arguments..
Missy & Lil Kim is far more hiphop than Nick Cannon.
Isn't Nelly & Murphy Lee part of St.Lunatics.. ??  ::)

Dissing the wannabe gangsta you're collabing with on the same track (or talking about the track in interviews) is gangsta, end of story.

Jome

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2004, 08:14:59 PM »
What REALLY would be fake, would be:

Fame: "Uhhh, Fabolous.. ?? He's dope.. He bringing that real gangstashit"

If the interviewer asks, why be a phony or avoid the question.. ?

SGV

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2004, 10:12:36 PM »

Of course he could have gotten afraid, maybe he regret it or they squared up or something..

The example was good, I wasn't trying to make a hot line, but simple so you would get the point.

You use "Pac got fucked in jail" as a metaphor, you're dissing him, period!!!!
(Unless Pac pose in magazines "Pac reveals: I got raped in jail".. like a rapper would do that)
You don't know Chino or anything about the situation, so don't bring that WEAK arguement. Chino used "fucked" as a double meaning. He used it in a way that meant, "I don't want to catch a bad deal" hence, "get fucked." The "Pac in jail" tied in as that has been a rumor for YEARS. That's clever. Your line was not clever, at all.

Horrible arguments..
Missy & Lil Kim is far more hiphop than Nick Cannon.
Isn't Nelly & Murphy Lee part of St.Lunatics.. ??  ::)

Dissing the wannabe gangsta you're collabing with on the same track (or talking about the track in interviews) is gangsta, end of story.

LMAO @ more Hip Hop. What makes someone more Hip Hop? This will be good.

Nelly and Murph are from the St. Lunatics, but that don't mean 40 collabed with the Lunatics. Just because someone collabed with E.D.I. and Noble that don't mean they collabed with Outlawz. LOL @ Jome.

Collabing with a wannabe gangsta on a track that claims his "gangstaness," then turning around saying he's not gangsta is contradicting.

Jome

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2004, 12:04:56 AM »
You don't know Chino or anything about the situation, so don't bring that WEAK arguement. Chino used "fucked" as a double meaning. He used it in a way that meant, "I don't want to catch a bad deal" hence, "get fucked." The "Pac in jail" tied in as that has been a rumor for YEARS. That's clever. Your line was not clever, at all.

It's not all that clever.. you basically have no argument.

If you use a rumour in a way like that, it's a diss + you're concluding that it really happened.

There's also RUMOURS that 50 snitched on somebody, but there's no proof..(except Murder Incs photoshop legal papers) so if I used "You'z a snitch like 50" then that wouldn't be a diss.. ?

You use "Pac got fucked in jail" as a metaphor, you're dissing him, let's end it there.

Nelly and Murph are from the St. Lunatics, but that don't mean 40 collabed with the Lunatics. Just because someone collabed with E.D.I. and Noble that don't mean they collabed with Outlawz. LOL @ Jome.

Collabing with a wannabe gangsta on a track that claims his "gangstaness," then turning around saying he's not gangsta is contradicting.

LOL @ yourself.
Nelly & Murphy = St.Lunatics, fuck outta here.

If you work with 50 & Banks, you worked with G-Unit, if you worked with Xzibit & Ras Kass, you worked with Golden State..

« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 12:07:42 AM by Jome »

SGV

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2004, 01:03:36 AM »

It's not all that clever.. you basically have no argument.

If you use a rumour in a way like that, it's a diss + you're concluding that it really happened.

There's also RUMOURS that 50 snitched on somebody, but there's no proof..(except Murder Incs photoshop legal papers) so if I used "You'z a snitch like 50" then that wouldn't be a diss.. ?

You use "Pac got fucked in jail" as a metaphor, you're dissing him, let's end it there.

LMAO. What's not clever? You're example? Why yes, it wasn't. Thanks for proving my point.

You obviously don't understand how Chino used the metaphor. Lyricism is lost on you.

LOL @ yourself.
Nelly & Murphy = St.Lunatics, fuck outta here.

If you work with 50 & Banks, you worked with G-Unit, if you worked with Xzibit & Ras Kass, you worked with Golden State..

What about Ali and Kyjuan? They're the other 2 members.

What about Buck and Yayo? They're apart of the group.

And Saafir? LMAO.

I'm gonna make a CD and get MC Ren & Yella on it. Then I'm gonna put "Featuring N.W.A.!" And when everyone checks, they'll disapointed because Cube and Dre aren't there. Hence, it wouldn't be N.W.A.

You can't collab with a group, unless you've collabed with the entire group. How does that make sense at all? Jome....You're a character.

Don Breezio

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2004, 02:16:36 AM »
you guys have gotten off subject...imo opinion that chino xl line is more of a diss than not....but the MOP line is completely different than that one...all they did was use clever word play...they didn't say "I'll show you bad boy for real like them faggots singin bout peaches n cream"

jome every line that you've used as an example has had some sort of direct diss like fag or bitch or something like that...mop didnt do that.