Author Topic: Adam F - Kaos  (Read 535 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Adam F - Kaos
« on: May 31, 2002, 07:39:16 AM »
Adam F – Kaos

This album is basically a collection of tracks produced by British, former drum n bass producer Adam F. He managed to get some of hip hop’s finest to appear on this album including MOP, Redman and LL Cool J. This album was only released in Europe and not in the States, because the record company didn’t feel it was viable for the US market.

Kaos Main Title - intro

Smash Sumthin (Redman) – the first real song on the album and it’s a banger. It sort of has a drum n bass feel to it, but the beat is still hip-hop, and Redman rips it with his lyrics. Great hook as well. 5/5

Stand Clear (MOP) – well its MOP so you know this is going to be pumped up, and this one sure is a banger. The beat is straight out hardcore and MOP attack the track with their normal aggressive style, which really fits the beat to perfection. 5/5

Listen Here (CNN) – I have never really been into CNN, but this track made me think that maybe I was missing something. The beat is once again on point from F, and although it’s not as good as the first two tracks, CNN do a good job and it’s certainly a tight track. 4.5/5

Where’s My (Lil Mo) – this is more of a dance track than a hip hop one, but it is still pretty tight. Adam F shows his versatility on the beat, and although there is not much lyrical content here, it is certainly the best Lil Mo song I have ever heard, and the chorus is real catchy. 3.5/5

GOAT (LL Cool J) – I had already heard this track from LL’s album of the same name, but it still sounds as good as ever here. Once again a great beat with an awesome bass line, and LL rips the track up with his lyrics. A charged hook finishes this awesome song perfectly and I think this is probably my favourite track on the album.

News Flash - skit

Dirty Harry’s Revenge (Beenie Man and Siamese) – this is the first track on the album that’s I not really feeling. The beat is pretty decent, Beenie Man does his normal reggae thing, and Siamese doesn’t really bring anything that great to the table. The song just doesn’t feel right, and I normally end up skipping this one. 2.5/5

Time 4 Da True (Dave and Pos from De La Soul and DV Alias Khryst) – this track makes up for the disappointment of the last one perfectly. Adam F brings another banging beat, and the De La Soul boys do their normal thing assisted by Khryst who also does a good job. Great song. 4.5/5

Karma (Guru and Carl Thomas) – this is basically the RnB track on the album, and although the beat is still pretty good I think he would be better off sticking to his banging beats. It’s alright, nothing special though. 3/5

End of Dayz Interregnum - Skit

Last Dayz (Pharoahe Monch) – the last proper song on the album, and as usual Monch spits some dope verses, although this song is a bit weird and feels a bit disjointed. However the beat and pretty good and Monch is on here so it’s bound to be good. 4/5

Time Is Up - Skit

Trans Mission – Skit

When I bought this album I didn’t really know what to expect from it. However I was pleasantly surprised. Although the album is very short, and there are a lot of skits, the majority of the tracks that are here are straight bangers, which alone merit the cost of the album. Adam F really does show a lot of versatility as a producer with every track having a different sound, but somehow still all fitting together as an album. There are only really two tracks that I skip and there are four or five classic or near classic tracks on here which make it a worthy purchase. I look forward to seeing more of Adam F in the future.

Overall: 7.5/10
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jome

Re: Adam F - Kaos
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2002, 08:14:46 AM »
Dope review cuh.
These are all 5 joints in my opinion:
Smash Sumthin
Stand Clear
Listen here
Last Dayz (This is the only track I feel you slept on, it's dope as fuck. Both the beat and the lyrics are 15 years ahead in time)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »