Author Topic: Would you call it racism?  (Read 982 times)

bez

Re:Would you call it racism?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2004, 12:03:20 PM »
No racism involved.  If you saud yourself that there have been some fights and shooting involved in the area lately involving black kids then they have a right to search you.  Come on man, 3 youngstas ridin in a car is bad enough but when there has been shootings and shit involving black kids your in for it.  They are just doing there job.  I am sure if it was white kids, loads wudda been stopped that nite.  

As you said, you spoke to some blacks when you got to the club and they said themselves that they had also been stopped.  All it means is that the Police are trying to prevent anymore trouble from happening in the club, therefore trying to prevent killing and save lifes, maybe even your own.  Just be appreciative man.  What if they pulled over a car full of 3 black kids after you and found guns on em all??????  That cudda possibly saved a life.

TO yourselves your normal but to police and others you could easily be carrying a weapon.

SGV

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2004, 12:31:59 PM »
So, by your way of thinking, only Muslims should be searched at Airports right? Non-Muslims should not be searched because they didn't commit the 9/11 acts.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2004, 12:41:08 PM »
You're also from another country, so you're not valid in this convo.

i still dont really understand why you have it in your head that racial profiling only occurs in your country...thats probably the most ridiculous statement i have seen on this board... ::)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

SGV

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2004, 01:04:58 PM »
Notice, I say THIS CONVO. This is about a situation that happened in the states. A simple, yes or no would be coo. But, "I was stopped by the cops to" by someone who's not from the states means nothing in this thread.

hector

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2004, 01:47:20 PM »
So, by your way of thinking, only Muslims should be searched at Airports right? Non-Muslims should not be searched because they didn't commit the 9/11 acts.

In a sense, yes, I agree.  There is only a certain amount of time and money that can be used for preventing terrorrist acts, violent shooting acts, DUI's, etc.
If in an airport, every single person was stripped down and searched, it would be a huge annoyance, and very time consuming.  Imagine how long it would take to board a plane.

If everyone got their cars searched goin into the club it would take way too long, and people would get annoyed and leave.

Imagine how long DUI checkpoints would take, if they actually tested every car.

In a perfect world, everything would be fair.  but its not a perfect world, and everything isn't fair.  So we have to figure out the best way to do it.

It ain't like we just said, aight lets only target muslims when boarding airplanes, because they could be terrorists.  FIRST  muslim terrorists hi-jacked our planes and crashed them.  then we profiled them.  If it were blacks who crashed the planes, then blacks would be profiled.  same goes for asians, mexicans, indians, etc.  Whites?  Probably not.  And again, that is just life.

Life isn't fair, but it isn't fair for everybody, and that is what makes it fair.

I'm curious, what you guys who think is a better idea at solving this nightclub situation?  and would your feelings change if last weekend your best friend had been shot at the same place by a black gang member?

SGV

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2004, 02:00:35 PM »
Ok, say they just start searching Muslims and a white guy Hi-Jacks a plane. You know how dumb they'd look? "Well, we decided that profiling is the best way to stop Terrorists, this one just slipped through the cracks."

::)

That's bullshit. About the senario you give. Let's flip it like I did. What if a Latino gang member shot up the place. What was the purpose of profiling one group, when another group or groups can commit the same crime?

Trauma-san

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2004, 02:05:16 PM »
Hell, I'm stereotyped, too.  I don't see what the problem is.  

The other day I was in Belks, and all the black guys were just walking straight through, but the women kept trying to get me to buy perfume for my girlfriend.  I dunno if she assumed I had a girlfriend because I'm so fucking handsome, or if she thought since I was white, I had more money, but I don't appreciate that shit!!!!

Also, Lots of times, I go in stores, and when all the black people walk outside, the white guys behind the counter just give me free shit.  I try to pay for it, but as long as no minorities are watching, they just give it to me because I'm white.  That's not fair!  

I was at a club last week, and they were searching all the minorities at the door.  Well, the chick searching everybody was really, really hot!  SINCE I WAS WHITE, though, she wouldn't even put her hands on me.  

We gotta stop the madness.  

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2004, 03:30:22 PM »
grundy and trauma are kinda on point.

one thing's shocking me though, trauma, you get free stuff in stores cause you white? WTF? LOL!!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Corona Man

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2004, 04:31:12 PM »
fuck dat rasist ass shit ese we gotta stand up 2 dem culeros espesialy da eses

hector

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2004, 05:30:17 PM »
Ok, say they just start searching Muslims and a white guy Hi-Jacks a plane. You know how dumb they'd look? "Well, we decided that profiling is the best way to stop Terrorists, this one just slipped through the cracks."

That's bullshit. About the senario you give. Let's flip it like I did. What if a Latino gang member shot up the place. What was the purpose of profiling one group, when another group or groups can commit the same crime?

of course any person of any race can commit any crime.  Like I said, we don't live in a perfect world.  compromises have to be made.  Police can't search everybody, they have to make a compromise.  They can only search a certain percent.  This doesn't mean that white people don't get searched by the police.  I have been searched before, I'm white.  All it means is that, while at the airport, you are more likely to be searched by the police if you are muslim, than if you are white.  at a club where blacks have been starting shit, then blacks are more likely to be searched than whites.

The same shit happens to white people, especially in different countries.  before I said that I had never been racially profiled, but I was only thinking about here in usa.  Everytime I have gone to mexico, I have been racially profiled.  The federallies always profile white people in mexico.

There is always going to be profiling, as long as people are different.  If its not race, its gonna be something else.

Jome

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2004, 06:45:03 PM »
of course any person of any race can commit any crime.  Like I said, we don't live in a perfect world.  compromises have to be made.  Police can't search everybody, they have to make a compromise.  They can only search a certain percent.  This doesn't mean that white people don't get searched by the police.  I have been searched before, I'm white.  All it means is that, while at the airport, you are more likely to be searched by the police if you are muslim, than if you are white.  at a club where blacks have been starting shit, then blacks are more likely to be searched than whites.

The same shit happens to white people, especially in different countries.  before I said that I had never been racially profiled, but I was only thinking about here in usa.  Everytime I have gone to mexico, I have been racially profiled.  The federallies always profile white people in mexico.

There is always going to be profiling, as long as people are different.  If its not race, its gonna be something else.

Yup..
If the police is looking for a serial killer, who do you think they're gonna target.. ??
Yup, you guessed it.

SGV

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2004, 07:40:43 PM »
I know the thing about Mexico is bullshit. They fuck with Americans. Not just Whites. My boy looks like a Cholo, baldhead etc. And last time we were in Mexico he got pulled over twice. Both times he had to pay them off. I remember another time, my neighbors at the hotel got arrested 3 times(LOL) and they were Mexican. Mexican popo are out for money, skin color means nothing to them.

I just don't see how profiling works. A group of 5 Latinos could knock over a liquor store, that don't mean me and my homies would. So, why pull us over? Oh because we fit the "stereotype?" That's bullshit. Cops don't gotta search everybody, but they do have search more than just one or two certain races. You said yourself, anyone can committ a crime.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2004, 07:51:15 PM »
I know the thing about Mexico is bullshit. They fuck with Americans. Not just Whites. My boy looks like a Cholo, baldhead etc. And last time we were in Mexico he got pulled over twice. Both times he had to pay them off. I remember another time, my neighbors at the hotel got arrested 3 times(LOL) and they were Mexican. Mexican popo are out for money, skin color means nothing to them.

I just don't see how profiling works. A group of 5 Latinos could knock over a liquor store, that don't mean me and my homies would. So, why pull us over? Oh because we fit the "stereotype?" That's bullshit. Cops don't gotta search everybody, but they do have search more than just one or two certain races. You said yourself, anyone can committ a crime.

You seem like one of the only ones that can feel where I am comin from. I wasn't really bitchin about racism like some people in the thread seem to think I was. Yeah, even if some people from a certain race may do somethin more than others, when you fit that profile and you end up bein a victim, you don't care about the ones who do it because you know it's not you and the shit just frustrates you. And as I said, the cops usually can tell who is up to what. Those R&B Avant type black dudes really aren't about to start anything with anybody, believe me.

SGV

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2004, 08:00:33 PM »
The people who are disagreeing are white. They don't know what it's like to be Latino or Black in the U.S. Everyday we get profiled, soley based on our skin color. So, to say "Get over it," is rather ignorant. You don't know how it feels to be suspected of something just because of your skin color.

I think that whenever White males enter buildings they should be searched. We don't want any other Oklahoma Bombing type tragedies.

SGV

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2004, 08:08:36 PM »
I don't know if I ever posted this here.

My moms used to teach Spanish to local cops here. Though a joke, they once told her: 3 Blacks are in a car, "they must be on their way to do a drive-by." 3 Mexicans are in a car, "they must've stole it." 3 Whites are in a car, "Look at how considerate, they're carpooling to help the environment."

I always thought it was fucked up.