Author Topic: Politicians You Respect but disagree with  (Read 275 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Politicians You Respect but disagree with
« on: May 07, 2004, 08:07:56 PM »
Somewhat of an awkward thread. I'm curious to see people's views on politicians they respect but disagree on some points with. Try to provide details.

Ronald Reagan - I admire the raising of the drinking age, his absolutely incredible team behind him, and the concept of Reagonomics which helped rid North America of Stagflation.

Moammar Gadhafi - I respect that he wants to unite Arabs, that he wants peace between Israel + Palestine, and that he stands up for what he believes in. Also, he was smart enough to know to give up his WMDs, although he should have the right to own them if other countries do.

Moqtada Al Sadr - I respect his standing up to Americans in Iraq.

Jimmie Walker - Has great points about the double standards in which Blacks use reverse racism.

I'll think of more later. I'm interested to see other people's lists.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re:Politicians You Respect but disagree with
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 08:14:21 PM »
Pat Buchanan, he basically has ideas, and he sticks to them, even though his former party soften up, he stayed his course. I can never agree with him, English only, anti-immigrantion, and so on since it  is very anti-Latino, but I do respect him opposing the Patriot Act, (I heard a whole speech on his true opinion) and his honesty.

Arnold, his the governor, and his not fucking up. Hell, his working for free. I don't agree with some of what he does, but, he does have a advisors from both parties, and listens to both sides, and it shows.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 08:53:51 PM »
Pat Buchanan, he basically has ideas, and he sticks to them, even though his former party soften up, he stayed his course. I can never agree with him, English only, anti-immigrantion, and so on since it  is very anti-Latino, but I do respect him opposing the Patriot Act, (I heard a whole speech on his true opinion) and his honesty.

Do you believe that Pat Buchanan was the infamous "Deepthroat"?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 10:32:35 PM »
I really don't have a problem with Bill Clinton, he seems like a nice guy, even though I think he's in some deep shit behind the scenes and I don't agree with hardly any of his policies.  He's kind of shady, but most of the time he does the right thing, I guess that means I respect him.  Charisma goes a long way with me and he's very charismatic.  

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 07:36:52 AM »
i think tony blair is a decent guy behind it all, he does what he thinks is right, even if i dont agree with it. colin powell i respect too.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 07:37:17 AM »
yeah i got mad respect for clinto too. i think he did a lot to clean up the environment, and i think he was a good president. they say that the economy was waning as he was on his way out, but i think that that is cyclical. i can't say that theres really anything that sticks out in my mind as a 'bad decision.'

i also respect bush to some degree. although 90% of the things he's done, i don't agree with, but he's been thrown some pretty difficult curveballs. all this shit that people say about him 'engineering 9/11' i think is pure bullshit. it took years and years for that shit to be planned, and i don't think bush had the capabilities (nor the heartlessness) to pull off something like that.

what i can't stand though, is those politicians that make their name off ripping somebody else. like howard dean. that dude talked mad shit about bush and his war and then as soon as saddam was captured, he had nothing left to say. kerry too, about the unemployment rate, what the fuck is he gonna say now with 2 straight months of increased employment.

i think al sharpton is a respectable politician, but only because he's black. he's had some pretty ridiculous ideas in the past, but he represents some minority.

custamante cruz worked his ass off to become govenor of california and lost to arnold, which i think sucks but at least arnold is working for free.

everyone out here in new york bitches about mayor bloomberg, but everyone bitched about rudy giulliani until 9/11. i think bloomberg is doing a fine job at running this city, although he has raised taxes for the senior citizens ridiculously high.

rudy giulliani was a piece of shit with race relations between blacks and whites, but he did a lot against organized crime and it'd be almost impossible to NOT respect him for the way he went to ground zero during 9/11. that was insane the way he rounded up everyone that was trying to get him away from there and went to the scene of chaos.

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 07:45:34 PM »
Marx and Lenin.  These guys were for the true communism, the communism for the poeple.  I may disagree with their politics but they were good men and honest about their polotics.  Stalin on the other had was a horrible man and tyrant who ran Russia under the guise of communism.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 08:23:26 PM by GoodLuvn169 »

RonnyRo

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 08:17:41 PM »
Clinton was the best president this country has had in the last 20 years. May god bless him.

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 08:25:10 PM »
Clinton was the best president this country has had in the last 20 years. May god bless him.
hahahahaha are you kidding me.  sorry buddy im goin to have to disagree with you there, and please dont ask questions... for your own sake please.

RonnyRo

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2004, 09:45:18 PM »
hahahahaha are you kidding me.  sorry buddy im goin to have to disagree with you there, and please dont ask questions... for your own sake please.

No wait, you're right. I'm sorry. George W. Bush is a far better president. Lead us into meaningless wars into countries we can't control, go torture the civilians there, lose our own soldiers (which don't matter to me at all, but to some people they do), spend our tax money, deplete the surplus, cause a huge loss of jobs, etc etc. Yea, you're right.

infinite59

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2004, 05:42:14 AM »

I disagree with Pat Buchanon but I respect him for having integrity and for making intelligent arguments.  I like to read his thoughts because it is the best way to get unfiltered views from the white supremist, republican, Christian right.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2004, 06:16:29 AM »

rudy giulliani was a piece of shit with race relations between blacks and whites, but he did a lot against organized crime
he was a very dogdgy prosecutor making cases out of nothing for example with the commission case he worked on before becoming the mayor.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2004, 10:05:12 AM »

No wait, you're right. I'm sorry. George W. Bush is a far better president. Lead us into meaningless wars into countries we can't control, go torture the civilians there, lose our own soldiers (which don't matter to me at all, but to some people they do), spend our tax money, deplete the surplus, cause a huge loss of jobs, etc etc. Yea, you're right.
Reagan was far better then Clinton.

Montana00

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2004, 11:50:14 AM »
what i can't stand though, is those politicians that make their name off ripping somebody else. like howard dean. that dude talked mad shit about bush and his war and then as soon as saddam was captured, he had nothing left to say. kerry too, about the unemployment rate, what the fuck is he gonna say now with 2 straight months of increased employment.

I would first like to say that bush had nothing to do with the job rate going up. The only plan he had to fix the dead economy was a tax cut. It just my opinion but the tax cut was pure bullshit. it just gave wealthy people back lots of money while middle class people got back a couple hundred dollars

yea i know rich people give more back, BUT. If middle class people only get back a couple hundred dollars how is that suppsoed to improve the econonmy? its not.

i think the economy just rose. nothing helped it up. the job market just got better.

i second the clinton thing.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2004, 01:58:58 PM »

I disagree with Pat Buchanon but I respect him for having integrity and for making intelligent arguments.  I like to read his thoughts because it is the best way to get unfiltered views from the white supremist, republican, Christian right.

Pat Buchannan is not a white supremacist you moron.